We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
-huasca and Martial Arts Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 11/24/2008 3:42:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Has anyone ever considered this or felt drawn to it?

SWIM believes his crude rue extract to be mainly comprised of harmine, rather than harmaline--considering the amount of heat that was applied in the extraction process. SWIM took 300mg of the harmala and 150mg of DMT fumarate, and had an incredibly intense experience: Tears rolling down his face, insights into the physics of chemistry, hiding under a blanket and so on.

When he came down from the peak experience and was still hallucinating, he felt incredibly invigorated and began to practice martial-arts (SWIM has some military martial-arts training and has followed the study to varying degrees throughout his life). He also found himself strongly inclined toward watching "The Last Samurai" to immerse himself in the classical Japanese aesthetic, particularly the aesthetic associated with Bushido. None of this has been at all uncommon for his past experiences, but this last trip seemed a little more focused on it.

Many of the ancient tribal cultures took hallucinogens for war and for hunting, and SWIM seems to be connecting very strongly with that aspect of it. But SWIM knows of no far-eastern martial culture that has combined the martial arts and hallucinogens. Perhaps in Cambodia or Thailand with psilocybes? These has two strong connections for SWIM: The physiological and perceptual enhancement that many psychedelics are capable of inducing, and the spiritual impact that martial arts and psychedelics share in common.

It's also interesting to note that on one of SWIM's strongest anahuasca experiences, SWIM clearly envisioned a battle from a time-period he was unable to identify--neither future nor past.

Thoughts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lorax
#2 Posted : 11/24/2008 11:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a friend has been practicing all sorts of sports on lsd for a while. it is very good for that. one seems to have really good balalance and patience. that friend has been developing his own style of tai chi. he never did tai chi before. he just kind of flowed with his feeling of how to do it. and it worked perfectly. he stood on one foot for over an hour stretching the other one into the air. he could have kept it up even longer but at one point he became hungry.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/24/2008 2:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LSD is great for body control during the trip! SWIM always goes hiking and exploring nature, free climbing small rocks and making jumps when tripping on acid

with most other psychedelics like ayahuasca and shrooms, for example, SWIM is less swift with his body and more 'lost', so couldnt do much during the trip, but in the beginning or end of the trip (or with lower doses), might well work

I think that these substances in general help us be more conscious of things, and one of the very important things we can be more conscious of is the body.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 11/24/2008 2:07:36 PM

Teotzlcoatl

One of the main parts of Yogo in ancient India was getting high... I know that's not exactly martial arts but... ya know.

Maybe give that a go as well?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 11/24/2008 5:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
One of the main parts of Yogo in ancient India was getting high... I know that's not exactly martial arts but... ya know.

Maybe give that a go as well?

Actually, yoga helped birth Shaolin Kunfu. Bodhidharma used yoga to keep his disciples resilient, and it somehow evolved into a fighting style.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 11/24/2008 10:15:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"RIVEA CORYMBOSA, OLOLIUQUI, PLANT FAMILY CONVOLVULACEAE
This is a creeping vine of 8m with heart shaped leaves and white flowers producing capsules which contain only one seed each. Commonly grown in Mexico. Likes temperatures between 15C - 25C, plenty of water, shade and is susceptible to frost.

EFFECTS AND PROPERTIES
The Aztecs and Mayan Indians of Central America eat 25 or more seeds as a stimulant causing tingling of the skin and head rushes. Seeds are sometimes crushed, infused and drank in ceremonies.
May have been used to increase alertness for hunting and battles.

ACTIVE CHEMICALS
2 types of Lysergic Acid."

LSA for battle, and I can believe it coming from those cultures because they would dress up in impractical-looking fearsome fantasy monster costumes to do battle, which is a bit of a crazy idea if you ask me. Then again, the Spanish turned up clanking around like robots. This is pasted from a 'legal highs' site that I don't want to identify because they sold my foaf bunk virola (their aya stuff and cactus was fine but anyway, they put legal highs on their title so I don't want to advertise them for that reason either).
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 11/24/2008 10:23:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I heard the tribes that took Ayawaska were pretty volatile towards each other before the missionaries turned up, so it certainly doesn't placate you.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 11/24/2008 11:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The shamans themselves were typically warriors.

Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain," was filmed while Jodorowsky was studying under a guru and taking LSD. The master alchemist (God) character in it is very much along the lines of the Rinzai school of Zen in his violence, rigor and severity. The character seems to practice Aikido, and at one point, breaks the bones of the thief apprentice (Christ) character as a lesson. During that time, the characters happened to be on their way to some Mayan ruins to partake in some sort of psychedelic brew ritual.

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 11/29/2008 3:56:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, I watched a documentary when a nerdy plant scientist wanted to try ayawaska. First they couldn't find any tribes to give him it, so they settled for a tribe who spike their arms with the toad venom, which I hear has some form of DMT in it. Then, when him and all the village youngsters were high, the shaman took them all hunting. They found an armadillo burrow, and ran back and forth flushing it with water for hours trying to drown the armadillo out. Eventually, the shaman got bored, the others chastised the plant scientist for being weak, then the shamen came back with a shotgun and blasted down the hole and dragged out one dead armadillo.
Not exactly what you'd call an advert for DMT, but hunting was involved.

Later, when he did drink aya, the new shaman and some French woman were bitching about how spoilt the scientist was. The guy was desperate for the plants to speak to him, and they just gave him shit. They were not nice people, however annoying he may have been... to be honest, reading the ayahuasca.com forum pages shows that a lot of them are anything but the ideal. It's pretty bitchy on there, everyone being overpolite and going on about respect but with cutting undertones... it surprised me. That's an aside though. But it all made me think how iboga is a more powerful force for good than ayawaska, from what I've seen of the Babongo.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 11/29/2008 11:12:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The more militant side of huasca needs to be cultivated carefully. Austerity is a strong tool to ward off dilettantes and probably should have been implemented in the acid-wave. One must take care not to become too cold, rigid or impersonal in the practice, however.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 11/30/2008 1:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
The shamans themselves were typically warriors.

Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain," was filmed while Jodorowsky was studying under a guru and taking LSD. The master alchemist (God) character in it is very much along the lines of the Rinzai school of Zen in his violence, rigor and severity. The character seems to practice Aikido, and at one point, breaks the bones of the thief apprentice (Christ) character as a lesson. During that time, the characters happened to be on their way to some Mayan ruins to partake in some sort of psychedelic brew ritual.

I really want to see this film! will rent it soon

ohayoco wrote:
Also, I watched a documentary when a nerdy plant scientist wanted to try ayawaska. First they couldn't find any tribes to give him it, so they settled for a tribe who spike their arms with the toad venom, which I hear has some form of DMT in it. Then, when him and all the village youngsters were high, the shaman took them all hunting. They found an armadillo burrow, and ran back and forth flushing it with water for hours trying to drown the armadillo out. Eventually, the shaman got bored, the others chastised the plant scientist for being weak, then the shamen came back with a shotgun and blasted down the hole and dragged out one dead armadillo.
Not exactly what you'd call an advert for DMT, but hunting was involved.

Later, when he did drink aya, the new shaman and some French woman were bitching about how spoilt the scientist was. The guy was desperate for the plants to speak to him, and they just gave him shit. They were not nice people, however annoying he may have been... to be honest, reading the ayahuasca.com forum pages shows that a lot of them are anything but the ideal. It's pretty bitchy on there, everyone being overpolite and going on about respect but with cutting undertones... it surprised me. That's an aside though. But it all made me think how iboga is a more powerful force for good than ayawaska, from what I've seen of the Babongo.

The frog does not have dmt, btw.. Its called phyllomedusa bicolor, and dmt has not been isolated from it. So far AFAIK only some substances that act on opioid receptors. In any case, it seems to boost up the immune system, as well as give you a big purging experience. I had the opportunity to try it but didnt feel like doing it somehow... A friend did and vomited a lot and got his face totally swollen up, deformed, for 20 mins.. But it seems its a normal reaction, appart from purging and sweating and what not.. Its a poison afterall.. Very happy

btw, dont judge a substance by the stupid people taking it. You have only not read posts from stupid people about iboga yet because its not famous enough for stupid people to start using it and posting and you noticing it.

Nanaki
#12 Posted : 12/8/2008 12:45:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about running a marathon? Would LSD help with the fatigue and give them a benefit during this strenuous activity?
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 12/8/2008 12:56:21 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Maybe not, but datura could have some interesting effects on marathon runners.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Nanaki
#14 Posted : 12/8/2008 1:05:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought datura was poisonous.

I mentioned the LSD thing before because marathoners have been known to have out of body experiences while running.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.