We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello everyone, im glad to be here Options

caliwa
#1 Posted : 7/27/2011 6:16:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im very happy and thrilled about knowing there is such a community like this. i'd say this is just an perfect example of how humanity is evolving towards a true civilization in opposition to economical development and money richness. you can be sure i deeply love and apprecciate everyone of you guys. Since I live in the desertic part of Mexico i have been a cactus user for long time, also other kinds of stuff and all that is around, but never had an experience such as the ones you describe here and im making efforts towards achieving it. currently im half in the process of extraction, I ordered some reactive Hexane and heptane from a lab suplier, since i want to use the purest materials I can get, it will arrive in a week, currenty the mimosa/lye slur is sitting in my room being shaked daily, awaiting.

I've read all that i supposed to be read before posting my salute, and it has enlightened me already in a superb manner, now i respect this as it should be respected, thus is has not scared me away.

i send a truly and sincere warm hug to every one of you, expresing the thrill i feel just to be here and be aware that all of you exist, with love, CALIWA (in mexican indigenous language OTOMI, the man of the histories.)
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:45:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You've got interesting times ahead of you..welcome Very happy

caliwa
#3 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is something almost unbelievable for me, is something that i have subconciously yearned since i was a child, and now i have acknowledge that its a reality. i havent tried the spice yet and ive already begun the trip
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:15:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Looks like you've found your family Smile

That extraction will work just fine! Just remember not to throw anything away till youre satisfied and with your final yield.

You have experience with cactus so thats already great because it helps to "forge" your psychedelic soul, so-to-say. But there's always the unexpected.. With DMT, you'll go to realms you couldnt believe possible, and you're bound to return from some launch, crying and laughing at the absurdity of what you've just experienced.

Just take care to do it respectfully, and know that it can be very challenging, in an existential way. But I think if you take care of the set and setting, and integration, chances are it will serve to further your path in this life.

Hope to see you around Smile

caliwa
#5 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:52:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for those good words. I Just realized of jungle spice so i think ill do some extra use of my current mixture.

Cactus has taken me very deep but nothing like DMT traveling descriptions. Ive used hikuri several times with the guidance of a huichol (mexican indigenous) shaman and they take it very seriously, I cant tell if my mind is ready but I do not feel fear or anxiety, is the other way around, im very inspired and full of good expectations.

cactus demands a deep respect, im familiar to that so i hope that contributes a little more, besides ive been studing astral traveling and general esoterism for a while now, and its time for me to go from theory to practice.

thanks for the warm welcome!

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 7/28/2011 7:17:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

awesome intro my brother welcome home. cactus is an amazxing teacher i think you will find dmt quite adequate as well.Cool
thanks for sharing about yourself.
OM'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Purges
#7 Posted : 7/28/2011 8:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard! I look forward to reading your thoughts on your first Spice journey! It truly is a privilege to be able to access such an amazing substance. I remember after my first experience, I was like "i've tripped hard before but that was Shocked Very happy Crying or very sad Confused Twisted Evil Razz Shocked !" I am yet to partake in cactus though, that is a future project, and one I greatly anticipate!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

caliwa
#8 Posted : 7/28/2011 4:44:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel the warmth here. yeah, cactus is a strict teacher, its not a buddy like shrums. Its a hard teacher that teaches its lesson wether you are willing to accept it or not.

Today I added the zippo lighter fluid to my lye/mimosa goo. I couldnt wait for the hexane to arrive so I just use lighter fluid.

I have pulled like 20 times from yesterday to today and the emulsion didnt formed. I could see tiny white thingies floating in the lighter fluid this morning, I hope is spice. Its my first extraction also, and im doing it with my heart, not strictly measuring things but rather following my "calculating instinct", and so far is looking good. I read from aleyster crowleys book of thot that nature's processes need time to happen, like the birth of a seed or the metamorfosis of a caterpillar. so I let my goo rest for 2 weeks before adding any solvent, and i will let the solvent work for some days too. hahaha, but thats just me.

I'll be sure to post a picture for you guys of the final product.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 7/28/2011 5:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just dont throw anything away Smile

If you really did 20 pulls, probably all the later pulls will have very little DMT, so I suggest evaporating them down to nearly nothing and then sticking in the freezer (or evap it all and re-x)

caliwa
#10 Posted : 7/28/2011 5:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

let me know if I got this straight, since im not familiar with the quick lingo. you suggest that I sepparate the solvent from the goo, and then proceed with the evap process? I shold see some spice after this right? and then add more solvent to the solvent clean goo, make some pulls, make the evap process again, and so on till I get no more spice, am I right?

endlessness
#11 Posted : 7/28/2011 6:12:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By goo, do you mean the mimosa basified solution?

Yeah you do several pulls with solvent... You said you did 20? That seems excessive, usually people do maybe 6 or so. You could evaporate it all down, but then you'll have the plant impurities/oils together with your crystals, so its better to freeze precipitate.

But to freeze precipitate it has to be quite saturated with dmt, and since you used too much solvent it might not be, so thats why I suggest evaporating them down to small amount of solvent, or at least till its cloudy, and then sticking into the freezer, seeing if you get crystals. Then reuse that solvent for more pulls or evaporate it all down to get a probably more impure goo/crystals (instructions to re-x in the FAQ: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...oes_one_recrystallize.3F ).

Does that make sense?

caliwa
#12 Posted : 7/28/2011 6:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, totally clear now. im going to do that when I get off my job, im currently at the office, so I guess I will be telling you tomorrow how it went. wanna hear something funny? here at office network, proxy has everything bloked out. You can't check any social networks, forums, blogs, mails, noting man, just work stuff, AND, this forum.

caliwa
#13 Posted : 7/29/2011 5:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here is the news, I separate and froze the zippo lighter fluid and night long. in the morning I could see some crystals but too phew, near to nothing. I decided better to evap the zippo fluid and I got a very thin layer of white thing that I want to believe is dmt. Anyway if it where, is to phew. today Im going to make some pulls with hexane and heptane and see how it works, on this experience, zippo seems not to do a good job breaking up mimosa.

endlessness
#14 Posted : 7/29/2011 5:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this white thing a goo or a solid? Do you have a scale?

Usually if its a goo, it seems like its less than it actually is, you have to either keep scraping it and letting it dry further and it will harden up, or you recrystallize with very small amount of warm naphtha and into the freezer and retrieve doing the upside-down trick in the FAQ

Do not throw anything away till you have the correct yield Smile

caliwa
#15 Posted : 7/29/2011 6:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its definetly not a goo. Its like an extremely thin layer of salt resting on the floor of the plate I used. it looks like frozen waves of salt. could it be dmt?

endlessness
#16 Posted : 7/29/2011 7:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if its evapped from (clean-evapping) solvent pulls of mimosa, it must be Very happy How does it smell? can you take a picture? Did you weigh it?

caliwa
#17 Posted : 7/29/2011 7:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if by clean evaping you mean putting all the solvent into a plate, let it breed for hours so it evaporates completly without any contamination on it, yes, it was a clean evap. it was my first zippo lighter pulls from my mimosa solution. It smell id say like zippo lighter fluid ( i guess the smell remains on the plate) and a lot like the mimosa solution. I dont have a scale to weight. but putting it together is less than a drop of water. i'll post a picture later for you bro.