We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
T. bridgesii preparation Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:43:28 PM

gufyg

My pet dingo has come into the possession of three foot-long achuma cuttings. Two will be planted, and the third will be consumed.

After having looked far and wide, my dingo is a bit frustrated at the lack of general use information on the internet, other than a few erowid reports (which he doesn't like to go by) and some chemical information and general plant information. The question is- how is this particular cacti prepared? Would an extraction be more favorable, or is it not worth it/too difficult for an unexperienced person?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dg
#2 Posted : 12/15/2010 11:44:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
My pet dingo has come into the possession of three foot-long achuma cuttings. Two will be planted, and the third will be consumed.

After having looked far and wide, my dingo is a bit frustrated at the lack of general use information on the internet, other than a few erowid reports (which he doesn't like to go by) and some chemical information and general plant information. The question is- how is this particular cacti prepared? Would an extraction be more favorable, or is it not worth it/too difficult for an unexperienced person?

your pets shouldn't eat cacti,

but if a consenting adult wanted to consume such a small amount of cacti they should probably just make a tea(extraction for such a tiny yield doesn't seem worth it to me.)

basically
remove spines/dicard
remove white inner core/discard
make tea with green inner flesh/
strain cacti pulp from liquid/discard pulp once it is no longer bitter
reduce liquid volume via evap
drink liquid

lots of threads about this in the cacti section.... search around a bit maybe?

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 12/16/2010 3:29:15 AM

gufyg

Quote:
your pets shouldn't eat cacti

As if I could stop him! Smile

Anyway, I found a suitable preparation that requires freezing the despined/skinned ribs overnight. 'tis in the freezer as we speak!

However, you state that this is apparently a "tiny amount of cactus"- does this mean that it would be a weak dose in a single person? If the final product were split between two people, would it still be effective?

I guess I'll go read in the cactus forum!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 12/16/2010 10:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3 foot will be strong i think Smile
Tz'is aná

Magicman
#5 Posted : 12/16/2010 12:33:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why do you remove the white innards? id rather keep it, just to that little extra that may be in there
Unless im misguided and there is literally none

dg
#6 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:23:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Magicman wrote:
Why do you remove the white innards? id rather keep it, just to that little extra that may be in there
Unless im misguided and there is literally none

the core contains such small amounts of alkaloids(very tiny traces), but would add significantly to the bulk of the tea, so its really not worth it.(if you enjoy the taste of cacti, and have a stomach of iron, go for it..)

dg
#7 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:26:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
Quote:
your pets shouldn't eat cacti

As if I could stop him! Smile

Anyway, I found a suitable preparation that requires freezing the despined/skinned ribs overnight. 'tis in the freezer as we speak!

However, you state that this is apparently a "tiny amount of cactus"- does this mean that it would be a weak dose in a single person? If the final product were split between two people, would it still be effective?

I guess I'll go read in the cactus forum!

no, should be great for 1-2 people. if its really strong cacti you might get 3-4 doses

the reason i said that was it is a small amount for all the effort of an extraction.

its the perfect amount for tea though Smile

ps, bravo on saving one to grow- if you need advice on propagation please let me know

AluminumFoilRobots
#8 Posted : 12/17/2010 1:16:35 AM

gufyg

The preparation he is making is half completed, finishing dethawing and removing the core in a half hour or so.
Probably tripping tonight, which is especially exciting since mescaline is one of the last compounds on my furry friend's "must try" list!

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

bransondude
#9 Posted : 12/17/2010 2:10:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That actually is pretty exciting. Alfrendo tells stories of his first san pedro experience, beauty. Alfrendo says for a whole-tea one can also perform an egg white cleanup step. Otherwise, the cactus tea will be very snot-like and tastes to Alfrendo as a mixture of cat urine and stomach bile. Make sure if one does the egg white step to make sure ALL of the egg particulates and gets cleaned out via filtration. That extra egg is about as bad as the original sludge

AluminumFoilRobots
#10 Posted : 12/17/2010 2:32:13 AM

gufyg

could you explain this egg white cleanup?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

bransondude
#11 Posted : 12/17/2010 2:48:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After one has done an acidic extraction and cleaned with a cotton filter (tshirt), the liquid is reduced to about 500ml (it should still be watery/runny). In a cooking pot, this is combined with an egg white and whisked for 30 seconds on medium-high heat. Leave on heat until complete seperation occurs, 3-5 minutes. One will observe a sort of goo float and form a "raft" in the cooking pot, with floaty particles in the nearly clear liquid beneath. Filter thoroughly, Alfrendo usually does the filtering once through a shirt, then once through coffee paper filters. The resulting liquid is far less icky and easier to consume for Alfrendo.

AluminumFoilRobots
#12 Posted : 12/17/2010 11:23:23 PM

gufyg

Achuma, columnar deity!
A thousand fancies pour through your doors,
and falsehood melts into the surroundings.

Achuma, with fat, neurotrasmitter-rich chlorophyllic flesh!
Producing the toxin of paradise.

And beyond, there are finer structures, they are like unto lace and diamond.
Weaving in through the open window,
like waving frost racing across my cornea.

but this is not the strangest we can show you!

And then, there are starburst-pinwheels, there are diamond lines along the air!
Om will be illuminated, if that illumination you can uncover!
There is the electrical plasmoid brush which clears and cleans the soul-
but there is knowledge too, the knowledge of cacti!

yesyesyesyesyesyes, all things come to pass in the world of the cactus-
You sit a while. you grow a while. then something eats you, and you get to talk.

It is a dancing, fiery spirit!
A prankster,
a jolly cactus-joker!

But it is also very old,
among the wisest.
Much can be learned from the Tricocerus,
which grows near La Paz.

For this god is one of the oldest-
old-timey earth magic!
How long you must grow from the hard soil,
to your great heights.

Mountain pass man,
cactus man!

Achuma, you speak with such arresting strength!
You twist and rearrange my settings,
Now, with rationality long gone,
I am as the elementals are,
with emotion leading creation!

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes, all things go in the world of the cactus.

Achuma, wachuma!
Once he has arrested you will his wordless intensity-
you will be subject for a night and a day.

In the full-moon-light,
you will bloom a glimmering full-moon flower!
And in the hot-noon-sun,
you will recede and find inside your great phallus body-
which is that called nirvana.

To be like the cacti,
this is the goal of man.

To be like the cacti,
self sufficient, needing only little water,
and sun.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Vector
#13 Posted : 12/19/2010 5:29:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hehe, great words!!

i take it your dingo was successful in making cacti tea? would you feel like linking us to the tek he used?

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 12/22/2010 7:53:21 PM

gufyg

I can't find the link, but I'll explain it.

The cactus was despined, cut into ~3 inch pieces, and the waxy skin removed. each rib was sliced off, and the inner core removed. The sliced ribs were then wrapped in aluminum foil, bagged, and frozen overnight. The next day, the frozen pieces were thawed, and once mostly thawed they were diced up. Then the flesh was mixed with water and the juice of a lemon fresh off of my tree, and allowed to sit for 20 or so minutes. Then the mixture was liquefied in a blender, and mixed with yogurt, berries, almond milk, and a peruvian mixture of maca root extract and bee pollen. This didn't make it taste good, but really reduced the bile/snot feeling of the cactus slime!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Choothos
#15 Posted : 12/23/2010 5:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The first time I tried cactus I used 2 feet of pachanoi, and the tea was unsuccessful.

So I ordered some bridgesii, and here's what I did... (as closely as I can recall)

1. Cut cacti into cucumber slices and placed in food dehydrator until completely dry.
2. Powdered cacti in blender
3. Placed into pressure cooker along with vinegar and water. Unsure of amounts, but enough to make a pourable soup.
4. Pressure cooked for ~1 hour 30 min.
5 Strained out plant material
6. Reduce to less than 2 cups... Could have gone farther probably, but I was tired of waiting.
7. Enjoy... After the 2 hours of waiting coupled with stomach discomfort.

This is basically a tek I found elsewhere, or maybe a combination of tek's, except I used a pressure cooker. The result was amazing, simply put.

If you use a pressure cooker though, be careful not to use too much water, else it might try to come out the exhaust hole!

Zzzarathustra
#16 Posted : 8/25/2011 7:56:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in for later, since two cacti are coming my way

BananaForeskin
#17 Posted : 8/25/2011 6:20:56 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

This thread makes me extremely happy. The poetry. The euphemisms. The cactal madness. Keep up the good work, guys.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ