We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Psychoactive Lichen!!!...Novel Entheogen needs Research! Options

SKA
#41 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:22:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry. Being a total chemistry noob, I didn't know phosphoryl oxychloride was so toxic.

You say there are easier and safer ways to convert Olivetol to Delta-9-THC. I recently received a copy of PIHKAL; would I find these ways there? Or must I look elsewhere?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

moyshekapoyre
#42 Posted : 2/25/2011 11:53:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well i called the number of that bar and it's an invalid number... like disconnected or something. i absolutely must have this lichen...

Dorge
#43 Posted : 2/26/2011 11:11:45 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

http://www.vitamindepoto...0-Cap-Bottle_p_5524.html

Not what yer looking for I know but I'm sure it's right around the corner.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

LandOfOz
#44 Posted : 2/27/2011 7:33:52 AM

Oz

did you guys stop caring overnight about semi-synth talk? ive seen ppl flamed for far less than this or the other thc thread. not complaining i love it, just curious.

SKA
#45 Posted : 3/4/2011 3:26:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found a hedge not far from my house, yesterday, that was completely overgrown with Icelanding "reindeer" moss.
How I wish I owned a Gas-Chromatographer.

If anyone here has any of those Psychedelic/Psychoactive plant encyclopedia, could they read it through to see if there's any info on Psychoactive compounds in Lichens?

Wax
#46 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:23:54 PM

LUVR

In Ratschs encyclopedia of psychoactive plants the only mention of lichens are:

dictyonema sp. nov. which is located in the ecuadoran region of amazonia and has been used by shamans with several unidentified mosses in a tea to cast a spell over or magically kill someone.

non identified (jievut hiawsik) from the pima and o'odham indians (this is the earthflower) it was mixed with tobacco and was said to produce effects similar to marijuana.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Garfield
#47 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:41:33 PM
Sascha

SKA wrote:
I found a hedge not far from my house, yesterday, that was completely overgrown with Icelanding "reindeer" moss.
How I wish I owned a Gas-Chromatographer.

If anyone here has any of those Psychedelic/Psychoactive plant encyclopedia, could they read it through to see if there's any info on Psychoactive compounds in Lichens?

I checked my Raetsch-Encyclopedia of psychoactive plants, unfortunately he only mentions that some lichens might be psycoactive. No differenciations nor pictures.Crying or very sad
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman

Garfield
#48 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:45:15 PM
Sascha

archaic_architect wrote:
In Ratschs encyclopedia of psychoactive plants the only mention of lichens are:

dictyonema sp. nov. which is located in the ecuadoran region of amazonia and has been used by shamans with several unidentified mosses in a tea to cast a spell over or magically kill someone.

non identified (jievut hiawsik) from the pima and o'odham indians (this is the earthflower) it was mixed with tobacco and was said to produce effects similar to marijuana.

sorry, must have missed that part. For this reason forget my post!
“Coincidences are what are left over after you've applied a bad theory.” P.W. Bridgman

bindu
#49 Posted : 4/19/2011 5:47:32 PM

lichen?

that looks like an amoeba to me.

Not so fast moving single cell organisms that can be quite intelligent.
Code:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8718-robot-moved-by-a-slime-moulds-fears.html

would be nice to grow these beings...
blessed be all forms of intelligence

SKA
#50 Posted : 5/12/2011 2:37:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess if anyone knows more about this Lichen, it must be the artists that made the Stone Soup as described in the Stone Soup-article.
It just may pay off to try and find out which artist made this Stone Soup and accidentally discovered it to be a very Stoned Soup.
How many Islandic artists are there? How many people live in Iceland anywayz?

Seems to be the best lead we have for now.

۩
#51 Posted : 8/5/2011 5:56:11 AM

Lichen came up again in the chat today.
Someone speculated that
http://jlcheype.free.fr/.../Parmelia_conspersa0.jpg
could be active.

There is an abundance growing on the mountains here overlooking the valleys of forest. These things grow directly on sandstone that has had shelves and bowls carved out into it (by natives I am guessing) directly underneath acorn trees on cliffs that are mesmerizingly beautiful.

I will soon collect some. I have contacted someone about possible lab analysis. I plan on allergy testing a very very very tiny amount orally and smoked. I will up my doses with days in between as to not cause any potential tolerance. I do not recommend anyone doing this because we are dealing with unknown and potentially toxic territories, this is why I am doing a standard allergy test. I will cease exploration upon the first hint of toxic effects.

Who knows if its anything worthy of exploration, but I figure the only way we are ever going to learn anything is by testing these things safely and intelligently one species at a time.

The reason I feel called to explore this particular lichen is because I have had some of the most profound experiences of my life in this area and I feel a tremendously deep connection with it. In fact, I moved across the USA to simply be near this environment. I find it rejuvenating more than anything. The longer I stay away from this kind of nature, the more stir crazy I get ;] I just think, WHAT IF, there was something psychedelic growing in this incredibly sacred space... With the way life goes, it would make sense to me.

Updates on microbioassy and hopefully possible lab analysis soon. If you or someone you know is interested in running samples, please PM me. Thanks. I sincerely apologize if moderators have a problem with this proposal.

Entropymancer
#52 Posted : 8/5/2011 7:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

According to Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden that species, Parmelia conspersa (possibly along with other unidentified lichens), was considered "potently magical and sacred by the Pima and Papago of southern Arizona and northwestern New Mexico." It "makes young men go crazy" when mixed with tobacco and smoked, and its effect has been compared to cannabis.

Sounds like you may be onto something. And it sounds like you're approaching it with a very appropriate degree of caution.

SKA
#53 Posted : 8/5/2011 11:29:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very Interresting House! Keep us updated.

Hvalfangeren
#54 Posted : 8/31/2011 10:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings,
Torvdymose ( Gymnocolea inflata ) produced powerfull hallunicinations in a proffessors buddy after ingesting it to try out rumors of its gagging properties. It grows in abundance in Norway according to the artsbank of Norway.

Theres pictures down on the page. But not good enough for identification.
This is Torvdymose from a couple of meeters http://www.flickr.com/ph...n/set-72157601634134942/
source:
http://www.norshroom.org...umber=167052&fpart=1

Theres rumors about activity in many of the levermoser/bladmoser (livermoss and leafmoss) but someone have yet to identify and corectly consume them from our forum. Identifying Torvdymoss is fairly easy due to its blackish color. I will look for this the next weeks.

Theres another thread on our forum regarding this topic:
http://www.norshroom.org...Number=169207#Post169207

Im sitting on a train home from a festival so dont have energy for translating right now.

Quote from a Swedish moss-identification book:
Fra mosefloraen (oversatt):
Gymnocolea inflata
Päronsvepemossa (no: Torvdymose)
Vokser vanligvis på myrer, i ”fattigkärr”(?) eller på fuktige ”hällmarker”(?) i hele Norden. Vokser ikke i ”rikkärr”(?) og på kalkrik grunn. Denne mosen er lett å gjenkjenne på grunn av sin mørke, svartaktige farge, de hjertelike bladene med to bredt avrundete fliker og ”svepets” (?) form. Dette ”svepet” man vanligvis ser, et oppblåst pæreformet, er et falsk svepe. Det er tomt og brytes lett løst ved berøring (stryk lett med fingrene). De kan som et ”groddkorn” (frø?) blåse vekk og vokse frem til nye moseindivider. Ekte ”sveper” er sjeldne.
Skuddene er millimeter-brede og mangler stoloner (utløpere) og ”stipler”(nerver??). Den meget like Cladopodiella fluitans finnes bare på myrer, har alltid lange stoloner og et annet utseende på cellene.
Kilde: ”Mossor- En fälthandbok”. T Hallingbäck & I Holmåsen. Interpublishing AB Stockholm ,1981
Trolls flow on within you and without you

SKA
#55 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:32:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Hvalfangeren.

Can you give the source that mentions that Gymnocolea inflata ingestion produced these powerfull hallucinogenic effects?
Unfortunately I cannot see those pages. Also I cannot read Norwegian.

Luckily, after some googling for "Gymnocolea inflata" I found this Topic about it on Entheogen.com forums:
http://www.entheogen.com...m/showthread.php?t=18295

jdubs
#56 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a complete wild card here...but what if this explains the existence of standing stones/standing stone circles...what if the ancient peoples brought the stones from so far (to make such things as Stonehenge) because they were covered in a lichen that they knew was psychedelic, and used them for religous purposes...not outside the realms of possibility I'd say...
Shocked
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

SHroomtroll
#57 Posted : 9/9/2011 4:15:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice i live in sweden and have thought about lichen since it grows alot here, i will def check out some of the suggested types after i´m done with shroom sesion Smile

christian
#58 Posted : 9/9/2011 4:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
According to Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden that species, Parmelia conspersa (possibly along with other unidentified lichens), was considered "potently magical and sacred by the Pima and Papago of southern Arizona and northwestern New Mexico." It "makes young men go crazy" when mixed with tobacco and smoked, and its effect has been compared to cannabis.

Sounds like you may be onto something. And it sounds like you're approaching it with a very appropriate degree of caution.

-Maybe this is where "getting STONED" comes from??:idea:
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

۩
#59 Posted : 9/11/2011 12:46:48 AM

Today I found a bag full of Parmelia conspersa.

When it dries I will bioassy.

jdubs
#60 Posted : 9/11/2011 1:51:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cant wait for the results! Exciting times Very happy
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

PREV12345NEXT»