We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Opinions on tolerance and frequency of dosage Options

Rush
#1 Posted : 8/21/2011 9:30:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whats up guys just got a few questions. First off does anyone here smoke the spice daily spaced out by 24 hours give or take? And if you do how long did you do this for before more product was required to maintain the same intesity of the experience. Also do you find that sometimes tolerance can be mistaken for simply screwing up smoking techniqe somehow? I know most of you that frequent hyperspace probably have your tek down pretty good but were all human thats why i ask.

Also im sure this gets asked to much and i apolagize in advance but is "The Machine" really were its at? I have a small homemade bong i can use the sandwich method with, but the machine wouldn't be hard to make and i like the idea of resin hits. My biggest concern would be the ignition, do you want to keep the flame a certain distance from the steel wool so as not to burn it, also as the spice melts do you have to apply heat closer to and even on the steel wool?

Thanks in advance guys iv'e been smoking spice for about a month now and have not had a total scene transforming breakthrough yet, just been enjoying what iv'e seen described as threshold and mandala effects. But iv'e had slight tolerance issues and failed launches last few nights, just want to isolate the problem and stop wasting spice. And one more thing, do any of you get nausea and projectile vommiting? If you do or have what can you contribute it to and how do you prevent it? Thanks again

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

McCoyBoy
#2 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:09:17 PM

enthusiast

I cant help you on the tolerance question, I don't smoke daily. At one point i did smoke dmt once every 25 minutes for 3 or 4 times in a row. the tolerance did increase toward the last blast off.

the favorite smoking device on this forum seems to be the glass vapor genie (GVG)

as for the vomiting, I think that is pretty common. My first attempt ever i barfed, low doses i never throw up.
I recommend doing something to relax your nerves before lift off. I personally try to meditate for half hour prior.
as above, so below

bingobobsdong
#3 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:21:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i know somebody (and, really - this isnt me, i couldnt handle this) who smoked every day for a month.
he didn't build up a tolerance but he did go a little off-the-wall for a while there. he was in a dark place, not sure if this helped or hurt but anyhow, there you go.

Rush
#4 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:21:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thats a good call on the meditating, i usually stretch and do some light working out prior to, i also like to eat a healthy and light meal 1.5 hours prior to blast off.

Rush
#5 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:22:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bingobobsdong wrote:
i know somebody (and, really - this isnt me, i couldnt handle this) who smoked every day for a month.
he didn't build up a tolerance but he did go a little off-the-wall for a while there. he was in a dark place, not sure if this helped or hurt but anyhow, there you go.

Off the wall as in during the trip or just loopy when sober?

aetherbound
#6 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:29:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome to the Nexus... When the spice first discovered me I imbibed nearly every day for several weeks with no appreciable tolerance. I found if anything I steadily decreased tolerance. Not only that but it seemed to potentiate other substances like pot and salvia.

As far as technique goes the sandwich method is fine as long as you weigh your doses. I am often surprised at the different densities of spice and how much this varies the perceived amount, the less dense looks to be visually more and the reverse is also true. DO NOT allow the pipe to build up excessive residue as this can lead to an overdose and a nasty ride. Harmalas can help ease you into hyperspace and allow you to stay there longer.

I find it best to eat lightly before travel and while I have never thrown up any rainbows, I have felt queasy on occasion. As with all psychs I believe hydration is the key. Drink plenty of WATER , not alcohol, energy drinks or sodas.

Good luck and Much love
Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

universecannon
#7 Posted : 8/21/2011 10:53:30 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You didn't build a tolerance, if anything there is definitely a reverse tolerance that grows over time imo.. your smoking method just isn't down right yet. I'm pretty convinced that people who talk about tolerance buildup either have not perfected their smoking technique, didn't smoke as much(probably because some melted through), or just didn't have the same type of experience and believe a building 'tolerance' may be behind it. (even at the same dosage, two different trips can be world apart in every way)..this is just what i've seen with myself and others.. but even strassman patients, who got administered 4 consecutive doses of .4mg/kg every 30 minutes, didn't report any tolerance-and some reported intenser experiences.

it took me a while to get my smoking technique down pat to- this is really common and there is many threads around with information (you can also see nexus- wiki). make some changa.. you can check out our subforum here, and the teks to make it.. and get a vapor genie if you can.. or just put many screens in a bong or bowl. it shouldn't take long to get the hang of it that way Smile

remember, take massive hits right in a row. each held in as long as possible until you explode Very happy

i've also never encountered vomiting on changa or seen anyone else purge from it after watching dozens smoalk. It is mentioned rarely in experience reports on the web but its not by any means a common thing, and besides its nothing to worry about even if it does occur. a few months ago after taking aya very frequently and microdosing 5 to 30g caapi everyday i purged out the other end a few times minutes after smoking changa a few days in a row. i did NOT expect that the first time but i would always feel amazing after. purging is a thing much more common after drinking ayahuasca, and some people rarely purge with aya.. but its just cleaning out your system is all- nothing to fear or resist

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Rush
#8 Posted : 8/22/2011 12:10:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear tolerance shouldn't be an issue, i think my preferred method is going to be bong with spice sandwiched between mullein leaf as it burns very slowly and uniformly. Also the purging doesn't really bother me physically it just ends my trip before it starts which wastes lots of spice. Thanks for the excellent responses guys.

MelCat
#9 Posted : 8/22/2011 12:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The purging I believe is something you'll have to work through. It should get better as you get more experienced with it and it pushes out any blockages you might have.

I highly recommend using MAOI's too. Harmalas and spice really were made for each other. Check out the Tao of Rue extraction tek in my signature and that will get ya started.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

universecannon
#10 Posted : 8/22/2011 3:07:12 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:

I highly recommend using MAOI's too. Harmalas and spice really were made for each other.

yup to all of the above

i find i get alot more out of spice if i vape it after taking ayahuasca, or just oral harmalas or even a caapi-only brew. many of my most healing experiences have been with changa while on a high dose of caapi. and the great thing about changa is that you can add as much maoi to the batch as you want

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jamie
#11 Posted : 8/22/2011 4:36:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I smoked daily for nearly a year and there was never any tolerance built up. I have also drank really light doses of ayahuasca(with admixture) every single night for close to like 6 months now without any tolerance there either..full doses of ayahuasca weekly without any tolerance experienced.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#12 Posted : 8/22/2011 3:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've smoked DMT every day for a long period and the whole tolerance thing is still a little mysterious to me. Within the course of a day, the more you smoke, the less your lungs will wanna absorb DMT and you might even subconsciously start holding in your hits a little less than usual. There could also be issues with the GVG that might simulate tolerance. One is the buildup of DMT condensate in the neck of the GVG. DMT likes to stick to itself and the more that cools on the glass, the more vapor will want to condense onto the DMT that's already on the glass and not make it into your lungs. If you're not using your GVG properly, you may be getting soot buildup in the ceramic filter which would make it harder and harder to get the kind of hits you need. A common problem is that your butane lighter may be running out of lighter fluid, but it still may look to produce a reasonable flame except it may be getting less and less hot without you knowing it to the point that it won't yield much DMT.

Now, ruling those issues out with a clean GVG, clean ceramic filter and freshly refueled lighter, I still think there can be a sort of long-term tolerance with heavy use over the course of a week or so. Often, if I take a break I will have an incredibly intense experience. For the next few days I will continue to receive marvelous experiences as I get carried away with how great they are, and then towards the end of the week they just start getting boring and medial again. I don't think this is a chemical sort of tolerance so much as "DMT" saying maybe you've had enough for now. Of course, as completely unpredictable as DMT is, you may notice a tolerance and without stopping get hit over the head with an insane breakthrough, so who knows? Tolerance or no tolerance, DMT will continue to shatter your expectations and "rules" you place on it, so I wouldn't get too concerned about it anyway Wink
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Rush
#13 Posted : 8/22/2011 4:59:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Have you guys found any foods or drinks that one might consume daily that affect the trip negatively or positively?

tele
#14 Posted : 8/22/2011 5:15:29 PM
Explorer

Rush wrote:
Have you guys found any foods or drinks that one might consume daily that affect the trip negatively or positively?

I see that any food that's not good for you, for example junk food, will do harm to your body and therefore affecting also the "trip".

Rush
#15 Posted : 8/23/2011 5:34:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got some lemon essential oil and predosed with it and had zero negative side effects, had a very positive experience with just a small amount. My method is a vapor brothers vaporizer, i put a few layers of weed and vaped weed down and let the spice melt into it and it ends up considerably lengthening the experience up to 45 minutes it seems.

Thanks again guys, i understand now that the tolerance i was experiencing was most likely me denying myself the experience out of fear of nausea or other unpleasant body loads, the lemon oil totally negates them it seems, only negative i found is the visuals were a little less pronounced but still very beautiful. All the euphoria and sense of oneness with everything was definitely still there.

DMTripper
#16 Posted : 8/24/2011 4:41:07 AM

John Murdoch IV

How exactly are you using the lemon oil?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Rush
#17 Posted : 8/24/2011 5:49:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mix 5 drops with beverage of choice and consume 30 minutes prior to blast off, and to be extra sure i take 5 drops under the tongue right before i inhale.

tele
#18 Posted : 8/24/2011 9:54:27 AM
Explorer

The issue on tolerance could be due to your lungs not cooperating with you by absorbing less dmt, that is when inhaling large doses about 30min or less apart.

I used to feel like there is a tolerance to DMT in the brain, but I was wrong, but I recommend waiting at least 40 minutes prior to blasting off again.