We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New member~* Options

spicykuri
#1 Posted : 9/6/2011 3:21:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is interested in experiencing DMT for a second time. On the first occasion SWIM took ayahuasca and an MAOI and experienced negative visuals and high levels of anxiety. Once the trip had ended there was euphoria, but as a whole SWIM was left with an unpleasant view of the drug. A desire to try again with the hopes of more desireable effects, but an issue arises in that SWIM has supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). After reading through this forum and doing some research on my own, I was curious what some of the more knowledgeable persons on the forum. Would it be safe to try smokeable DMT without the MAOI?

Thanks to all!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#2 Posted : 9/12/2011 8:33:30 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome spicykuri,Smile
..DMT (as opposed to 5meo) should be quite safe for you to try vaporized..because ayahuasca has the dietry/medication restrictions it could be said to lead to more possible complications..
i personally find MAOIs can complicate things sometimes..especially when visuals aren't happening can be an anxious experience, especially if you're not used to it..
..with pure smoked DMT, heart rate and blood pressure remain fairly stable..even if the user thinks they've surely died..30mg is a good starting point
..thanks for your question and good to have you here...

Pandora
#3 Posted : 9/12/2011 3:52:17 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi spicykuri,

Welcome to the Nexus. Sorry to hear your first oral DMT experience was a rough one.

I would like to encourage you to check the wiki link in the upper right hand corner of the Forum. There is a very well written Health & Safety section there as well as other resources, including extraction teks to procure smokeable DMT.

Heart issues, eh? Has your doctor cleared you for strenuous activity such as vigorous sex and cardio workouts/exercise? The reason I ask is because there is a noticeable increase/spike in heart rate and blood pressure with vaporized DMT. I cannot offer you medical advice, and neither can ANYONE else here, yay or nay. Ignore anyone who attempts to say you should or should not do something based on medical information you give here. That is between you and your doctor, not people on the internet who smoke DMT. But as a middle aged woman, I would counsel extreme caution and medical consultation here.

Smokeable DMT works without MAOI. MAOI is necessary to get oral DMT to work. Sometimes folks consume MAOI then smoke DMT to potentiate the smokeable DMT effects. But again, you can smoke DMT without any MAOI and it will work fine.

Please take a good look around and don't hesitate to keep posting questions as they come up. Again, welcome.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU