We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bad experience with Mushrooms+Iboga Options

evolutionofone
#1 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:09:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was posted over at Eboka, I wanted to share my experience here so others don't have to go through the same thing. Also, since I initially posted this another member at Eboka posted about going through the same exact thing, but even worse & said it took 4-5 days to fully recover. So this is not an isolated incident or just me.

Let me explain my situation before I get into the experience. I'll keep it brief, I posted more info in the introductions section. I was addicted to opiates for a few years, then was on suboxone for around 11 months. Last month I did an Iboga flood with 30g root bark. Its been right around a month since my flood & 40 days since I took suboxone. I had a lot of residual withdrawal a week or so after that flood that continued for a while. Its been tough but has gotten much better I have been feeling pretty good mentally, I am mostly dealing with physical stuff, ie lack of energy & some slight manageable physical withdrawl. I have also been taking Ibo boosters almost daily since my flood usually around 1g-2g of root bark.

I have always enjoyed mushrooms in the past & usually always had good experiences with them. I've read about people taking mushrooms post Ibo with good results, also taking them with small doses of Ibo & supposedly having a synergistic effect and a great experience. Well I took around 2g mushrooms last night, I also took a little under 2g Ibo root bark a few hours before. As soon as I felt the onset from the mushrooms I became uncomfortable & nervous, as more time passed it got worse. About 1hr after taking them I felt in fear, anxiety, nervous, depressed. On top of that, physically it felt like my withdrawls were coming back, I felt the creepy crawly feeling on my skin, crappy feeling in my back, uncomfortable feeling in my chest/heart? along with the anxiety. My energy felt like it was completely drained & I didn't even want to move. I went and laid in bed for some time just wishing for it to end. After about another hour or more the anxiety, nervousness, & physical stuff seemed to pass & I was just left depressed for another couple hours.

I watched some movies to take my mind off it & I eventually felt better, a few hours later I went to sleep. Now I thought about this having partly to do with my coming off the opiates etc. but the thing is, it seemed like much of the psychedelic effect of the mushrooms was blocked, I had very little visual effects, & I was never able to get into that psychedelic headspace at all. I never truly felt them how I should. Most of the time I was just overwhelmed with negative thoughts. It felt just the opposite of synergy, it was like the Ibogaine was battling with the Psilocybin and it canceled out positive effects from either leaving me with negativity & depression. Before I took the mushrooms, I felt fine mentally. As soon as they kicked in, I felt noticeably worse, it was very odd to me.

I have taken mushrooms & lsd plenty of times, I'm fairly experienced & very familiar what its like when you get into a bad place mentally during the experience, get caught in a thought loop, freak yourself out a bit etc. I've had those things happen before though its usually short lived, & I've always been able to pull myself out of it & it passes, then I'm fine & feel great. What I went through last night was much different, as I mentioned before, I never really got to that psychedelic headspace where the above things can even happen. The depression etc I felt lasted a long time & there was no willing it away with positive thoughts etc. I'm aware of issues post Ibo with lsd or mdma etc due to serotonin syndrome, but I had read multiple times that mushrooms were ok? I don't know why anyone would say this after what I experienced. I have purposely stayed away from anything that I specifically knew had a bad interaction with Ibo. I've even read about Ibo providers giving mushrooms during treatment & the week following a flood to boost mood etc.

Also I had no other substances in my system besides Ibo before taking the mushrooms, though I did smoke cannabis a few hours in & that helped me feel a bit better mentally. I would never have taken the mushrooms if I knew this was a possibility, what a waste. Also today I'm feeling a bit out of it mentally, not depressed, but I just don't feel quite right. I have an opportunity to partake in DMT for the first time, but now I feel like thats out of the question after what happened last night, at least for some time. Its very disappointing to say the least since psychedelics/entheogens have been a huge help getting me away from drugs, keeping me on the right path & renewing my love of life.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Purges
#2 Posted : 9/9/2011 11:01:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear about this Sad I think it would be a good idea to give the DMT a miss until you are in a better place mentallly and physically. I am not too familiar with Iboga, but I understand it can block DMT / Aya for quite some time afterwards, no need overloading your system as it clearly still has some work to do. Best of luck Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 9/9/2011 11:25:32 AM

JC

Yes sorry to hear that mate. I have had mushroom experiences just like you explained, physical, negative, paranoid, that didnt give me the nice afterglow I expected, just a bad trip all round. I had a great time with a low dose of peruvian torch a few days after my iboga flood. Peruvian torch cactus always gives me positive experiences, always without fail!! Mushrooms on the other hand dont, usually they are good but sometimes they can be a bit of a battle mentally and physically.

jdubs
#4 Posted : 9/9/2011 1:34:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear you are going through tough times brother (I assume - or sister?). I have also been addicted to heroin, and methadone, and I can tell you that realistically it will take up to 6 months for your brains seretonin levels to return to pre-opiate levels. This means that you may be very up and down, especially just after withdrawing. It will get gradually better over time, dont worry, and I think healthy diet and exercise will quicken this process exponentially.

It may seem like a long road to travel, but my God is it worth it, and you have aready done the hardest part. People seem to forget the emotional side of opiate withdrawal and just focus on the physical suffering. I know the mental side is just as hard, but I am sure that after a couple months you will feel much better. Perhaps it would be prudent to wait til then before taking any strong doses of psychedelics. If you spend that time getting strong mentally and physically, the experience will undoubtedly be far more positive.

Patience is a virtue.

And welcome to the nexus! Smile
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 9/9/2011 3:28:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I feel a bit responsible for this because i have made posts about this combination where i more or less advertised it. I have good experiences with it myself, but i've become aware that it's not a formula for guaranteed entheogenic succes. It can be an extremely deep and positive experience but it can be extremely unpleasant just as well.

I have had one unpleasant experience with pure iboga and in my view, a bad trip with iboga is FAR,FAR worse than a nightmarish trip with LSD, DMT or shrooms. Iboga goes very deep and the feeling of total mental, psychological and emotional exhaustion i had after a bad iboga trip lasted for at least a month.