We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sublingual harmalas advice needed Options

monty p
#1 Posted : 2/10/2011 3:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had some very severe amnesia when taking a moderate dose of dmt so I'm keen to try some sublingual caapi before vaping tonight.
I have plenty of caapi leaf, what's the best/easiest method of dosing sublingually?
Is it nessacary to make an extact/tea?
What dose should be used with your reccomended method?

Someone pointed me in the direction of a harmalas sub forum for help on this topic but I have searched high and low and can't find the sub forum anywhere!
Thanks in advance for any tips, happy travels! Smile
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 2/10/2011 3:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Here’s the Harmalas subforum. (It’s between Iboga and Mushrooms.)

I’d recommend extracted alkaloids for sublingual use. Anywhere from 10-30mg is effective.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 2/10/2011 4:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

freebase.

Maybe even smoking a good load of the leaf and then launching may help?

I've found with good leaf this has a very pronounced effect.

Apoc
#4 Posted : 2/10/2011 5:55:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas might itensify the expeience even more, which is what you don't want. It will give you a bigger body load and for longer, and the sense that your brain is taking longer to defrag and rebooot.

monty p
#5 Posted : 2/11/2011 11:24:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link jibran and that looks like an ace tek, will definitely try extracting soon.
Last night I tried vaping 20mg freebase on a bed of 40 mg caapi leaf and I wasn't blown away to be honest. The experience was longer and slightly different, slower I would say but not as intense as I have had from similar doses of freebase alone.
Afte reading more trip reports I'm starting to question wether I have actually had a "breakthrough". I may try increasing my dose gradually, the worst that can happen is more amnesia so I think it's worth a try.
I also tried a dose of 25mg FB on caapi bed last night which was great fun but again nothing outrageous, I'm sure I will get there eventually, I'm in no rush Smile the attempts are awesome fun!
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Psikotrope
#6 Posted : 2/22/2011 9:56:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone else comment on using caapi leaf as a bed for smoking?

I tried this today with some surprising results. In my small bubbler I used a small amount of dried caapi leaf then 40mg spice followed by Mullein on top. I've never used harmalas in any form so I added the caapi just to see what the smoke would be like more or less. From what i've read I didnt expect to get any MAOI effects from what I guess was a half a leaf. Reading this thread it seems that my experience may be closer to normal than I thought.

This session was different in a few ways:

1. Odd taste in throat and sinuses.
2. Marked but not overwhelming nausea.
3. Pressure in the face and top/front of head.
4. Effects lasting around 25-30 minutes, longer for me at least.
5. Warmer/deeper OEV/CEVs.
6. Slight headache/hangover symptoms
7. Nauseous feeling for a few seconds while sleeping once in a while.

Does this sound like MAOI to anybody? I didnt think I would notice any effects from this and caapi leaf is the only thing that changed in my ingredients. I would say aside from the slight nausea and lack of breakthrough I actually prefered this set of effects. The experience was just much deeper and warm.

Hope I didnt hijack the thread but I tbought the topic and some of the concerns were similar.
Psikotrope
AKA Hanuman Dass
http://hanumandass.wordpress.com A blog on nonduality, entheogens, and other such topics.

"It can be what you want it to be but in the end it's all just sensory enhancement." -The thought stream that once saved my life.

tobecomeone00
#7 Posted : 7/11/2011 8:29:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What would you guys say is a high-dose? I tried roughly 25-30mg of harmine/harmaline freebase tonight, and was pretty disappointed with the outcome...Obviously I'm the type who needs more, so I plan to raise the bar next time...what do you think? 50mg? 65? What point does it or can it become too much?
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

gibran2
#8 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:40:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:
What would you guys say is a high-dose? I tried roughly 25-30mg of harmine/harmaline freebase tonight, and was pretty disappointed with the outcome...Obviously I'm the type who needs more, so I plan to raise the bar next time...what do you think? 50mg? 65? What point does it or can it become too much?

I seem to be very sensitive to sublingual harmala alkaloids – I can feel a dose as low as 10mg. A typical dose for me is 20-30mg. At that dose, the effects are subtle. The character of the experience is changed somewhat, it’s slowed down a bit, and lasts a bit longer. With a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT, it’s very much like a 30-45 minute pharma journey.

I don’t think you’ll have problems even if you go much higher than that. I once experimented and took about 150mg (if I remember correctly) in 3 doses 10 minutes apart, and at that dose it felt very much like oral harmalas, including the nausea.

You say you were disappointed with the outcome using 30mg – why were you disappointed?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#9 Posted : 7/11/2011 11:08:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I pesonally do not like lower doses of harmalas compared to larger doses when it somes to smoking DMT with them. I prefer to take enough so that I am experiencing visions when I lay down already from just the harmalas alone, and then smoke like 10-15mg of DMT. IME that is a far richer experience than taking just enough harmalas for inhibition and then smoking a large dose of DMT. That is just me though.

Gibran, when you say you took 150mg, was that rue alkaloids or caapi alkaloids? I think there is a big difference in dosing. With reports of 2-4% alkaloids from caapi extractions, compared to oral doses of caapi, 150mg of caapi alkaloids probabily is not a high dose. On the other hand, 150mg of sublingual rue extracted harmalas is a large dose for most people and would have me tripping very hard, with tracers and visions. The harmaline in rue could account for some of the differences in dose as well.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#10 Posted : 7/11/2011 11:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Gibran, when you say you took 150mg, was that rue alkaloids or caapi alkaloids? I think there is a big difference in dosing. With reports of 2-4% alkaloids from caapi extractions, compared to oral doses of caapi, 150mg of caapi alkaloids probabily is not a high dose. On the other hand, 150mg of sublingual rue extracted harmalas is a large dose for most people and would have me tripping very hard, with tracers and visions. The harmaline in rue could account for some of the differences in dose as well.

That was caapi. If I remember correctly, harmaline is about twice as potent as harmine, so a dose of caapi alkaloids will be less potent than the same dose of rue alkaloids.

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 7/13/2011 6:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

monty p wrote:
I have plenty of caapi leaf, what's the best/easiest method of dosing sublingually?

No matter what form he's taking it in, SWIM always makes sure to effectively "paint" the harmaloids under his tongue. With powders, he'll even use his finger to spread it out and rub it in. With tinctures, he only takes a few drops at a time, spreading it by working his tongue around, and preferring to even swallow those minuscule amounts rather than allow saliva buildup to dilute it (the trick is to absorb the undiluted tincture in the mouth or top of the throat, not letting it reach the stomach, too much saliva, and it will be carried to the stomach). In any case, do not simply pile or puddle the harmaloids under the tongue.

Quote:
What dose should be used with your reccomended method?

SWIM takes 15-30mg to potentiate vapor, 40+mg to activate sublingual spice (typically as low as 30mg spice).

Here's a little WIP relating to this technique: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Juremala

q21q21
#12 Posted : 7/13/2011 10:56:43 AM

SWIM

Didn't read all the posts thoroughly but I just wanted to direct you to a thread with my take on sublingual harmalas
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

tele
#13 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:12:42 AM
Explorer

What's the best way to prepare caapi vine for sublingual administration?