We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Premature Options

LeftEyeOfHorus
#1 Posted : 7/31/2011 11:33:26 AM

Hello

Last night I tried my very first ayahuasca brew.

After bringing in information from many sources i decided to do 3x3 hour boils with slightly acidic water, reduce, refrigerate, filter, warm up and drink.

After ingestion i began to meditate in silent darkness, after about 15 minutes i needed to lay down, almost immediately after laying down my mouth began to swell with mucus.

I sat up and grabbed my bowl, just incase i was to purge, then without any warning a torrent of sick violently exited my mouth.

admittedly I felt very healthy and revitalised after vomiting, unfortunately, I proceeded to feel unaffected by the brew.

Although disappointed, I feel that perhaps that is just what my body needed.

I found the brew to be very "powdered" in consistency and took my about 4-5 mouthfuls to finish.

If anybody has any tips, explanations, help or thoughts that may benefit me and others with the same problems please chime in Smile

kind regards

LeftEyeOfHorus

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 7/31/2011 7:05:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi LeftEyeOfHorus,

can you give more details on your brew - what exactly did you make it with? Caapi? Any admixture? How much plant material did you use? Was it chopped up, ground or was it whole? Was it from a trustable source?

Welcome to the nexus.
Hope you have better luck next time.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

LeftEyeOfHorus
#3 Posted : 7/31/2011 11:16:52 PM

Hello

I used 50g of Powdered/shredded B.Caapi and 50g of psychotria viridis leaves

Well its my very first time buying the caapi and chacruna from this site.

However i have bought many other products that have been very good healers.

Thanks

Enoon
#4 Posted : 8/1/2011 11:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Sorry, at least from the amount and type of product you used I would think it should have been enough and should have worked, so I have no real suggestions other than checking if your vendor is listed in our supplier section, and maybe ordering from one of the ones we already know are reliable. If this was the case already it's possible that you purged too soon and therefore had no effects.

Personally I like administering extracts because I can always rule out problems with the procedure, since I know how much I actually ingested. With a brew you can never know if your vine really had enough MAOI in it, or if the boiling got it all out... With extracts you know how much you are taking... If you get no effects from extracts you know it's something else...

One problem could be for example that the MAOI and the dmt are ingested at the same time. This works sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the dmt is destroyed before the MAOIs can take effect. In this case you should still feel the MAOIs however - they do have an effect on you, regardless of dmt content.

Well that's all my ideas for now. I hope you figure it out and get where you're going!
cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Apoc
#5 Posted : 8/2/2011 8:47:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you purged after only 15 minutes, that would not be enough time for your stomach to absorb the dose, so that's likely why it didn't work. You may want to filter before reducing, so the filterable material is less concentrated. If you filter after reducing, the drink is more concentrated, so any drop that gets left behind will contain more actives.

In my experience, nausea is less if the tea is less. I want to get it down to half a shot glass, easily enough for one sip. But that's with a few grams of mimosa. I've never tried chacruna.

LeftEyeOfHorus
#6 Posted : 8/2/2011 7:52:05 PM

Hello

Thank you for the suggestions Apoc and Enoon,

I have not found this vendor in the suppliers section, next time i venture i shall try one of the recommended vendors.

Also i will try MHRB and consume the respective MAOI and the Light separately, reduced to a small mouthful.

Can you recommend the best filtration device? i used a towel which i found to be counter productive, the powder seemed to cling to the towel far too much.

I think perhaps the hint of vinegar could have contributed to the early purge.

Thanks for the help guys

Happy travels

Many thanks

Apoc
#7 Posted : 8/3/2011 7:55:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As for SWIM (lol, sorry guys), he uses a regular strainer to get most of it, then when the brew is reduced to a small amount, an eye dropper works because it will get plugged if a few grained of sand touch it, and it won't allow you to suck up anything. So you know that anything you suck up doesn't have any bark particles.

But I don't hear of anyone else using this method. Just how do other people filter mimosa?

If the mimosa tea is left overnight, the mimosa bark will sink and form a mud on the bottom of the cup and filtration might not even be necessary. ie: you can just pour the tea out and most of the bark will still be in the cup. But that depends on the mimosa. Some mimosa is so finely powdered that it doesn't settle as easily, and smaller particles float around more.