We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
preparing for next journey: MHRB vs. Psycotria? Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 8/2/2011 5:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first journey was back in april, 3 grams rue + 5 grams MHRB. I'm planning a return next week. I have the same rue and MHRB from my last flight, but have also come by 100 grams of psychotria viridis, which I've been keeping wrapped up tightly in my freezer.

I am considering either:

a. upping my dosage for another rue + MHRB brew

or

b. doing 4 grams of rue + the viridis tea.

Still relatively new to this so hopeful to hear people's thoughts, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!
"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

EquaL Observer
#2 Posted : 8/2/2011 9:43:01 PM

Ross

Upping the rue dosage sometimes adds tremor... 3g should be fine. How was your experience in April? Chacruna tends to be more gentle and less ecstatic than MHRB.
Your depth is your integrity

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 8/3/2011 7:04:48 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I suppose it partially depends on how much you like MHRB. I find it a bit invasive at times, but also so playful and of a specific character that I like to return at modest doses.

Well... it's not like they'll disappear... do both! (Not at the same time, of course)
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

AluminumFoilRobots
#4 Posted : 8/3/2011 8:31:50 AM

gufyg

I have not taken Viridis as of yet, only jurema and chaliponga. However, I can say that jurema is more expansive, open, stained glass sort of a thing. Like a monolIthIc sort of thing, where as chaliponga is more tightly woven, watery instead of dry, and extremely populated. No entities have come to me through jurema, but come bounding with chali.

Also, it is worth notIng that mimosa can be prepared hot or cold which lead to quite differing experiences. Boiled mimosa is harder to distinguish from to leaf sources, but cold water extracted jurema has this whole other edge to it, and the experience sets in so subtlety that you barely perceive it slithering through the mind until it begins to overtake you...

This is all just my impression, of course.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

quantagy
#5 Posted : 8/3/2011 6:09:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone, this is very helpful and appreciated! For a cold water extraction of jurema, how long and how much water would we be talking about typically?

quantagy
#6 Posted : 8/3/2011 8:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first journey in April was a wonderful initiation. I purged about 40 minutes after drinking the mimosa, and then laid on my carpet and felt as though I were floating up a jungle river on a canoe. CEV were are ultra-violet, deep magenta and purple vines, animals, and mayan-like structures rising up from within my consciousness. It was exceptionally gentle once the purge was over. When the CEV's diminished I sat up and was lost in a sea of tracers for about an hour.

AluminumFoilRobots
#7 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:11:25 PM

gufyg

I've used 1-2 liters and I'd say leave it for 1-2 weeks, agitating a few times a day.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.