We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Good Day Options

odawg
#1 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:07:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow psychonauts. I have been lurking for quite a while now. I was drawn to this site some time ago because of all of the mature, helpful advice here for those who are looking for the depth that some of these wonderful substances provide. When the Nexus was attacked recently and went off-line, I found myself very worried that I had lost my chance to be a part of the community.

My first experience with psychedelics was with LSD when I was in high school in the early 90's, but until about a year ago my only other experiences have been occasionally with cannabis. In the last year however I have collected and experimented with a semi-pharmacy of psychedelics.

I have come to believe that psychedelics are very useful tools, and in fact an important one that many people should try as they get older. As we age we become so comfortable in our beliefs, our mindsets, and our routine that we loose perspective. We often forget (or I had anyway) of what is important. Since discovering the doors opened by these tools however, my wife and I have reconnected to a depth we had never known could exist, I have shed years of anxiety due to my introversion, and I have realigned my long-term goals. I discovered a deep motivation to change from a fully sedentary lifestyle to one that includes regular exercise and yoga.

DMT is kind of the last thing in my back pocket at the moment, but have been a little afraid to go the full length with. I've tried changa a few times, but haven't gone very deep. I think that one of my fears is that it will take me exactly where I am looking to go. Not somewhere specific, but somewhere other than here. Not as an escape, but as a challenging departure from my comfort zone. Everything I have tried so far has been easily controllable for me, but the first time I vaporized some changa I was shocked at how powerful it was. I feel I am ready though, and am building up my comfort to take the full plunge.

I hope that as I build up my own experiences, I can provide assistance in some way to the community. I have benefited tremendously from information here, and would like to give back in some way even if only encouragement and good vibes to others who are seeking as I have been.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus!Smile

Indeed, this is a fine place with many a diverse personality, but what unites us is greater than any arbitrary divisions.

There is no need to rush your explorations;find your own pace that you're comfortable with.I think DMT will take you to a place beyond where you imagine you want to go.And that is a constant source of wonder, for me anyways.

Once again, welcome aboard!!Smile Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

odawg
#3 Posted : 7/27/2011 8:08:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for the quick and warm welcome!

Purges
#4 Posted : 7/28/2011 9:12:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend, I'm sure the Spice will treat you well if treated with respect and good intention. Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3