We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
d-limonene color change pulling from MHRB basified solution Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I have never worked with d-limonene before. I am doing a BLAB with 1kg of high quality mhrb. I have followed the steps thus far exactly, except, I have allowed my d-limonene to soak allot longer than the TEK says. After 8 days of soaking and pulling, I have 1000ml of an amber colored d-limonene. I am assuming that the color is from the full spectrum spice that has been pulled.

My quetions are-

Is the color change normal?

As all the active alkaloids are extracted out, will there be less of a color change?

or will fresh clean d-limonene always pull a certain ammount of coloring or ? from the mhrb basic solution?

Is the color of the d-limonene pull an indicator of how much spice was pulled?

Should I continue to pull until the d-limo comes back clear?

Thank you.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The limonene always seems to go an amber colour after pulling. From my experience, it seems that it does not correlate with amount of spice pulled. It is possibly plant fats mixing with the limonene. Usually 5 pulls is enough. Others may have other opinions on this!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:47:24 PM

SWIM

With SWIM's extractions the limonene goes a stale-urine color at darkest.

Vinegar can be used to salt out the alkaloids and the limonene re-used, though the limonene will keep it's yellow color after each salting and each re-use.
it is a non-psychedelic substance light-red goo when isolate (with the limonene impuries)

once the vinegar has been used to convert and dissolve the DMT, the vinegar can be evaporated at 100C (a double boiler works best) and continued to be heated until it no longer smells of vinegar to yield freebase jimjam.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Ice House
#4 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:56:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

Vinegar can be used to salt out the alkaloids and the limonene re-used, though the limonene will keep it's yellow color after each salting and each re-use.
it is a non-psychedelic substance light-red goo when isolate (with the limonene impuries)

once the vinegar has been used to convert and dissolve the DMT, the vinegar can be evaporated at 100C (a double boiler works best) and continued to be heated until it no longer smells of vinegar to yield freebase jimjam.

Thanks q, I have been following your post on this procedure. I have the basic understanding and all I need to convert it this way.

How much vinegar should I use per 100ml of d-limo?

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 3/15/2010 11:04:22 PM

SWIM

Well technically each ml can convert over 150mg of DMT. Though for almost every pull SWIM eyeballs 25ml since that amount is plenty and just covers the bottom of his dish.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Pokey
#6 Posted : 3/16/2010 12:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My d-limo also turns yellow. If I leave the MHRB for a long time, sometimes I get cloudy amber d-limo. Just throw it in a cold fridge or a freezer for a few hours, the cloudy stuff drops to the bottom of the jar leaving clear yellow d-limo. Just pour off the clear stuff into a new jar before salting out.

Pokey

Ice House
#7 Posted : 3/16/2010 12:54:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pokey wrote:
My d-limo also turns yellow. If I leave the MHRB for a long time, sometimes I get cloudy amber d-limo. Just throw it in a cold fridge or a freezer for a few hours, the cloudy stuff drops to the bottom of the jar leaving clear yellow d-limo. Just pour off the clear stuff into a new jar before salting out.

Pokey

I have noticed that I have some cloudy amber d-limo coming out of one of my gallon jugs. I assumed it was spice precipitating out.

Any idea what the cloudy stuff is?.

Pokey
#8 Posted : 3/16/2010 2:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it's micro emulsions. The rootbark breaks down to the point that tiny bits (really tiny) get trapped in the solvent. A quick freeze will make all that stuff drop right to the bottom and won't bother the good molecule.

Pokey

shoe
#9 Posted : 3/17/2010 2:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:

Sorry dude, I think your wrong, unless I am missing some-kind of vital information, or something?

Anyway what you said: that would yield Jimjam Acetate! Are you suggesting that the vinegar evaporates off? because IMHO what happens is that the vinegar (acetic acid) reacts with the freebase DMT giving DMT-Acetate as a salt and then the water in the vinegar is driven off leaving you with DMT-Acetate. Im sorry I can't see any way at all that this would yield freebase.

@Ice-House-Shaman: I've been told that you can't freeze precipitate from limonene, although I haven't tried it and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Pokey
#10 Posted : 3/17/2010 8:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shoe:
Vinegar does boil off, that's why you have to keep an A/B covered when heating it or add more vinegar. The vinegar is removed with heat, raising the PH to leave freebase.

And IHS isn't trying to freeze precip his d-limo, he just needs to get the cloudy stuff to settle to the bottom so he can decant to a new container and salt it out. A short trip to the freezer usually does wonders for a cloudy solution!

Pokey

Ice House
#11 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK........ Thanks allot Pokey. A short stint in the freezer did in fact clear it right up, It actually left a very thin fine layer of slime on the bottom of the jar.

So now I have 1 liter of piss yellow d-limo from 1 kilo of very high quality mhrb. Does this sound about right? As I stated above I have never worked with d-limo before, I'm sure though, I'll get through this.

I could use some advice here. I din't come up with the 99% IPA I thought I was going to find. I only have 91% IPA. I do have plenty of fumaric acid. I also have water and acetone, epsom salt, sodium carbonate.

What I'm getting at is.... I want to keep this simple, can I salt out with Fumaric Acid Saturated Water or should I do it with FASAcetone. Is it possible to take my 91% IPA and mix it with some anhydrous epsom salt to take the water out of it and do FASI.

I just need some help going in the right direction. I can follow the Teks and I've done my homework. Anyone want to chime in? Greatly apreciated.

Pokey
#12 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:48:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is possible to make that 91% dry enough with anhydrous epsom salt. I have only used FASI, so I can tell you that it works really well and is quite fun. You get to see the reaction happen!
I do 10 ml at a time, dropwise and the d-limo clouds up in distinct layers. Then the DMT-fumarate starts dropping out of the cloudy layer. It's really cool.Cool I take my time at this stage, and add the FASI until the d-limo doesn't cloud anymore.
After collecting the fumarate, leave the jar of d-limo for a few more days or a week, and more DMT-fumarate drops out. It just keeps on giving!Very happy

Pokey

Ice House
#13 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:58:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pokey wrote:
It is possible to make that 91% dry enough with anhydrous epsom salt. I have only used FASI, so I can tell you that it works really well and is quite fun. You get to see the reaction happen!
Very happy

Pokey

Pokey, once again, thanks allot. OK, so.... any ideas as to how much anhydrous epsom salt I have to add to how much 91% to get enough dry ipa for a liter of d-limonene?

Pokey
#14 Posted : 3/19/2010 2:32:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure about that. There is a thread somewhere that gives quantities, but I couldn't find it when I just did a search. I got 99% IPA from Amazon.com 'cause the anhydrous magnesium sulfate route seemed like a pain. I bet Amor_Fati or Endlessness knows the answer. So nice to have such smart fellows around!

Pokey

RayOfLight
#15 Posted : 3/26/2010 10:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have the same problem with brownish amber d limo pulled from mhrb, but mine is more clear than cloudy.. i threw it in the freezer for a bit but i didnt see any improvment
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Pokey
#16 Posted : 3/27/2010 3:26:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's clear, but has color, it's probably fine. Salt out what's in there and enjoy!

Pokey

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 7/17/2011 12:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also got very brown limo and i'm afraid that there are lye tea residues in there - micro micro emulsion. Does a clear liquid mean that there DEFINATLY is no microemulsion?

endlessness
#18 Posted : 7/17/2011 1:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why dont you just wash it ?

And then salt, which will anyways neutralize any base remaining.

Ray, I know this was an old thread but limo doesnt freeze precip, if thats what you meant.

And what pokey had said about needing to close the top off when a/bing mimosa, I doubt he has tested this and is most likely just speaking theoretically. There will still be some acetic acid even very long after cooking, plus mimosa is acidic and tannic acid doesnt evap off like acetic. I have extracted several times without putting a lid on the pot and had no difference in yield.

Back to the original subject, color change is not just alkaloids, as said before its at least partly other impurities. In any case after you salt out, you can purify it later if it isnt clean enough (whether it is reconverting to freebase, or another a/b on it, or bufoman's fumarate water purification, or cold dry acetone wash or re-x).

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 7/24/2011 3:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Strange stuff happened. I tried to freeze the limo and some weird white clouds appeared. I let it sit at room temp for a week and the solution cleared up...kinda...but was still reddish. So I decanted the "clear" layer from 2 jars filled with limo and combined the rest...this jar is now almost white...milk like.

The rest of the fluids i performed fasi precipation on. At the bottom of the container, a red oily layer formed. I decanted again and now have a container full of yellow, milky limo.

Now waiting for precips to settle. Perhaps I should still wash the limo to be sure.