We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings from the cold north Options

Ansar
#1 Posted : 8/11/2011 8:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been a member for a few months now and I decided I'd finally do an introduction essay. I've been reading the forums for around a year and I've been a member for almost half a year. I like reading what other people have to say and learning from them, but recently I've decided to try and start posting more.

I try to make as few absolutes possible in life. This includes everything from my religious views to my views on science to my views on DMT. I consider myself an agnostic atheist (a term I recently discovered), which basically means that I don't believe in any religion or higher power but I'm open to the idea. In other words I don't believe there's a god, but I don't know there's not.

In relations to DMT...
I believe that it is not another dimension we are seeing, but that it is hallucinations and our brain is just trying to interpret what your subconscious is thinking. I know there's been some discussion on if DMT is produced during dreams or is the cause of them and I have no idea, I haven't done any research on it. I do see some similarities in the trips and dreams, my ego is let go and I'm free to see things about myself that I normally wouldn't. I also seem to realize stuff about things that I spend plenty of time around or thinking about that I normally wouldn't.

Around the time I joined this site I quit smoking pot. One of the first few times I tried demitri I got the feeling that I should quit smoking. After a few days of thinking about it I went cold turkey and I haven't touched the stuff since. I lived in a house with 5 other people that all smoked, and I can say it's very hard to quit when you're always being offered bowls. I had been smoking a half eight every couple days, and during my worst I was smoking a half eight every day. DMT made me realize all the bad my habit was bringing me. I know plenty of people that smoke an do just fine with it, but I really was mentally addicted. I couldn't sleep without smoking, during classes I would catch myself just thinking about getting done and being able to smoke, and I can remember once during the worst of it I realized I was addicted and pretty much shook it off not caring. But after my trip I realized I knew all the harm it was causing me and just didn't want to admit it.

On to something less personal...
I love learning about everything. I've watched almost all the documentaries Netflix has to offer for streaming over my xbox, even some of the out there ones like Eyes of the Mothman (a documentary about a 7 foot tall half moth half man, no joke). Recently I've been learning as much as I can about the universe. In my opinion, and I mean no offense to anyone's religion, religions try offer simple answers to very complex questions like what is the meaning of life and how did the universe come to be. For me it takes away the real beauty of life, I love looking up in the sky and just realizing the sheer size of this planet we're on (especially on a kind of cloudy day, the clouds just above the horizon help put size into perspective). Then realizing that our planet is nothing compared to the size of the universe.

There is this seemingly impossibly large thing we call the universe and it contains a huge amount of mass, but we have no idea where this mass came from or how the universe came to existence. The big bang theory helps us understand that at the start of the start of the universe all mass was in a singularity, but to me that raises even more questions. I think most of the beauty in life comes from understanding that we, and probably the human species, will never understand how the universe came to be. Theories on other dimensions and universes are fine, but for now they are mostly just a way for us to try and understand what is going on in a simple way. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to learn and advance science, I just know too many people that refuse to accept the possibility that our science can't explain everything.

If you want to watch some good documentaries check out http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/, it's a great site with tons of free ones to watch. I've read a lot of ideas on dimensions, and if I had to choose one I'd go with this. Pretty much you group the rules of how the first three dimensions interact and apply it to the fourth dimension (what we see as a point in time) and it makes the fourth, fifth, and sixth into their own group, time. Then you do the same to the seventh, eighth, and ninth making them their own group, universal laws. You'll probably need to watch it a few times to understand it all, I know I did and I'm still not sure I get it completely Laughing

If anyone wants to discuss something with me I'd love to, I don't like arguments but I do like a nice polite exchange of ideas! If I don't know much about it I'll still listen and learn, and then probably try and learn more on my own so it can actually be a two way conversation. Not sure if this is all supposed to go in the introduction essay but I'm throwing myself out there for you guys.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 8/11/2011 9:52:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome to the nexus Ansar,

I remember watching the 10th dimension stuff on acid a while ago Smile good times.

Being agnostic and refraining from insisting on absolutes is IMO a good standpoint - open to experience whatever and gain from it as much as possible, without prejudice or dogmatic views that prevent you from letting stuff get to you.

Anyway, enjoy the forum, enjoy life, and godspeed for your travels.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction