We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
problem converting DMT fumarate to freebase Options

Mystic Cannibal
#1 Posted : 11/8/2010 10:53:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So swim ran out of freebase and wanted to convert some of his fumarate, he had never done this before so he decided to test out the tek with 100mg.

He disolved the sodium carbonate and DMT and then mixed them, it went cloudy so he stuck it in the fridge and now three days later he goes to check on it.

Looking at it it didnt seem to crystalize well except for a ring around the edge which he guessed was were the sodium carbanate had dried when he had been moving it before and it had splashed up there above the water line.

There were some crystals floating but were very small. As he put the bowl down to close the fridge within seconds all the water turned into a gelly slush, the sodium carbonate pretty well instantly crystalized, it was cool looking but now he doesnt know how to get the DMT out!

Any thoughts? Should swim put more water in there to dissolve the sodium carbonate? Will the DMT crystals remain?

I think swim put way more water solution in there then needed for 100mg as well, could this effect the size of the crystals? Not sure what went wrong.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/8/2010 11:37:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so you had put it in the fridge, not freezer, yes?

can you take a picture?

dont throw anything away, the actives can always be saved.

When you leave it in room temperature for a few hours, how does it look? roughly how much water total are you talking about? Did you make a sodium carb saturated solution and then mix that with the dmt fumarate-dissolved water, or did you add straight sodium carbonate to the solution with dmt?

Mystic Cannibal
#3 Posted : 11/9/2010 12:03:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ya swim dissolved the carbonate in water and the dmt fumarate in water then mixed the two solutions.
SWIM took it out of the fridge maybe an hour ago and its already liquified again. It is a cold fridge put on its highest setting, but it was liquid until swim brought it out of the fridge and set it down. Kinda weird that it would crstalize outside the fridge like that, maybe the temp shouldnt be so cold.

It looks good now though, there are some bigger crystals, swim thinks its all pretty well liquid except for the DMT, the only problem is most of the crystals are tiny and floating in the liquid. swim wonders how he will separate it from the liquid since its so small and such a little amount that it will be hard to scrape it off a coffee filter without scraping off the paper. With most of swims DMT precips the crystals never seem to stick to the container walls, its always floating in the solution. They are small too, probably since swim is too eager and curious and checking on it and moving the container, keeping big crystals from forming.. damn.. any advice?

Thanks

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/9/2010 12:17:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

are they small but you think they will at least stay on top of the coffee filter? because if so, then if you cant scrape it, just soak the filter in pure acetone/IPA/ethanol, which should dissolve the dmt, and let it evap.

dont throw the water away before you have the final yield. Maybe stick the water in the freezer and let it thaw afterwards, see if some more dmt precipitates.

As for growing crystals for next time, maybe adding the sodium carb solution slower and moving more slowly from room temp to fridge could help. But right now you can make this work Smile

TRyptamine
#5 Posted : 11/28/2010 4:08:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim is also trying to convert fumarate to freebase first time
and reached these pictures after 2-3 hours
he wants to ask if everything is going right ?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 11/28/2010 4:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

would you explain exactly (with quantities) what you did so far?

It looks like the pictures Ice House posted in his 10 minutes conversion tek where the dmt freebase forms a golden solid instead of crystal precipitation.. Im wondering what exactly you did so I can give better feedback

TRyptamine
#7 Posted : 11/28/2010 5:04:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
would you explain exactly (with quantities) what you did so far?

It looks like the pictures Ice House posted in his 10 minutes conversion tek where the dmt freebase forms a golden solid instead of crystal precipitation.. Im wondering what exactly you did so I can give better feedback

warm water and dmt fumarate mixed
enough carbonate mixed with water
then put some carbonate water mix to the warm water fumarate mixed

like the blab tech writes
but maybe i put the carbonate solution alot
and then it become like that
not sure

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/28/2010 10:51:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

was the dmt fumarate completely dissolved before adding the sodium carb water? any idea on amounts used (of dmt fumarate, of water, etc)

Did you mix the sodium carb water or did you just pour it in and let it stand in the fridge?

Its better to slowly pour the sodium carb water and let it stay in the fridge without mixing, because the slower precipitation makes the precipitate agregate in bigger/cleaner crystals while too fast mix (and too fast change to cold temperatures) seems to clump it up in more goeey form. Check the WIKI for the 'fumarates to freebase conversion tek', there is one method that Ice House developed which makes it all precipitate in 10 minutes and it looks like your precipitation, this golden red stuff. I guess now you can just leave it in the freezer for a couple of days, collect all that precipitated and wash with a dilute sodium carb solution (which should clean up excess sodium carb that for some reason might have precipitated). Next time if you want like the BLAB conversion, add it slowly and dont mix, making gradual transition of temperature for it to precipitate slowly

Remember not to throw anything away until you have your final product with reasonable yields.

TRyptamine
#9 Posted : 11/28/2010 11:56:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
was the dmt fumarate completely dissolved before adding the sodium carb water? any idea on amounts used (of dmt fumarate, of water, etc)

Did you mix the sodium carb water or did you just pour it in and let it stand in the fridge?

Its better to slowly pour the sodium carb water and let it stay in the fridge without mixing, because the slower precipitation makes the precipitate agregate in bigger/cleaner crystals while too fast mix (and too fast change to cold temperatures) seems to clump it up in more goeey form. Check the WIKI for the 'fumarates to freebase conversion tek', there is one method that Ice House developed which makes it all precipitate in 10 minutes and it looks like your precipitation, this golden red stuff. I guess now you can just leave it in the freezer for a couple of days, collect all that precipitated and wash with a dilute sodium carb solution (which should clean up excess sodium carb that for some reason might have precipitated). Next time if you want like the BLAB conversion, add it slowly and dont mix, making gradual transition of temperature for it to precipitate slowly

Remember not to throw anything away until you have your final product with reasonable yields.

it was completely dissolved in a few warm water
the sodium catbonate ratio was i think 3/4 of the dissolved fumarate water mix
i put it slow with an injector
it was still clouding and the color was changing so i keep adding carbonate water mix
my opinion is it happened because i added a lot carbonate water mix but i am not sure

i collect the golden red stuff and pour the mix into another container
then i put a few warm water and vaporized in a hot plate
here is the result

at the end i have 3.2 gr freebase
in the begining there was about 5 gr

i tried 30 mg and it was really powerfull

caliwa
#10 Posted : 8/22/2011 11:00:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bumped this thread because im having a similar problem, my question is whats the difference between putting the fumarates with the sodium carbonate and then mix, and adding a saturated carbonate solution dropwise to solved fumarates?
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Hyperspace Fool
#11 Posted : 8/25/2011 2:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Curious to get thoughts on a rumor I heard.

Is it possible to smoke the DMT fumarate?

A FOAF who generally knows his stuff seems to think so... only at a much higher temperature. He claims that the reason for converting to freebase is simply the lower melting point. While I know the melting point stuff to be true, my question is if the vape temp of fumarate (or any other DMT salt) is low enough that it could be done with a torch lighter.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha