We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What the hell went wrong? Very long.... Options

Synthetic_Sunshine
#1 Posted : 11/17/2008 9:01:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just finished my first smoked DMT experience....Jesus Christ! It didnt exactly go as planned but before I get into this I

feel a lil history might be needed...

So I`ve been dreaming of DMT since I found Erowid at around maybe 15. Being such a young`n and have no way to complete an

extraction I opted for a lil aya. At 16 this became a reality when I recieved a package in the mail containing an ounce of

MHRB and four ounces of Syrian Rue.

One summer night I found myself out in woods with a few of my friends watching as 15 grams of my MHRB was boiled into a fine

stew on a roaring campfire. Me, being the only one of my friends who would be partaking in the sacrament, chewed a tablespoon

or so of rue then strained and downed the MHRB.

I should probably point out I had almost no experience with psychedelics at the time...2 LSD trips and one weak Psiloc(by)in

experience but even then I longed for a breakthrough, ++++, level 5, or whatever you want call it. Now I had read just about

everything I could find on Erowid on the subject but needless to say I was in WAY over my head.

I wont get into every little detail of that night here but there is a few highlights that need telling.

At 22 years old I have very few memories of that fateful experience 6 years ago but a few moments of it were burned onto my

brain forever. The first memory I have is throwing up 5 minutes after getting the concoction down and just as I was thinking

"Damn didnt hold it down long enough" I looked up from my vomit laying on the ground to find myself in COMPLETELY different

surroundings than I had been in not a minute before.

The next memory I have is me curled up in a fetal position praying to any merciful diety that it would all just stop. At this

point I was continuously asking my friends how much time had passed (apparently I was asking like every 30 seconds or so).

One thing that to this day really sticks out was the visuals. Huge sweeping psychedelic motifs covered everything! When I

found Alex Grey and Luke Brown (fucking incredible!) later on in life, their art really brought me back to this moment (so

pissed I missed Alex at coalessence this year)

Next memory is of me literally crying and telling the Mimosa spirit (which at the time I could plainly feel, and could tell

it was PISSED at me) I was so sorry and I would never again use it in such a disrespectful manner.

I have a few other scattered thoughts and such but there is one more that I need to tell. This is the reason I bothered

wasting your time with this whole story instead of diving right into the events that transpired this night.

This memory consists of me completely ego-less. I found myself in a strange dark place. I dont remember if I had a body or

not but I could clearly make out entities near me. I believe there was only two. The reminded me of the jumping stars in the

second stage of the first Mario game on the original Nintendo. I dont remember if they communicated with me or not but I

remember having the distinct impression I had always exsisted in this place with these beings and upon looking back at all my

years on the planet they seemed like such a small amount of time (like literally a blink of an eye) and now I was back home.

It felt as though I had just left this place to become human for such a tiny fragment of my exsistance. Completely

OVERWHELMING sensation of Deja Vu.

Anyway I came out of the experience intact with a very healthy respect for this incredible chemical. As completely terrifying

as the whole ordeal was, I still never chalked it up as anything more than a "lesson learned" and knew that one day I would

return that divinely terrifying place.

Fastfoward 6 years later....

Early today I checked the jar I had placed in the freezer the night before containing the combined three naptha pulls from my

56g MHRB extraction I started perhaps 10 days ago. I was delighted to see the jar was filled with tons of lovely little

snowflakes! I promptly filtered the solution and releived the naptha of its load of 280mgs of yellowy-white DMT freebase. I

then returned the naptha to the freezer and began drying my beautiful crystals. After perhaps 8-10 hours of drying I found

that they indeed looking fine enough to be smoked (they looked fairly white and I wasnt sure washing or re-xing would be

entirely nessicery with such a small amount).

So onto the main event! If your still with me at this point, thanks for not being disheartened at the length of this!

I decided I couldnt wait to purchase an appropriate pipe so I crafted one quickly out of foil. The kind teenagers make to

smoke pot from. I made the elbow part extremely small so as not to allow any ashes I put in it to pass through to my lungs.

After cleaning my space I tried to relax my racing heart by a bit of meditation. After a half hour or so of meditation I felt

the time was right and I loaded the pipe with a bit of ciggarette ash and then, not wanting to break out my rather large

scale, eyeballed what I thought to be around 50mgs or so. Looking back this was dumb but everything I read on the subject led

me to believe that three large tokes would take me to where I was heading, therefor I felt if I put in a bit too much it

wouldnt matter I could just stop after three tokes.

I turned off all the lights save one in the corner and asked the Goddess to bless and protect me (Wiccan) before finally

holding the flame of my lighter a good distance from the material and started inhaling slowly. Because of the small elbow of

the pipe I couldnt inhale at any speed other than EXTREMELY slow.I couldnt taste or feel anything until after inhaling for

maybe 10 seconds then I finally started to feel a bit of harshness and am releived that something is entering my lungs. After

inhaling (still my first hit) for about 30 seconds I start to feel the effects coming on and FAST! I quickly decide that

perhaps maybe I shouldnt go for a full blown breakthrough before test driving a small dose first, I promptly set the pipe

down.

Now I`ve read alot on the subject of smoked DMT and I can personally confirm what EVERYONE has to say about the fact that

NOTHING can prepare you for the initial come up's speed and intensity. At this point in my life I have a pretty significant

amount of experience with hallucinogens but nothing can compare to this.

As I said I put the pipe down and thats the last coherent memory I have. This is where the effects start differing from what

others seem to experience.

No cellophane being scrunched, no carrier wave and yet I had what I believe to be a full breakthrough (off one toke?), but

the thing is I can`t remember much at all....I remember the terror oh god the terror. I knew I had done it this time. This

was how it ended for me, half naked on my bed next to a tin foil pipe with a head full of psychedelic compounds (not the

worst way to go I guessSmile). Other than that I have a few small snippets of jarbled memories from which I cant really extract

anything understandble from. The only recollection I have is me being in that same damn place from my aya experience 6 years

earlier. As I type this I can still clearly feel that over powering Deja Vu except this time there were no entities. I`m not

sure that this warrented me posting my earlier Yage journey but it seemed very significant to me.

A few minutes later I start to come down a bit and can finally recognize the room. I realized my eyes had been open and I had

been crying the whole time. As I slowly started coming back I started repeating "Oh my God!" over and over again (I remember

at the time knowing that something VERY significant had just happened) and I really started enjoying the slowed down aya like

after effects. After perhaps 2 minutes or so in this wonderland I found myself getting tremors, which is far from uncommon

for me on tryptamines, but these trmors started getting worse and worse. It got to the point where my entire body was shaking

in near seizure fashion. I was terrified I was going into to some kind of epileptic shock. This persisted for perhaps 10

minutes or so.

Now I have heard of people having seizure like experiences on 5-Meo-DMT does anyone know if this can happen on N,N? I really

must stress how serious this shaking was, I honestly believe if other folks had experienced this I would remember reading it

somewhere. I am a recovering Heroin addict and have been taking Suboxone 8mg a day for the past year...might this have had

anything to do with it? The only other medications I take is 50-75mg Diphenhydramine nightly to sleep, the last dose I had of

this was apporximately 24 hours before I smoked the DMT.

This really blows because despite my amnesia for the experience I get the feeling that something truly amazing happened out

there, something significant enough to leave me weeping through out it. One of the first reactions I had after coming out was

"I need to go back!" but the possibility of this shaking left me terrified to do so.

Now, almost 2 hours later, I feel absolutely fine and have a few questions to the more expeirenced folks out there.

The first is does anyone else experience bad tremors after smoking DMT?

Second why did I have such a huge response to one hit? Was it the fact that I was inhaling so slowly and deeply? Has anyone

else had a breakthrough experience off one hit?

Third is amnesia for the experience common? Is it more common at higher doses? Or perhaps lower doses? This was closer to

"Bonk on the head" than fully immersive psychedelic wonderland.

The last thing I`m wondering is that perhaps I was far from breakingthrough. Perhaps I dont remember the whole episode

because there wasnt that much to remember? Maybe I didnt reach hyperspace and found myself in some odd transitory space? Does

this make sense to anyone?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I really want to continue exploring this incredible substance but the fear of

that shaking really gives me pause. Thanks!

Blessed Be,

T.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 11/18/2008 12:09:26 AM

John Murdoch IV

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Nexus.

I've felt some tremors after a strong trip but nothing too bad. I guess the drugs you mentioned you are taking caused most of it. Diphenhydramine is 2-benzhydryloxy-N,N-dimethyl-ethanamine while DMT is 2-(1H-indol-3-yl)-N,N-dimethyl-ethanamine so it seems related to DMT and it very likely affects how DMT affects your brain. Well I'm not a chemist but.....just my two ¢'s

Or maybe it was just something you ate that day.

And yes lot of people manage to break through after just one good toke Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 11/18/2008 12:26:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM can easily get a one hit breakthrough...its all about how you do it...and the tremor is there a lot..but you should think about grounding the energy you just brought into yourself...imagine roots growing out of your feet and into the earth...as you feel the energy neutralize into the earth...its just the cosmic shiver...

but drug interactions can happen..perhaps the spice will help you be free of your prescriptions..you just need to use it in the right way

and there is amnesia but you can work with that..
it's a sound

*Skittlesee*
#4 Posted : 11/18/2008 1:55:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps im an ass... perhaps something went wrong with mine as well...
i got shaky too..
today was the final step for me in the realization of a 10 year dream..
I gotz zee spice!!!
now i sit here wondering what i did wrong... did the spice god turn his back on me?
I did the norman dance... but not the recrystal...(is the ammonia step necessary?)
and i decided after it was all dry.. to try some..
i smoked it like you would meth (long story)
with a tutor inside a large test tube..

is this the correct way to smoke dmt? or more like the way you smoke pot?
cuz i sit here my tongue is numb... and my mouth tastes like a just smoked a JI-Goe action figure...
i got only a mild head rush... nothing more then a whipit would have done...
and im disappointed in the whole slew of events that led me here

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 11/18/2008 2:01:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

try putting down a bed of herb...bud mint..anything...put down a nice big pile of spice...melt the spice into the herb...and then put another very thin layer of herb over top of that...it should work...just smoke it long and slow..and take massive hits..and hold them in for at least 20 seconds

edit: no need for ammonia...if you have some kind of yellowish crystal...its good enough...smoke as much as you can
it's a sound

lorax
#6 Posted : 11/18/2008 4:06:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i got those tremors you describe on mushrooms a few times. but to me it just feels like i am shaking. it feels as if my bones are shaking from the inside and there is nothing i can do about it. usually a warm blanket works fine for me. the tremors come from some kind of inner tension which one needs to let go of.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 11/18/2008 8:56:57 PM

John Murdoch IV

*Skittlesee* wrote:
perhaps im an ass... perhaps something went wrong with mine as well...
i got shaky too..
today was the final step for me in the realization of a 10 year dream..
I gotz zee spice!!!
now i sit here wondering what i did wrong... did the spice god turn his back on me?
I did the norman dance... but not the recrystal...(is the ammonia step necessary?)
and i decided after it was all dry.. to try some..
i smoked it like you would meth (long story)
with a tutor inside a large test tube..

is this the correct way to smoke dmt? or more like the way you smoke pot?
cuz i sit here my tongue is numb... and my mouth tastes like a just smoked a JI-Goe action figure...
i got only a mild head rush... nothing more then a whipit would have done...
and im disappointed in the whole slew of events that led me here

Well to me it sounds like dirty product. Maybe you should try to clean it up a little.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

DreaMTripper
#8 Posted : 11/18/2008 10:02:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The trembles described are also a symptom of serotonin syndrome.
But sometimes it can occur just due to tension as said above, i sometimes get them when i get too stoned when tired.

Darkbb
#9 Posted : 11/18/2008 10:28:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I smoke dmt I never take more than 1 or 2 big ass hits. I use a piece of tin foil with dmt on it which is held by a pair of pliers laying on the side of my desk with a rubber band around the end to hold preassure on the piece of tin foil and a match under it sucking through a pretty wide pen casing which close to the dmt and it allows for alot of smoke to go through the tube. If you put the match under the foil until the dmt melts then bring it up slowly until it starts to vaporize you can get most of it to vaporize with in like 5 seconds while inhaling very hard. It will vaporize slowly but just bring it up closer and it will actually boil and vaporize faster and faster but dont bring it up too close or it could f*k things up.

I find that being prepared, haveing a clear mind and not panicking after taking that one hit, that one hit that you know will take you above and beyond, are very important. These things could lead to a bad trip or scarry trip.

The very first time I smoked a breakthrough dose of dmt I also felt as I had went too far. I think that alot of people have this because maybe they have never been that far out before. Just wait until your ready again and do it.just as you had before

*Skittlesee*
#10 Posted : 11/18/2008 10:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i was being an ass..
i seemed to have tried the product too early...
for after i let it sit and dry out.. i made another attempt.. with a self-modified testtube..
BLISS
i took a wonderful introspective look at myself.. and realized that i am too uptight.. and need to stop being as lazy as i have been...
in the most loving way... the spice fairy.. judged me.. now.. im done procrastinating.. im off .. to find my balence...

Garulfo
#11 Posted : 11/18/2008 10:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
does anyone know if this can happen on N,N? I really must stress how serious this shaking was

Happend to my friend several times, especially after first attempts. Nothing wrong about it afterwards, just annoying because it can not be controlled (which is quite scary I agree). I guess it's a mix of the substance effects and the anxiety/body tension.

BeenHereBefore
#12 Posted : 11/20/2008 5:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never had serious tremors, a little jittery perhaps on comedown but thats about all.

I do find though that staring at the pipe and nothing else when the spice hits you, is a good way to remain calm, and to avoid the 'fear' creeping in. Once you are into the experience and feel ready you can then look around you / close your eyes etc. Just a little trick I have learnt to keep the breathing and heart rate calm.
Everything written above by the poster BeenHereBefore is simply an extract from a recent dream.

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 11/20/2008 9:54:49 PM

The Great Namah

Sounds like you might have smoked a tad too much. I am quite sensitive at higher doses and will get the shakes, mild amnesia, and other strange symptoms if I smoke too much.

Try weighing out your doses. 50-60mgs is more than enough for a solid breakthrough that you can remember.

Oh, and you really might want to invest in a pipe, bong, or glass vaporizer. Alternatively you can make "the machine" from an empty mini alcohol bottle.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

rellik
#14 Posted : 12/5/2008 5:34:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, deja vu man
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.