We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Am I Just Paranoid? Help regarding buying items online or in Person Options

mhdmt
#1 Posted : 8/26/2011 5:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never done extractions of any kind and I have just been studying different teks online and on this site. I have made the list of things I will need to do the extraction and I was just wondering if I were to buy the mimosa online, if I would be tracked or watched? Like do you ever wonder that? Also if you buy some of the stuff at a store like the lye, naptha etc, if you have ever been questioned about your intentions with why you are buying it? Am I just being paranoid about the online buying of mimosa? And I would like to know if anyone has ever been questioned in person when purchasing some of the things in a store. One last things, what is the best trusted place to buy mimosa for a decent price?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 8/26/2011 2:44:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most everyone here has to purchase their MHRB online, it's the nature of the beast.

Some people prefer to buy their lye in person using cash, while others are fine purchasing it online. No reason not to purchase the naphtha in person, using cash. SWIM has never had anyone even bat an eye.

Look in the suppliers section regarding, well, suppliers.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gammagore
#3 Posted : 8/26/2011 11:12:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They( whoever they are) have bigger fish to fry than some dudes buying some small amounts of bark/naptha/lye, hopefullySmile

I've only time I've been questioned is when I asked my local diy store for xylene. Their is that thread about some dude up in Scotland who got the cops called on him when trying to buy acetone at a chemist/pharmacy.

Always have some sort of good excuse as to why you are buying these goods.

I think in the US they ask a few more questions when ppl buy lye due to the meth production. So try and stick to small purchases at first.

Other than that you have not very much to be concerned about, unless you are doing nothing you shouldn't be doing.

Check the suppliers section for bark.
Happy extractionSmile

Simon Jester
#4 Posted : 8/27/2011 10:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you don't want to buy mimosa online, work google and try to find a supplier in your area. There are mailorder companies based *everywhere* that will likely allow an in-store pickup. That's how I buy mine.
--

If you're uneasy about the lye, you may want to look into lime-based teks. Lime is a common soil additive, pickling base, etc etc... It's not generally associated with anything drug related, and you can find it at grocery stores.

I walked into a local hardware store some days ago and bought two gallons of Naptha, a quart of Xylene, three packs of steel wool and some rags ($10 extra). They obviously assumed I was stripping paint, took my money and wished me a great day... You can find these chems in hardware stores because they have legitimate, practical uses. (Naptha is now banned in CA, so I'm stocking up)

Don't give them any reason to be suspicious, and they won't be. These people want your money after all.

mhdmt
#5 Posted : 8/28/2011 4:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks you guys for the info! I figure since I'm such a noob at this I would ask just to make sure. I guess I could alsways use the excuse that I am going to make soap if ever asked what I need lye for. Would it be rude to tell someone it's none of their business?lol. <---rhetorical question of course.

Simon Jester
#6 Posted : 8/28/2011 8:15:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If they ask, just explain slowly and clearly, and in graphic detail how you backed up your toilet after eating last week's Chipotle leftovers, and how you to disintegrate that greasebomb. They'll lose interest real quick.

christian
#7 Posted : 8/28/2011 9:32:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mhdmt wrote:
I have never done extractions of any kind and I have just been studying different teks online and on this site. I have made the list of things I will need to do the extraction and I was just wondering if I were to buy the mimosa online, if I would be tracked or watched? Like do you ever wonder that? Also if you buy some of the stuff at a store like the lye, naptha etc, if you have ever been questioned about your intentions with why you are buying it? Am I just being paranoid about the online buying of mimosa? And I would like to know if anyone has ever been questioned in person when purchasing some of the things in a store. One last things, what is the best trusted place to buy mimosa for a decent price?

-It depends where you live, and if it's legal.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

tele
#8 Posted : 8/28/2011 11:32:49 AM
Explorer

Simon Jester wrote:
If you don't want to buy mimosa online, work google and try to find a supplier in your area. There are mailorder companies based *everywhere* that will likely allow an in-store pickup. That's how I buy mine.
--

If you're uneasy about the lye, you may want to look into lime-based teks. Lime is a common soil additive, pickling base, etc etc... It's not generally associated with anything drug related, and you can find it at grocery stores.

I walked into a local hardware store some days ago and bought two gallons of Naptha, a quart of Xylene, three packs of steel wool and some rags ($10 extra). They obviously assumed I was stripping paint, took my money and wished me a great day... You can find these chems in hardware stores because they have legitimate, practical uses. (Naptha is now banned in CA, so I'm stocking up)

Don't give them any reason to be suspicious, and they won't be. These people want your money after all.

Yeah I would recommend q21q21's tek because it doesn't use lye, it yields well with pre-powdered bark. It might absorb 1/5-1/3 of your naphtha but that's not a biggie IMO. And of course, because it's way simple.