We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
By way of introduction: Solus. Hello & many thanks. Options

Solus
#1 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:15:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll keep this as short as I can as I'm sure most of you have read many such introductions by new members.

I really like the ethos and approach the site encourages among its members, very refreshing compared to most other forums blighted by personal in-fighting and idiots trolling etc. By stating from the beginning the way this site intends to operate or at least wishes to, it puts across a message to us all that I, for one, appreciate the site developers taking the time and thought to include.

I'll be honest with my info here, what other useful way of conducting oneself is there? I've never used or attempted to consume DMT/Spice in any of its forms but I have always been fascinated by the stories I've heard of it's properties. Having said that I'm far from naive when it comes to other things within the same, large generic group of compounds.

My reason for joining this particular forum was because after a short while browsing it seemed like the place I was meant to come to, to learn more about this interesting compound that Mother Nature has bestowed upon us. I quickly got the feeling this was the place to be to learn and discuss from others about their experiences prior to taking the step into what I hope will be less so much 'the unknown' as it is for me right now.

I guss I'll do a lot of reading here first off then progress to asking questions re: the DMT experience.

I do hope that as an introductory essay, the above suffices and gets across where I'm at along this particular road.

With love,

Solus

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:19:32 PM

Hey Solus,

Yes, it is easy to recognize what the DMT-Nexus is all about.
Thank you for taking the time to articulate your introduction.
I remember when I first heard about DMT. I couldn't believe it. And the fact it's inside of us? Even weirder.
Then I did it, over and over, and I still can't believe it...

I am looking forward to hearing more about your explorations with the endogenous neurotransmitter.
You definitely come off as ripe for a nice hyperspatial transition.

Feel free to read / ask away. That's why we are here.

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:27:43 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Solus,

Great intro. I really liked both the tone and content. You're really going to like it here. Just speaking for myself, the more I look around, the more there is to see. It just keeps getting better as the months and years pass. It is an evolving entity, so there are of course, periodic growing pains, but that just helps to keep it dynamic. We are like a family here. Welcome home.

You'll find the Wiki to be a tremendous resource, from health and safety information, to how-to's (teks - aka theoretical entheogen knowledge) to lexicon to . . . . it's a big resource. I encourage you to check it out.

Welcome to the Nexus. Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Solus
#4 Posted : 8/16/2011 5:54:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Many thanks for the welcomes above and the tips about where to start with my research here. Interesting that the first poster (sorry, I can't locate the symbol that represents your poster name) mentioned that I appear ready to take the step into the DMT World, I feel that way too after several years deliberating whether the time was right to embark on the journey of discovery required to do so.

Somehow it just felt right that I 'let' this compound find me rather than the other way round. That time appears to be approaching so it seems logical that the time is also right for me to explore the personal experiences and literature that will help prepare me for the time itself, when it comes, as I feel sure it will, whenever that may be.

I've read enough about this psychoactive to know, I think, that to simply delve headlong into its depths without a degree of understanding and learning from others of the power within, would be foolhardy to say the least.

So here I am, ready to learn some more from those of you with the knowledge and experience to help and guide me along the way.

I'm grateful for this opportunity and look forward to investigating the potential this molecule holds.

Jin
#5 Posted : 8/16/2011 7:41:43 PM

yes

hey Solus , welcome to the nexusSmile
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Enoon
#6 Posted : 8/16/2011 9:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome to the nexus, Solus.

It's great that you are taking such a mindful approach to this substance. IMO the dmt experience itself, that lasts a few minutes when vaporized or a few hours when taken orally, is only a tiny fraction of the actual work that is or can be done with dmt. Everything from the preparation to the integration and all the contemplations inbetween are valuable and serve the self-reflection that these substances aid us in.

I have to say, no amount of experience, nor contemplation can ever prepare me for a dmt trip. It's just so overwhelming and astonishing and awe-inspiring, or totally bewildering...

I wish you the best!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Purges
#7 Posted : 8/17/2011 5:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard! Get some Spice down yer, you won't regret it Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3