We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
N,N Vs 5MeO Options

soulman
#1 Posted : 11/28/2008 12:26:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i was just reading the DMT section of The Essential guide to psychedelics.

The author disscusses the differenece between 5MeO and NN-DMT
He claims that with 5MeO the come up is much more intense and he is usually back to normal within 20mins, where as with NN-DMT, the come up is not as forcefull, but he visuals are much more spectacular and he is back to normal within 30mins.

http://www.erowid.org/li...chedelic_guide/dmt.shtml

I was wondering if anyone who may have had experience with both forms may care to comment on his comparison.

Also, how does SWIM extract 5MeO as opposed to NN-DMT or vice-versa, is it to do with the chemistry of the extraction process? If SWIM did a STB or an A/B extraction with MHRB, what kind of DMT does he have?

You have to go within or you go without

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 11/28/2008 1:07:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread topic already exists here

DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) – What’s the difference?

They are very different from each other.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

soulman
#3 Posted : 11/28/2008 7:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link and you certainly gave some interesting information there. May I ask why SWIY hates to smoke 5MeO and prefers it subligually. Is it coz he find the come up to intense when smokin it.

Also i couldnt find the answer to the question, what type you get when extracting from MHRB. Do you know if its NN-DMT or 5MeO?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/28/2008 7:34:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from MHRB is definitely NN... 5-meo is found in some snuff (epena, made from virola tree resin), sometimes also found alongside with NN in chaliponga (diplopterys cabrerana), and also in the venom of the bufo toad

these are the 3 natural sources of 5-meo I know about, but I guess there is more

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 11/29/2008 1:03:04 AM

John Murdoch IV

I don't have any experience with 5Meo but when smoking N,N-DMT I'm back in 10 min and totally back to normal in 15-20 minutes after a breakthrough.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

69ron
#6 Posted : 11/29/2008 1:15:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With smoked 5-MeO-DMT you're pretty much completely back to normal after 10-15 minutes. For SWIM DMT lasts 20-30 minutes. 5-MeO-DMT hits you really fast and really hard. Before you exhale the effects are already super strong. You have very little time to prepare for the total mental madness of the peak. The effects are just unpleasant to SWIM. It’s not the same as taking it sublingually. Sublingually, it’s a nice experience with lots of mental effects similar to LSD. But when smoked, it’s like putting your brain in a blender. You smoke it and then suddenly you’re like a mad man and nothing makes sense for a few minutes and then it’s over. It’s a waste of time. There’s nothing pleasant about it. But when taken sublingually it’s REALLY NICE. It’s like a completely different experience that way.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

soulman
#7 Posted : 11/29/2008 12:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm thats intereting. SWIM has never taken it subligually before, but SWIM will consider it after your reports.
Do you you ned a lower dose, and I also noticed that SWIY used a harmaline too.

One of the things that intrigues me the most about spice is the DMT realms, the breakin through to other dimensions. Reports of communication with inteligent beings and so on. Has SWIY ever experienced anything like with with subligual administation, or is the experience more distortion of this reality like LSD as you said?

69ron
#8 Posted : 11/29/2008 8:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5-MeO-DMT is more like LSD than DMT, even when smoked. It can't take you to the same place DMT can. 5-MeO-DMT is only slightly visual. Its primarily a mental experience like LSD. When smoked it hits you too hard and makes it nearly impossible to think. It's TOO psychedelic that way and not fun at all. It has something to do with it hitting the brain really fast. It’s incapacitating that way. Whether taken sublingually or smoked, it’s still primarily a mental psychedelic like LSD. The visuals are dark and distant. You might see a little swirling and morphing of objects, but that’s about it. If you overdo it, you’ll get “white out” or “the void”, which is nothing like DMT.

flyboy
#9 Posted : 12/3/2008 1:43:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah well swim has (almost, for the time being) given up trying to isolate it, he's failed multiple times, even via ordering from an rc which was an ro (rip off).

ron did you use from an rc or did you extract from a natural source??

69ron
#10 Posted : 12/4/2008 1:15:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did both. But nothing recently from an RC.

You can get a pure 5-MeO-DMT experience by using Chaliponga sublingually without an MAOI. Only the 5-MeO-DMT will work that way, the DMT will not.

The other way is by using Virola resin, also sublingually without an MAOI.

Both plants have 5-MeO-DMT and DMT, but only 5-MeO-DMT works sublingually so when taken sublingually you get a pure 5-MeO-DMT trip that isn't muddied by DMT.

SWIM doesn't much like DMT mixed with 5-MeO-DMT. They sort of cancel out each others good effects.