We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
newbie question, I came here from the shroomery. Options

fordrew
#1 Posted : 8/6/2011 4:08:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

HI everyone, the shroomery suggested this site for my dmt questions and I hope that maybe you can answer them. They should be easy for anyone who has done this before!

I am using this tek: http://www.shroomery.org...flat.php/Number/10089233

I left the jar with some electronics and the naphtha was just barely / no yellow after 32 hours. I decided to take it out and try to extract some of the dmt so i took out half of the naphtha as the tek suggests and I throw it inside a freezer. I do not know how cold the freezer is but I really think it is not cold enough. After another 24 hours I look inside and my naphtha didn't create any precipitate. So right now I plan on waiting for the naphtha to warm back up again so I can throw it in the jar.

So I hear you can give the jar a warm water bath to get the spice to migrate to the naphtha better?

Also if my freezer is not cold enough I can throw it into a cold water bath and throw the cold water bath into the freezer to help the process?

Thanks.

edit: It also seems like I can just evaporate it instead of throwing it into a freezer. That would probably be my best route I think if I do not have a cold enough freezer? Just throw a coffee filter over it and wait??

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Vent01
#2 Posted : 8/6/2011 4:57:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there fordrew! I had similar issues and I realized I used too much naptha for it to freeze precip!

You measure the amount of naptha to how much MHRB you put in. I think its around 1mL per gram of bark.

Here is some more info on the STB teks: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ategory:Straight_To_Base
An observer beholding experience

Eden
#3 Posted : 8/6/2011 5:59:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And if you did use too much naphtha, just evap until milky swirls appear when you blow across the surface.
The solvent will be saturated at this point and a freeze precip in a sealed container will work swimmingly. Smile Full evap may yield a fairly gooey puddle.

fordrew
#4 Posted : 8/6/2011 6:35:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

OK. Sounds good.

Thanks for the info!

I attached a picture of the container of where I am doing this. The author of the post suggested removing 75 mL nap. but he did it for that particular size container.
fordrew attached the following image(s):
photo.JPG (1,239kb) downloaded 84 time(s).

endlessness
#5 Posted : 8/6/2011 11:08:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

check the FAQ. Pre-evaporate to very small amount and stick in freezer again. Then reuse the naphtha or evaporate till the end, and recrystallize the result of this evaporation if it comes out as a goo/oil

fordrew
#6 Posted : 8/8/2011 4:32:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I have bunk MHRB. Kind of pissed right now. Nothing is happening. Are we allowed to discuss purchasing outlets for MHRB?

۩
#7 Posted : 8/8/2011 4:40:32 PM

fordrew wrote:
I think I have bunk MHRB. Kind of pissed right now. Nothing is happening. Are we allowed to discuss purchasing outlets for MHRB?

Supplier discussion is only permitted in the supplier sub section of our forum.

I am not sure what you did wrong with your extraction. I failed probably 5 or 6 times when I first started getting into this stuff. It helps to follow the teks to the T, that way you can't really go wrong.

If your extraction was based properly (jet black extraction), your naptha separated, you rolled it around for a good long while, pulled multiple times, evaporated the naptha down, and stuck that in the freezer.... You will have DMT !

damon
#8 Posted : 8/8/2011 4:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Low yields are usually from not mixing the naptha in well enough, or using too much naptha. Very little transfers after separation, so you need to mix it a decent amount, just not too vigorously. If you have too much naptha, evap some until you see it get noticeably darker. You can also evap all of it, redissolve in some hot naptha and do a room temp recrystallization. Any time I've evapped any NP solvent, the results tasted nasty and were unusable.