We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fruitless extracts... Options

serotonin
#1 Posted : 9/6/2011 2:14:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I'm on my second try with the same bark I acquired from KT... and I'm getting nothing. So far, after trying to extract 250g of MHRB, I've gotten roughly 200mg of dirty orange DMT. I've been washing with sodium carbonate now, but I just can't seem to get any results.
I did an STB tek...
Anyone have any advice/had similar problems? I feel like it must be the quality of the bark. Confused

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 9/6/2011 2:43:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

serotonin wrote:
So I'm on my second try with the same bark I acquired from KT... and I'm getting nothing. So far, after trying to extract 250g of MHRB, I've gotten roughly 200mg of dirty orange DMT. I've been washing with sodium carbonate now, but I just can't seem to get any results.
I did an STB tek...
Anyone have any advice/had similar problems? I feel like it must be the quality of the bark. Confused

What NP?

What base?

What color is the solution getting?

Freeze or evaporate?

How long did it sit before pulling NP?

serotonin
#3 Posted : 9/6/2011 2:49:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AlbertKLloyd wrote:

What NP?

What base?

What color is the solution getting?

Freeze or evaporate?

How long did it sit before pulling NP?

I used VM&P Naphtha, Lye for the base, the first pull the solution was dark orange (after I got an emulsion), but I cleaned those pulls with sodium carbonate.
The second, smaller pull is a off-yellow to clear solution, and I'm cleaning those as well.
I'm evaporating as I don't have a usable freezer.
And I let the NP sit for at least 2 hours, longer for this third and last pull that is still soaking.

AlbertKLloyd
#4 Posted : 9/6/2011 4:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, how dark was the MHRB lye solution?
purple black?

I would expect you to get at least 1 gram from 250g rootbark

serotonin
#5 Posted : 9/6/2011 5:37:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AlbertKLloyd wrote:
ok, how dark was the MHRB lye solution?
purple black?

I would expect you to get at least 1 gram from 250g rootbark

Yeah, as in impossible to see through black. Every step goes and look like it should, but the final product never ends with dmt -- just sludgey oils.

MelCat
#6 Posted : 9/6/2011 6:32:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Which tek are you working with?

What ratios?

What exactly have you done so far?

You say you got emulsions... If you add more lye, those should clear up.

You didn't throw anything away did you?

When you added the naptha, how many times did you mix it before pulling it out? You want to mix it at least 4-5 times each pull. Mix it well for 4-5 min vigorously and let it settle. Like I said, if emulsions form, add more lye and a bit of salt.

To help you further we really need some more info.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

serotonin
#7 Posted : 9/6/2011 6:58:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Which tek are you working with?

What ratios?

What exactly have you done so far?

You say you got emulsions... If you add more lye, those should clear up.

You didn't throw anything away did you?

When you added the naptha, how many times did you mix it before pulling it out? You want to mix it at least 4-5 times each pull. Mix it well for 4-5 min vigorously and let it settle. Like I said, if emulsions form, add more lye and a bit of salt.

To help you further we really need some more info.

1:1:6 MHRB:Lye: dH20
The bark isn't powdered, it's shredded, so I figured I needed less water. I was following the lazyman stb tek, though this ratio I found on a different forum.
The emulsions are gone now, I cleared them up with lye like you said.
And I mixed the naphtha at least 4-5 times if not more. Like I said, I did everything by the book with little to no DMT yield.

I've come to the conclusion that the bark is bunk or the fact that it's not powdered is the problem.

MelCat
#8 Posted : 9/6/2011 7:09:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I'd try to chip the bark up some more and try an A/B on it.

As for salvaging what you have, I'm not familiar with the lazyman tek but I'd seal it up and leave it for a few days/weeks and let the lye work it's magic. It's got a lot to work through with it being shredded bark so it might just take some time.

Adding some more water might not be a bad idea either. You might have to add a little more lye though.

I definitely wouldn't throw it away though. There might be some gold in there ya just can't get to quite yet.

Good luck with it and Welcome to the Nexus.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

serotonin
#9 Posted : 9/6/2011 7:21:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Yeah, I'd try to chip the bark up some more and try an A/B on it.

As for salvaging what you have, I'm not familiar with the lazyman tek but I'd seal it up and leave it for a few days/weeks and let the lye work it's magic. It's got a lot to work through with it being shredded bark so it might just take some time.

Adding some more water might not be a bad idea either. You might have to add a little more lye though.

I definitely wouldn't throw it away though. There might be some gold in there ya just can't get to quite yet.

Good luck with it and Welcome to the Nexus.

Yeah, I'm just going to let what I have just sit for a week before I try another pull. The jar I'm using for the first 200g is so full I can't really add any more water to it.
My buddy is going to grind it up and try a pull himself, to see whether the bark is bunk or if it just had to be powdered.
Thanks for the help, and for the welcome.

tele
#10 Posted : 9/6/2011 12:17:29 PM
Explorer

TO ANY STB PEOPLE OUT THERE:

Read q21q21's super easy white dmt tek and stop wasting your bark with STB, you will get beautiful white that will blast your mind off with equal effort, if not much less!!

Global
#11 Posted : 9/6/2011 4:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:

Read q21q21's super easy white dmt tek and stop wasting your bark with STB, you will get beautiful white that will blast your mind off with equal effort, if not much less!!

I completely agree. It's safer, easier and the dirtiest it's looked is off-white, but I usually get pure white sparkling crystals with no sodium carb wash or recrystallization or anything. In any case, would you mind posting pictures of your dirty orange DMT? You're disappointed in the color, but I remember the first DMT I smoked was orange (I didn't extract it myself at the time), but I had two amazing experiences of an aesthetic that I've never been able to re-attain. Just curious to see what yours looks like.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

AlbertKLloyd
#12 Posted : 9/6/2011 4:24:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

I couldn't find a tek by that name, do you mean this one:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m.../Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek

stb works very well for me, but i use water to extract the bark first and then don't have to add much lye because there is no need to break down organic matter, i get yields in the 1% range

q21q21
#13 Posted : 9/6/2011 4:30:48 PM

SWIM

Oh tele and Global. Visiting this random thread after just waking up and finding those posts just warms my heart.

But it IS darn easy.
Also, funny thing to note:

That picture ( it's beginning of tek 2) is DMT from my FIRST TIME doing the A/B lime tek (STB lime stuff was yellow mostly with some brown)
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Global
#14 Posted : 9/6/2011 5:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

q21q21 wrote:
Oh tele and Global. Visiting this random thread after just waking up and finding those posts just warms my heart.

Anything to spread the limey word of the Q Wink Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb