We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
How often do you use Psychedelics? Options

Serenity
#1 Posted : 9/6/2011 6:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm new to forums and don't know how to create a poll, otherwise I gladly would. I searched the forum, and expected to see this somewhere, but I've only found this question posed for DMT alone. If there is already a thread, please point me in the right direction. I want to ask on this community because I consider it to be healthy, and I would like to gauge my own use with the frequency of use of others here.

I personally began using psychedelics about 8 months ago and from that point every 7-12 days or so (on average) for the last 6-7 months. These are usually moderate doses of mushrooms or DMT.

How often do you use psychedelics and why?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 9/6/2011 6:40:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from 2-6 times a year in general
not counting low doses, then maybe 20 times a year

the why...
there is the psychotherapy angle, they change my filter, so to speak, so I can examine experience and identify and resolve things that I am not able to in daily life

but then there is the spiritual component, i use psychedelics to reconnect with nature in a sacramental way

Also healing... healing meditation and psychedelics seem really productive

And well, I enjoy them so there is a recreational aspect to them as well.

jdubs
#3 Posted : 9/6/2011 6:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes more than others...whenever I feel 'the pull' (sometimes a couple a month, sometimes a couple a week, sometimes (music festivals etc) a couple a day, sometimes none for a few months. It varies Laughing
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 9/6/2011 7:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

as often as time, setting, and integration allow. this averages about 2 times a month for longer entheo's and a few times a week for dmt sessions.

at places like burningman i tripped multiple times a day for 7 straight days. i will have a good month of integration before i am ready again.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:00:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

harmalas every single day. Vaped DMT anywhere from 1 time a week to 5 times a week to not at all some weeks..a full ayahuasca session every week, sometimes 2 times a week. Mushrooms weekly as well durring the times that we are taking mushrooms..though I have not taken them for a few months now so I am due..
Long live the unwoke.

jdubs
#6 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:04:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehe that sounds like a helluva burning man Olympus... Very happy

And I am so overdue mushys Fractal, I can practically hear them chirping at me from the fields a couple of miles away Very happy

Question - When you say you take harmalas everyday, is this microdosing or what?

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Serenity
#7 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
harmalas every single day.

Harmalas every day? What method of administration, and what effects have you noticed? You're the first I've encountered of someone who uses harmalas daily and I've been curious.

a full ayahuasca session every week, sometimes 2 times a week. Mushrooms weekly as well durring the times that we are taking mushrooms..though I have not taken them for a few months now so I am due..

A full ayahuasca session? Do you do this by yourself, with others, or a shaman/ceremony? I've been apprehensive trying ayahuasca for the first time without a shaman/ceremony. I don't want to disrespect or break some kind of rule. I don't know why this is the case for e only ayahuasca and no other psychedlics.

Mushrooms weekly as well durring the times that WE are taking mushrooms..though I have not taken them for a few months now so I am due..

Your "we" statement causes a bit of healthy envy on my part considering our last discussion Laughing

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one using weekly.

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Serenity wrote:
I've been apprehensive trying ayahuasca for the first time without a shaman/ceremony. I don't want to disrespect or break some kind of rule. I don't know why this is the case for e only ayahuasca and no other psychedlics.

there are no rules other than those imposed by your preconceived notions. approach the medicine with respect and honorable intent, thats the only rule i can see being valid. ive only used aya in my home alone but will soon be spending many months in Peru and Ecuador in traditionalceremony.Very happy Very happy Very happy there is nothing wrong with using ayahuasca outside of traditional settings. these medicines are a gift to all human kind. use them when you feel called to do so in the setting of your choosing. whether that is in your bedroom or in south Americas. it is your calling to answer.Very happy

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jdubs
#9 Posted : 9/6/2011 8:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seconded. As much as I would love to go to Peru (and one day I will), I just cant at the moment. However I CAN still learn astoundingly great things from this marvellous medicine Laughing . I think, if anything, the fact that we can still buy and use it at home is a blessing that should be utilised...

wabkia
#10 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:08:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I use psychedelics all the time. They are my release and my first true love. They are my hobby. I have learned so much since I've got into psychedelics. I love reading about them. I like reading about how different individuals experience the things I love so much. If I had to put it in numbers I'd say:

LSD/Mushrooms: Not as often as I'd like but still around 1-2x per month.
RCs: Even less than the above, but I'd like to try more
DMT: 1-10 times per week. This will increase if I go to a trip party and smoke ~30m-1hr

I love to trip. I love to share tripping with other people. I love to spread the joy and clarity that comes from tripping too. Like Olympus Mom said, I like to trip as often as time, setting, and integration allows. I do have a "real" life as well Very happy

OVERDOSE
#11 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to be a bit more hardcore but these days not so much. I smoke weed pretty much every day, haven't smoked DMT in months, and it's been awhile since my last pharmahuasca session as well, due for another one of those pretty soon. That's about it for me. My last vaped trip was one of the most intense I've ever had, and though it was awesome I've had no desire to smoke again.

fractalenchantment: I too am very curious about this daily harmala dosing. How much do you take? What do you experience????

tele
#12 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:50:56 PM
Explorer

harmalas every single day. Vaped DMT anywhere from 1 time a week to 5 times a week to not at all some weeks..a full ayahuasca session every week, sometimes 2 times a week. Mushrooms weekly as well durring the times that we are taking mushrooms..though I have not taken them for a few months now so I am due..

Whoa you are one real tripper!Laughing

Can you elaborate what for do you take harmalas for daily?

Global
#13 Posted : 9/6/2011 11:03:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:

Whoa you are one real tripper!Laughing

I'm stoned and when I read that I just burst out laughing cause I had much the same phrase going through my head when I read the post. I mean no disrespect fractal. If anything I'm jealous I don't have the opportunity to do more.

Anyway I try to limit myself to once a week on DMT now but in the past I've done it as much as every day, multiple times daily, to several days a week, to a couple weeks break at most. At once a week, if I don't have a fully satisfying session, I'll usually allow myself to try till it is satisfying.

I probably take oral DMT (ayahuasca, chaliponga, pharmahuasca, vaped DMT w/MAOI) once every two months or so. I would without a doubt have that number significantly increased if I could eliminate the nausea.

I don't take acid as often anymore, but I'll take it at concerts I go to or if friends want to take or are planning some kind of outdoor excursion.

I've only done mushrooms 3 times like a year apart from each other and I'm not really a fan. The only way I'll try mushrooms again will be with the intent to smoke DMT on it or combine it with some other psychedelic, but that's about it.

I rarely smoke salvia anymore, though if someone else is gonna smoke it, I usually can't help myself Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

jamie
#14 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:22:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

To understand why I use harmalas this way you must be familiar with Tony Wright and the theory he puts forth in his book "left in the dark"..it is the idea that we are basically horribly deficient in so many ways, and this all began about 200,000 years ago I think when we left the tropic rainforests and abandoned our predominantly fruitarian diets for agriculture..technolgoy is currently making it worse in some way as we have lots of unnatural lighting at night and all kinds of microwaves we are exposed to..we cook alot if not all our food now so we are enzyme deficient..we eat way way less fruit than we did as evolving apes and compared to most primates are hormone deficient. We have basically caused damage to the left brain and it seeks controll so we are mainly left brained in our conscious actions.

harmalas are just part of what I do daily in order to reawaken what I believe are largely dormant pathways..I sungaze sometimes at the beach..I live on raw organic foods..I try to just be in the dark as much as I can once the sun goes down(that one is hard) and I get lots of sleep and so not forde myself to wake up at like 6am to run off to some stressful jop I hate.

harmalas have tons of medicinal properties and are very good for you I find. I take them at night often with a microdose of DMT as well added to the caapi..I take enough harmalas to feel it..I have trained myself to be able to enter into what I call "shamanic dreamtime" even with light doses as I lay in bed at night. I practive astral travel and lucid dreaming in this state every night. Often I will wake up fully tripping as if I have taken DMT at like 3am, which for me has proven that there is some merit in the theory that pinoline does endogenously metabolise into some sort of active methylated tryptamines under certain circumstances..this happens when I take only harmalas, or with melatonin and sometimes even if I skip a night of harmalas. It has been happening more and more often.

to really understand all of this and why I feel the way I do abotu the current state of the human brain you will have to google Tony Wright and watch some interviews with him and read his book..it is way to complicated for me to explain here. Minxx turned me onto this guy like a year ago and she was into this way before that and everything I do she does as well..we both take harmals every single day. We plan on getting into darkrooming as well at some point to further this neurochemical awakening.

In reguards to ayahuasca..both minxx and I had been drinking on our own weekly before we met, and neither of us have ever drank with a currandero. We just drink alone. Weekly ayahuasca ceremonies are a huge part of my life. If you can handle mushrooms alone, you can handle ayahuasca alone. Mushrooms are about the only thing that will prepare you for ayahuasca I think, and vice versa.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#15 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:43:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

In reguards to ayahuasca..both minxx and I had been drinking on our own weekly before we met, and neither of us have ever drank with a currandero. We just drink alone. Weekly ayahuasca ceremonies are a huge part of my life. If you can handle mushrooms alone, you can handle ayahuasca alone. Mushrooms are about the only thing that will prepare you for ayahuasca I think, and vice versa.

I've taken ayahuasca alone, but shrooms alone would drive me nuts I think.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

jamie
#16 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:51:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been there Global...mushrooms tend to be underrated at times by those who have listened to all these ayahuasca legends for years while mushrooms are so easily available. I love ayahuasca to death but it does tend to be thought of as like way more powerful than mushrooms when that really is not the truth. Mushrooms for me are just like DMT without harmalas. Of course when you add harmalas to the experience like in ayahuasca where harmalas are the base you get something different..but I fiond that unless you take a giant dose of harmalas alone it is usually the DMT part that gets frightening and hard to deal with..and mushrooms can be just as heavy and frightening. I have had some seriousily insane mushroom trips where I broke through for longer than I can imagine and comming back from that is one serious journey.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#17 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:11:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On my last shrooms experienced I noticed that it was visually much like an ayahuasca experience. On shrooms I tend to get these sort of dirtier funkier feelings and there tends to be more confusion. With a high dose of ayahuasca even after smoking quite the helping of DMT at the peak, where I can safely say I've had the most intense experiences of my life, my mind still feels in tact, or at the very least not threatened whereas I find my sanity constantly at question on shrooms. I don't know why this is.

Enoon
#18 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

back when I was only working one job I tripped once or twice a week. Now with two jobs I don't really have enough time to do it that often. There are phases. I had 7 years in which I tripped like 3 times. Prior to that I was doing it almost weekly. Then recently I was doing it weekly again. And now I'm back to something like, when time and energy allow it, which isn't as often as I would like. Even DMT vaping takes some preparation time for me, and I just feel much too rushed to do it most days.

Why? to develop, to overcome, to evolve, to heal, to explore, to participate in reality more fully, to gain new perspectives, communicate with other realities, to learn things about my self and my consciousness and consciousness in general, to liberate myself of hang-ups, to love...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ragabr
#19 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal got me into microdosing harmalas everyday, for several months now. I take a break for a few days every couple of weeks, just to ensure there's no habituation or anything, and there never is. Almost don't notice not having the harmalas, until I take them again and feel great.

SWIM tries to have a longer acting journey at least three weeks out of every four. It's like there's this larger project she's working on, and every session starts out with getting a grasp on where all the pieces are at. The longer between sessions, the longer this period of orienteering takes.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Aetherius Rimor
#20 Posted : 9/7/2011 3:53:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

2 to 4 grams every 3 to 4 days of Penis Envy Cubensis. I feel connected to the universe, myself, and others. If in a proper setting, I up it to 6 grams, if not in a proper setting, down it to 1 gram. It's only ever functioned as an etheogen to me, and is always very predictable. I personally consider it my personal version of "going to church".

LSD experimentally when I actually have it available, but it's purely psychomimetic to me, so only recreationally. It makes me feel demented and crazy, and it's unpredictable.

DMT every once in awhile, haven't for a month though. Nothing can compare to it...

123NEXT