We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Member Treebird Options

Treebird
#1 Posted : 9/12/2011 10:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexus, my name is Treebird and this is my first post. I first read about DMT 12 years ago in a book called "Psychedelic Shamanism". I was 16 and it was the first year that I had experienced psilocybin mushrooms. I immediately developed an interest in psychedelics, feeling that there was something very special and unknown behind them. I learned as much as I could and had many experiences with psilocybin mushrooms, LSD and some other things like LSA extracted from Hawaiian Woodrose and Salvia Divinorum. I never had the chance to experience DMT in my early years, although I did collect lots of reed canary grass one year I never got around to extracting it.

Over the years, my use of entheogens tapered off and I was only using psilocybin mushrooms about once a year, then a few years went by without any experiences. Around the age of 25 my whole life seemed to crash, I got dumped by my girlfriend of 5 years, I disliked my job as a web programmer and was becoming burnt out. I didn't like myself or where I was in life, I felt very disconnected from all that is. That is when DMT presented itself to me unexpectedly through a high school friend. I was very reluctant to try it, mostly because of the depressed state of mind I was in at the time, and I didn't try it for at least another year. Although looking back now I wish I would have.

I though about it often over that year. After meeting up with the same friend again at a gathering and some further discussion about it, I decided I was ready. The next day I went to his house and he loaded up his waterpipe for me. After a minute of technical difficulties (I was trying too hard not to burn it, and wasn't heating it enough), I inhaled the vapors into my lungs over 3 hits, leaned back and closed my eyes. It came on quick, but it was comforting and somehow familiar. I entered a space similar to one I was in during a strong psilocybin experience I had a few years beforehand, very colorful with eyes everywhere all around me, giving me the feeling that everything is consciousness and that nothing is really secret or hidden. I was ecstatic when I came down and I felt very energized afterwards. It left me with a thirst for knowledge and the feeling that I was in full control of my life, I just had to steer it in the right direction.

Over the past couple years I have smoked DMT roughly 50-60 times, and I have drank Caapi/MHRB Ayahuasca 3 times. DMT has been an important and magical tool in my life. I think about things differently now and my life has changed a lot for the better. I got rid of my full time burnout programming job. I still do some work on the side for extra money but I keep it at a comfortable level. I work in a hydroponics shop now and I love it, if anybody has any questions about indoor growing or products feel free to PM me. My boss lets us grow right in the shop and we have a 6 slab vegetable garden along side a grow tent full of roses. I'm planning ordering Salvia Divinorum plants soon to grow in the shop, I've heard they love hydroponics, and they grow beautiful blue flowers.

I have a DMT session about once every 2 months now, I smoke 2 or 3 times per session. I always do it now in silent darkness by myself, I keep a few candles lit to see. I meditate while controlling my breathing beforehand to get into a relaxed state. Music is nice but I feel like it holds me back, I find focusing on a particular vibration that may present itself to you during the trip is essential to breaking through into spaces that seem to be represented by that vibration. Sometimes it's a low pitch tone like OM and other times it can be high pitched vibrating at supersonic speeds. Low pitched vibrations usually leave me feeling slightly nauseous and the trip becomes alien themed (like Star Trek spaceship kind of alien), where we telepathically connect to entire other civilizations and you can hear beeps and tones coming from some type of computer. High pitched vibrations usually create a very spiritual setting where there is a lot of bright light and beings there that seem like they're family, although I have come across apparently hostile beings in these spaces too. Being around other people also seems to hold me back. The strangest things happen to me when I'm by myself.

Peace and Love
Treebird

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#2 Posted : 9/13/2011 3:13:03 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hi there Treebird, like your name Smile

i can relate to your statement
Quote:
I have come across apparently hostile beings in these spaces too. Being around other people also seems to hold me back. The strangest things happen to me when I'm by myself.

i think 'hyperspace'/the 'spirit-world' is vastly diverse and 'populated'..the navigator finds domains more peaceful than others through practice..
..i also agree the presence of other people can hold back deep navigation and 'the spirit' to those with a very personal relationship with the sacrament/teacher..

looking forward to maybe hearing about some of those 'strange things', as well as your general input..

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 9/13/2011 5:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

nice intro treebird,
i had to search out dmt for over 10 years becasue i had no idea home extraction was possible. i use to feel as you do that i missed out and wished i had tryed it sooner but after years of working with the molecule and helping other's get started i firmly believe we begin our path with dmt when the time is right.
finding dmt was like winning the lottery. i rmemebr how fast i drove home once i finally precured some. i didnt even take my jacket off before i ran upsatairs loaded a bowl and tried to blast off! Laughing

i got lucky, i broke through on my 3rd try and life for me changed dramatically.
welcome to the nexus, enjoy your time here its a very special place.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Pandora
#4 Posted : 9/13/2011 6:12:10 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Treebird,

Welcome to the Nexus! Great introduction - thank you so much for sharing. Great to have an experienced user join the Forum.

Should you be interested in branching out in teks, including ones for mescaline and salvinoran, be sure to check the wiki link in the upper right hand corner of the Forums.

There are many fascinating subforums here ranging from various entheogens to philosophy to sustainable living. I believe you will like what you see.

If any questions come up, or thoughts or trip reports or anything, feel free to post in the Welcome Area.

Great to have you here - hope to see you around.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU