We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How good are the fields you pick wild cubensis from? Options

SpiritualAwakening
#1 Posted : 8/26/2011 12:59:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Was just curious as to how good of fields people have came across. I go picking at one of my son's ranch and we find cubensis (treasure coast strain to be exact) growing in flushes of 10-15 mushrooms! Laughing We live in Florida, so we may be on the higher scale of finding wild cubensis.

I just wanted to know how the rest of the country or the world for that matter stacked up in wild cubensis findings.

We found 590g of fresh mushrooms today just walking the fence line and looking under trees, this is what brought up my interest in how good other areas of the world do with shroom hunting.

If you aren't finding cubensis, which other psychdelic mushrooms are you finding? In what amounts? I find mostly cubensis but when I do come across a nice flush of panaelous cyanescens I turn into an 5 year old boy on christmas lol.

Thanks for contributing,

SA

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Swarupa
#2 Posted : 8/26/2011 10:32:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to find anything Sad

I search everyday in a field full of cow crap, and nothing... this somewhat dissapoints me as the best trip i ever had was on liberty caps that were picked in the wild.

MelCat
#3 Posted : 8/26/2011 10:37:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand it's best to go on the days where the humidity is pretty high (80% or more) and the temp is 78º+F in the early morning. You want to get them early in the AM before the high noon heat sets in.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Swarupa
#4 Posted : 8/26/2011 10:43:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i'm going to go hunting again today, i don't think it's late enough in the year yet, autumn is only just kicking in...

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 8/26/2011 3:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here in the UK it is all about the liberty caps, Psilocybe semilanceata. Have a field not too far away that flushes well when the time comes. Too early now though, needs to be late September/October really before they flush, the drop in Autumnal temperatures and rain is what triggers them. Last year they were even later, friends were finding them in November, varies each year, and some years are definitely better than others.

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 8/26/2011 5:02:48 PM

JC

I found six liberty caps in scotland early july couldnt believe it, I posted pics. Some years definately are better than others but last year we found an amazing patch after a couple of bad years, we were actually getting bored with picking them, and sore backs lol

ganjaman
#7 Posted : 8/26/2011 7:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where i live we have also p.semilanceata.i know a few fields and and if you want you can pick a kilo fresh without a problem.

SpiritualAwakening
#8 Posted : 8/27/2011 3:29:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing everyone.

To the liberty cap hunters, yes you're still not quite into season for those. Unfortunately we dont even have them grow here, but we have other yum yums to be had.

Some hunting tips. Go earlier morning before the sun and heat beats down on them. Try to check out as many fields as you can. If you drive by them a lot be sure to note where the cows are hanging out. You're gonna find the most shrooms under trees, reason for this is because the tree tops actually help hold the humidity in and keep the humidity high. Tall grass is also good.

Be safe and don't get caught trespassing if it is not your land. Cool

Buster
#9 Posted : 8/31/2011 10:44:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
To the liberty cap hunters, yes you're still not quite into season for those.

I beg to differ my friend, i've picked 300 of the little beauties in the last 2 daysVery happy .
In total i think i searched for 3 and a half hours if that.

looks like the season has kicked off although i think we could be doing with some rain
a good few i left because they were pretty dry and shriveled looking.

peace
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.