We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
crude bufotenine extract Options

reflexion
#1 Posted : 11/11/2008 4:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello all,

i recently read of simple way of extracting bufotenine into a crude smokable form, and was wondering if it was a legitimate method.

the directions were to heat and crush the seeds while discarding the shells, add an equal ammount of lime and a bit of water, mix into a paste then allow to dry for 24 hours, and then wash with acetone and evaporate.

are there any flaws to this method?
would one experience unpleasant side effects with such an extract that aren't present in the more pure bufotenine extraction methods, such as nausea?

thanks Wink

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 11/11/2008 4:45:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

reflexion wrote:
are there any flaws to this method?

Not really. It will definitely get you a crude extract of bufotenine (along with some other gunk). But:

Quote:
would one experience unpleasant side effects with such an extract that aren't present in the more pure bufotenine extraction methods, such as nausea?

Yep, one would. For that reason I recommend the [url=http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1934]Acetone Citrate Bufotenine Precipitation Tech[/quote].

69ron
#3 Posted : 11/11/2008 7:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, a lot depends on the seeds used. Some seeds contain more toxins than others. SWIM’s last batch of seeds from BBB were very tiny and contained very little bufotenine, almost no DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, but a lot of brownish amber sticky junk which caused lots of nausea. Even after several very thorough A/B extractions, the brownish amber junk remained in the extract. With each A/B, there was a little less. But the seeds contained massive amounts of that toxin that even several A/B extractions weren’t enough to remove most of it.

Some seeds that SWIM has had in the past were extremely potent with about 5% bufotenine and almost nothing else. With those seeds even a very basic extraction, like the one above would work wonders.

There’s about a dozen different alkaloids in the seeds. And it varies a lot from season to season and from strain to strain and by location so that sometimes you’ll get amazingly powerful seeds of very low toxicity that can be used AS IS without causing much side effects at all, while other times all they do is make you sick.

SWIM has been extracting from Anadenanthera seeds for a long time and has tried many different methods with many different types of solvents, acids, bases, etc. The level of side effects really all depends on the seeds used.

Most seeds have about 1-2% bufotenine, some as much as 10%, and some have none at all.

Some seeds are so active that you can smoke them as is and get full blown effects without much side effects.

The main side effects are nausea and head tension and it seems to be that the more sticky extracts cause more of these side effects. I believe this is caused by a brown oil present (some sort of alkaloid that’s a oil). It can be really difficult to remove it. If your seeds have a lot of it, even an A/B extraction won’t get rid of all of it. I know that column chromatography can remove it. But I don’t know of another way.

A. peregrina usually has more of the stuff that makes you sick. A. colubrina is usually much cleaner. That’s been SWIM’s experience.

The A. colubrinas out there with the 10% bufotenine are the best. They contain so much bufotenine that you can use them as is and not feel any toxic effects because the toxins are never present in such high amounts. It’s when you use the weak seeds that you usually feel the side effects heavily.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

SpasticSpaz
#4 Posted : 11/13/2008 5:24:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If one was willing to put in a tiny bit more effort, I heard my penguin acquaintance did the following and got a rather decent extract: Grind up 20g of seeds to a fine powder (not dehulled). dissolve in 400 mL of naptha, let sit for half an hour shaking occasionally. After the powder's settled, filter it out, save it, and toss the naptha. Mix an equal volume of Sodium Carbonate (Lime'll probably work just as well) and add enough water to form a thin paste (almost a slurry). This took roughly 20 mL of water for me. Let dry (you probably could use an oven set to 150 F as per 69ron's tek). Regrind, and dissolve in 400 mL of acetone. Shake up, and let settle (should take a minute at most) and filter the acetone into a shallow glass pan, throw away the solids. Evap the acetone.

My antarctican friend got her seeds from BBB, and they seem to be the same batch that gave 69ron's friend issues. The result for her was a tar-textured rusty brown substance, with this yellowish oil 69ron mentioned. A piece about the size of grain of rice was very effective, albeit some nausea throughout. The effects were not apparently aztec imagery (sharp and right-angle-y) in appearance, but very flow-y and yellow/blue. She says this could be due to contamination from the other alkaloids, though.

flyboy
#5 Posted : 11/13/2008 5:53:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim extracted some using columbrina for the firs time last night but only got nasea, slight headache, and god-awful terrible taste.

It struck him this morning he used the glass bubbler that he uses for spice, was that a wrong, might that not have gotten hot enough? What is the best method for smoking seeds, extract etc. Does bufo require a direct flame?

Should the extracted powder look the same as the snuff or more sparkly? Swim noticed the extract had some slight glitter to it.

Will try another extract today as above suggestion, he blew through it all trying to obtain effects.

Entropymancer
#6 Posted : 11/13/2008 6:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

What extraction method did you use? If you used the one you talked about in your first post, that'd be the reason you got nausea.

The result of the extraction shouldn't look anything like the snuff. If you used the process from your first post, your product should have been a dark gunky substance that was left behind when the acetone evaporated. If you used 69Ron's tek, then the product should be an amber powder (or a stickier amber goo, depending on the seeds you started with).

Have you tried smoking the seeds by themselves (either before or after treating them with lime) to make sure there's a decent amount of bufotenine in there? Seed potency varies a lot.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 11/13/2008 7:28:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Is there a way of testing seed quality? Are there vendors who consistently sell high quality seeds? or is it more of a gamble?

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/13/2008 9:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what about washing yopo snuff with alcohol and then evapping^?

SpasticSpaz
#9 Posted : 11/14/2008 8:23:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How important is finely grinding the seeds before extraction? In the first batch, the seeds were ground to a flour like size, however she finds grinding tedious (there are no coffee grinders in alaska). If she could get just as good results with a coarser grind, she would save a LOT of time.

69ron
#10 Posted : 11/15/2008 1:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not that important to finely grind them. The seeds are pretty easy to extract and making a powder out of them is not necessary. Finely ground seeds clog filters more and don’t yield much more than coarsely ground seeds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#11 Posted : 11/15/2008 1:25:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Is there a way of testing seed quality? Are there vendors who consistently sell high quality seeds? or is it more of a gamble?

Yes. Smoke 1 seed. If the seeds are of good quality, that’s enough for both visual and auditory hallucinations. If 1 seed doesn’t do anything, you’re seeds are crap.

SWIM has had seeds that weren’t active, seeds that were super active, and everywhere in between.

Some seeds really make you sick. Others are nearly side effect free (the extremely potent ones).

SWIM has purchased seeds from various sources and has not yet found a source that is consistent in quality.

If there’s a vendor that consistently sells high quality seeds, please post about them!

flyboy
#12 Posted : 11/27/2008 1:46:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SpasticSpaz wrote:
How important is finely grinding the seeds before extraction? In the first batch, the seeds were ground to a flour like size, however she finds grinding tedious (there are no coffee grinders in alaska). If she could get just as good results with a coarser grind, she would save a LOT of time.

swim keeps them in the plastic bag and pounds them with a small hammer on his cement balcony for a few minutes and they end up powdered as powdered can be.... no mess, no fuss, no equipment.

lorax
#13 Posted : 11/27/2008 3:45:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just use a electric coffee grinder. works really good. powders 100g of seeds in like 10 seconds.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)