We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharma Redosing Strategy Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 8/26/2011 6:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have yet to have a heavy experience with pharma and want to in the future. In the past I have been happy not to redose spice and just enjoy a mellow, easy going journey.

I would like to get all the way out there, I have more of an idea of the dose I need after a few attempts, but I would also like to introduce someone else to it.

I have no issue with heavy experiences and know I can get through them in the end. However if I introduce someone else to it I would like them to get a fairly immersive experience for their first time, but I also think that starting them anywhere near what I believe my ideal dose is would be foolhardy, as would be blowing them deep into another reality. I would like to start them low, but also I don’t want them to leave the experience wondering what all the fuss was about.

So this gets me onto redosing strategy – if someone for instance takes 200mg of harmine or harmaline (I think easily enough to fully inhibit most people) and 50mg spice but sees little or no effect, how much should they redose? Would giving another 50mg after an hour be like giving them 100mg all at once, or would they for instance just need to redose with 75 or 100mg?
D × V × F > R

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 8/26/2011 8:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first thought on this is instead of trying Pharma for someone's first time with spice, why not just give them the MAOI's and let them vape some spice? This way if they don't like it, they aren't locked into an experience they don't enjoy.

Also, same lines of thought apply to re-dosing. Instead of re-dosing, if the amount consumed orally isn't enough, then vape a little spice or some changa to find the sweet spot.

My last suggestion is if you do go the Pharma route, start small and work up. If you give them 35mg of spice and 200mg of harmalas, then wait 1.5 hours and if it's not enough, take 50-100mg harmalas and another 35mg.

Patience is key with these things. No need to rush into it, especially where someone else is concerned.

I'd hate to be responsible for someone's freakout.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 8/26/2011 1:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually tried working with oral harmaline and vaped spice last night and was very surprised how close it was to a pharma experience it was, just in a reduced time frame.

I dosed 250mg harmaline at T:00.00, then 2 small hits from 30mg loaded into the GVG at T:01.00, a large hit at T:01.10 and then finished IT off at T:01.40. This gave an hour long journey that took me further than my pharma journeys so far. Definitely something I’m keen to work with more. It was nice to have the slower entry and it was far easier to take the experience in as opposed to straight freebase which is often too rapid and busy to take it all in and come out with much memory of the event.

I may well actually start off with a smaller dose and work with vaped spice if needed or even go for oral harmalas and small hits of vaped spice instead to give a feel for the experience. My friend has already had a heavy experience in a changa session without issues, but I do have worries about the commitment aspect of a 4–6hr journey, especially if it all gets heavy.
D × V × F > R

gibran2
#4 Posted : 8/26/2011 2:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Another option is sublingual harmalas (15-25mg) followed 30 minutes to an hour later with a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT. I’ve tried this, and it reminds me very much of a pharma experience. Although the peak isn’t extended very much, the come-down period is extended quite a bit – the whole experience gradually tapers off over the course of 45 minutes to an hour.

I think of this method of dosing as a “mini-pharma” experience.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Global
#5 Posted : 8/26/2011 3:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

d*l*b wrote:
I actually tried working with oral harmaline and vaped spice last night and was very surprised how close it was to a pharma experience it was, just in a reduced time frame.

Yeah, I was surprised as well to discover that when I vaped spice on MAOIs without actually ingesting any spice, that it was pretty much identical to a pharma trip except only an hour long instead of like 4-6. The other day I just took 4g syrian rue in capsules, vaped spice twice and had a pretty good time. It's a very efficient and effective sort of way of dosing because it's much easier to judge how many hits to take, and after an hour, if you've had too much, you can just stay away from the pipe and enjoy the harmala glow, or if you'd like more, take another hit or two, and you're back up in orbit for another hour. Vaping on an MAOI is for me the easiest way to really push the limits of the experience, and you still have a decent time frame to revel in the rapture.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

d*l*b
#6 Posted : 8/26/2011 7:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Another option is sublingual harmalas (15-25mg) followed 30 minutes to an hour later with a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT. I’ve tried this, and it reminds me very much of a pharma experience.

I have yet to work with sublingual anything (except migraine tablets – I use Rizatriptan, the speed of effect is quite incredible) and the idea certainly has quite a pull for me if such a low dose is effective. Whilst I would happily deal with the utterly vile taste of harmalas for an extended period, unfortunately I don’t know if I could say the same for my friend, think that one may have to be saved for a lone journey for me!
D × V × F > R