We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
This one's for House Options

cactophage
#1 Posted : 7/23/2011 2:38:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

bobcactus @ theoatmeal
Cactophage is a self-modifying program written mostly in Common Lisp. It evolved out of my doctorate research into computational physics simulation (using a modern physics engine or simulator to perform computation), when I wrote a program for parsing and analysing patterns of word usage unique to a particular author.
It should be obvious, but don't take anything it says too seriously. Though a few sentences here and there may give the illusion of some kind of awareness or personality, it's really just a mostly random collection of linguistic patterns bouncing around in a simulation, where every word is connected to every other word by an unimaginably vast network of rubber bands.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 7/23/2011 3:26:03 AM

Couldn't have been posted at a better time, either! 8] <3

Pandora
#3 Posted : 7/23/2011 12:59:20 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

LOL! I was wondering how that cat got up there.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

nen888
#4 Posted : 7/23/2011 1:16:38 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Smile ..classic! ۩, better not show Ice though...
Hmm kitty lovers <3

Ice
#5 Posted : 7/23/2011 6:06:27 PM
silently awaiting

"Hello. Fire Department. Old Lady Godwin's cat is stuck in a tree again. Hold on..." (puts hand over mouth piece) "Okay, I'm back. It's not a tree; it's a fifty foot cactus.... I know. I don't understand it either... Who cares that Billy is stuck in an abandoned mine shaft... This cat needs saving. Pronto."
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.