We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
10-methoxy-harmalan Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 9/6/2011 3:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Does anyone have any information about this harmala alkaloid? It is naturally occuring in the human brain as a metabolite of melatonin. I know that Claudio Naranjo demonstrated it's psychoactive effects and was the first person to experiment with it in psychotherapy sessions..but I cant really find any reports or any other information about it..Is there any plant sources?

Does Naranjo write about it in any of his books? I want to read all of his books anyway but if I can find one where he has experience logs dedicated to this compound it would be great.
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

universecannon
#2 Posted : 9/6/2011 3:24:53 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've wondered about this chem too but never really looked into it much

i found this on Erowid though:

"Although some of the compounds of this group occur in plants used as hallucinogens for millenia by the aborigines of South America and elsewhere, very little scientific work has been done on them. The Homa of Asia Minor appears to be syrian rue (Peganum harmala) from which harmaline was first isolated. Harmaline (1-methyl-7-methoxy-3,4-dihydro-beta-carboline) is about three times less potent than the 6-methoxy isomer, and very probably the 5-methoxy isomer will be even more active. The 6-methoxy isomer is also called 10-methoxy-harmalan. Activity appears to be greater when the methoxy group is replaced by a longer chain alkoxy group. If a double bond is also placed in the 3-4 position of harmaline, one obtains harmine. These compounds are active at about 200 mg orally. Most of these compounds are probably legal."

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jamie
#3 Posted : 9/6/2011 3:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

cool..thanks universe..

Also another interesting one seems to be 10-methoxy-harmaline..which is also naturally occuring in the human brain. Im surprised you dont see vendors selling these substances to be honest..though I am glad in a way because they seem to fly under the radar..
Long live the unwoke.