We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosa Hostilis Garden and Companion Planting Options

smri
#1 Posted : 8/9/2011 10:53:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am seeking information on how to grow a great mother tree. Should only Hostilis be used or can Jurema also supply root bark?

My idea is to have a designated area to grow the tree properly, having it as the center piece of the ethneogenic garden. Are there any good companion plants or particular methods that work better than others?

If you are interested in harvesting MHRB, can you have a mother tree for clones then harvest the clones after several years?

Any other interesting information on the plant that is making all this possible would also be appreciated. Thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 8/9/2011 2:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't know anything about planting mimosa trees, but I always thought jurema and mimosa hostilis were the same plant, but one was the traditional name and the other was the western botanical name.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

smri
#3 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was looking for a Shaman's garden type setup where there are several companion plants that are doing things specific for the Mimosa tree.
Thanks for the info Global! I have some Jurema seeds but not Hostilis so before I start growing for the next few years (lol) I would like to make sure.
Although, in all honestly I am going to just sprout them somewhere, just curious on their alkaloid/dmt content, and what ways you can boost or add other plants for this.

Wax
#4 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:24:24 PM

LUVR

Jurema is the same as hostilis.
I'm having a tough time sprouting my seeds but hopefully some will pop up soon.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

smri
#5 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:55:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic,
I have heard that you need to scarify the seed and or use boiling water to help germination. From what I hear the seed's shell is super tough.

caliwa
#6 Posted : 8/9/2011 4:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in mexico we call it tepezcohuite, its not a selvatic tree. as you can see in the picture. its a lame that in southamerica they use it to make charcoal and fences. here in mexico is missused too. pulverized stembark is miraculous to cure burns in the skin, in fact you could use your MHRB powder to cure yourselves. just put it there in the burnt skin. it will heal you rapidly.
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Global
#7 Posted : 8/9/2011 5:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Yeah, I actually remember reading about it's burning-healing properties so surely enough a couple months ago I burned myself, so I took my MHRB powder and it was insanely quick relief.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

smri
#8 Posted : 8/9/2011 5:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caliwa,
Tell me more! I have definitely heard about its healing properties...in more ways than one. I feel I need to give back and help curate this tree of life.

smri
#9 Posted : 8/9/2011 5:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the double post...I'm n00b learning how to post pics.
Would Verrucosa be a good plant as well? As far as one for dmt properties and or healing/medicinal properties, or just to start an ethno-garden, how would Verrucosa do?
Thanks again! Awesome to hear people are interested in its cultivation too.
smri attached the following image(s):
IMAG0011.jpg (1,035kb) downloaded 54 time(s).

Wax
#10 Posted : 8/9/2011 6:31:54 PM

LUVR

Smri, I have heard that you need to scar them or soften them, I put mine in near boiling water for about an hour but still nothing. Its been about three weeks so ill wait a little longer then try again.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

jamie
#11 Posted : 8/9/2011 6:52:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

3 weeks? they are def not going to germinate. Mine always germinate within like 2 days..I have never had a mimosa seed not germinate.

I have 12 jurema plants going in my window under 2 lights right now. I still am tryng to figure out what they like the best in terms of lighting, nutrients and water etc..a few of them got burned I think from the lights at one point when i had them too close..but they are recovering..others are very green and healthy and growing fast. They are like 3 montha old now and I have not lost any.

I never boiled the seeds. I nicked them, soaked them in water over night and then put them in soil with a humidity tend until they germinated..then I left them like that for a few days with light and then just planted them in pots without humidity.
Long live the unwoke.

Wax
#12 Posted : 8/9/2011 6:59:26 PM

LUVR

Thanks fractal, I'll try nicking and soaking the next batch.
How big are the plants now? And how old are they?