We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
get remaining naptha out of my crystals? Options

Egokiller
#21 Posted : 8/26/2011 6:25:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Egokiller wrote:
SWIM evaps in the fridge

As Endlessness said, I hope that this fridge is just for extractions. As that stuff evaps it will soak into any food that is in the fridge. Please be safe.

No food in the fridge except ketchup & mustard. And a few freeze pops in the freezer, other than that, I eat off the 99 cent menu. I know the vmp evaporates so I put news paper over the bowl and to say that, I can tell by the news paper on how much evaporates in to it.(yuk) alot. Thanks for your concern on my safety though.Wink

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Psyren
#22 Posted : 8/28/2011 1:37:55 AM

d(^_^)b

endlessness wrote:
Yes and no. You're right that the naphtha hydrocarbons are volatile and should evaporate cleanly on their own, so letting it stand (or breaking it up and moving it once in a while) will dry it up well.. BUT... This doesnt take in account that as crystals are formed, they can trap solvent inside their crystal lattices, so to redissolve in ethanol/acetone and re-evap will remove those small naphtha traces.

The OP should make sure that his naphtha evaporates cleanly in the first place, in any case...

What about traces of acetone left in the crystals? Its seems like it could be an endless cycle.
Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth.

PREV12