We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Out from the shadows Options

komet
#1 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:13:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Long time reader hoping to get more involved.

I live alone in an isolated little corner of Australia with my acacia and cacti.

Those who know me would say I don't talk unless I have something to say, so it is a good bet you won't have any troubles from me. There really are some amazing and knowledgeable people here that I have seen in my times reading, hopefully I can fit in and be a positive member.

Not sure what else to say, any questions feel free to ask.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nen888
#2 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:29:34 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..g'day komet, good to hear from you..very cool & individual art, thanks for posting..Smile

..wondering what your feelings about/experiences with acacias have been like? do you grow a few kinds?

komet
#3 Posted : 7/27/2011 8:06:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, thanks for the reply,

Currently growing acacia acuminata, obtusifolia, maidenii, floribunda in my own garden. But there are dozens of varieties close by in the bush, accurately identifying them is the hard part.

The trick for acacia seems to be time of year for harvesting and finding one which has a friendly alkaloid profile. Floribunda has gone under the radar for some time, but that cat seems to have gotten out of the bag in recent times. It grows FAST compared to say obtusifolia which is far less common. I would never touch an obtusi - my own grown or one in the wild (I may take some seed at the right time). Obtusi is just far too rare in my parts, while something like floribunda is much more common/domesticated.

Recently found a massive plot of longifolia var. sophorae on a hike to an isolated beach. Here are a couple of pictures:
komet attached the following image(s):
03.jpg (389kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
02.jpg (157kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

nen888
#4 Posted : 7/27/2011 8:33:45 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..thanks komet for the pics..A. longifolia var. sophorae (as you might know) is one of the more variable spp.(ranging from almost nothing, to 0.6% multi-alkaloid),
seems to be sub-type rather than individual plants..

your point about seasonal variation is insightful and quite important..

..i think the push to bring more species under the public 'radar' is to take the 'pressure' off a couple of spp. who've really given in the last 10 years, and to
alert all that there's probably an interesting tree somewhere near most aussies..

..can tell you've got a lot of wisdom/knowledge to contribute,
thanks for joining, Nen...

Purges
#5 Posted : 7/28/2011 8:18:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some quality art work there! And jealous much of all the acacia action?!

Welcome to the nexus Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3