We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
other salts of DMT Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 11/11/2010 9:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've become interested in preparing other (preferably crystaline) salts of DMT.
I've just read @ the nexus that DMT malate and DMT tarate are solid but not good to work with, on account of their being a horrible mass.

if anyone has a list of known or possible DMT salts, that would be appreciated.
If not, I suggest we put one together along with a list of solubilities and properties,
and stick it on the wiki.

shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 8/12/2011 6:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bringing back an older thread... but I think this is an interesting idea as well.

There has to be some other stable and like shoe said, preferably crystalline salts out there.

Even if it's unknown to work, just a list of salts to try out would be great.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Apoc
#3 Posted : 8/12/2011 7:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, cool..... but why? Does fumaric acid have some property you don't like?

Red Eclipse
#4 Posted : 8/12/2011 9:08:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Acetic acid (pure acetic acid, no vinegar. search 'goo factor' on the nexus), HCl acid (not food safe), and Sulphuric acid (not food safe) are the first that come to mind.

I'm not sure how crystalline sulphates will become, though.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 8/12/2011 11:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HCl can be found USP grade, so can sulphuric acid. HCl dmt salt is very hygroscopic, it wont be a stable solid, and I would guess the same with sulphuric but im not sure.

MelCat
#6 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
Cool, cool..... but why? Does fumaric acid have some property you don't like?

Nahh, I don't have anything against fumarates. Just trying to push the envelope of what we know.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 8/14/2011 7:12:15 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

maleic, definitely, as it is the isomer of fumaric.

Tartrate is also a solid salt. Nothing wrong with it compared to fumaric. Both should work equally as well.

From what I know DMT HCl is not a solid, or at least extremely difficult to prepare as a solid, because of its hydroscopic properties perhaps. (shulgin couldn't prepare the HCl salt)

I am not sure about sulphate, perhaps it is a solid, but im guessing its not for some reason.

also, these concentrated acids are obviously not 'food safe' (well there is concentrated HCl in your stomach, but im sure it would hurt going down...) The salts are most definitely food safe, or at least in the tiny amounts consumed they will not harm you.

Much more 'toxic' acids are approved by the FDA for use as a salt. For instance, HBr salt, is used in medicine. Where you not want to get near hydrobromic acid.

It is completely safe to consume these salts as long as there is no excess acid.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Seraph
#8 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:02:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is DMT Fumarate safe to take orally? How does the bioavailability of DMT Fumarate compare to the bioavailability of DMT Citrate?

۩
#9 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:04:02 PM

Seraph wrote:
Is DMT Fumarate safe to take orally? How does the bioavailability of DMT Fumarate compare to the bioavailability of DMT Citrate?

Fumarate is safe and is commonly used for pharmahuasca. I doubt the bioavailability between the two salts are different enough to cause any significant change in rate of metabolization. Everyone appears to have a kind of unique biochemistry anyway. If you want, you can conduct an experiment by trying fumarate a few times and by trying the citrate, and deciding which one you liked better based on effects, how it hit, how long it lasted, etc. I have a hunch they won't be much different, but you never know due to personal factors.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 8/14/2011 10:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive tried for pharma ingesting oral solutions of dmt citrate, fumarate, acetate and phosphate, and noticed no real difference between them.

Apoc
#11 Posted : 8/14/2011 11:42:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seraph wrote:

It seems like a couple times where I took chumks of fumarate, the trip was not strong, and I wondered if the salt didn't dissolve. So, since then I just dissolve the fumarates before consuming, and it works fine.