We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
three months of "shingles" Options

SWIMfriend
#21 Posted : 6/27/2011 6:19:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
it has been tested. The water that comes from the spring is tested regularily becasue it comes out of all the drinking fountains in the park as well. Contamination from civilization I am not worried about because the water comes out of the cascades..no development to contaminate it.

Surface contamination I dont think is possible here becasue I get the water right at the source where it comes up from way deep underground. It does not sit in a large spot an pool..it bubbles up from the ground in the rocks and flows off into a stream right away.

OK, I originally thought you were talking about small "natural springs," i.e., a small spring you can find yourself in mountainous areas (that maybe nobody has drank from in 300 years). You're talking about large "official" springs. I'm sure they're tested for heavy metal contamination.

I once lived in the woods in upstate NY, and used a small natural spring. Great water, but it was sometimes subject to a bit of ground contamination. In big mountain areas (like the Cascades) one must realize that heavy metals are a possible contaminant--one could find a small spring with delicious tasting water, and actually be drinking a swill high in cadmium and arsenic...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#22 Posted : 6/27/2011 6:27:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah, hikers and mountain bikers drink from this spring alot..and since it goes to all the fountains in the park and washrooms I think any contamination would be found quickly and people would be notified.

I take bentonite clay in small doses in the morning in water as well..and I found tons of clay on the side of a cliff when hiking in the mountains a few days ago. I know people do use wild clay but I want to get that tested maybe before I take any of it. I dunno why kind of metals and sediments could be in clay..
Long live the unwoke.

SWIMfriend
#23 Posted : 6/27/2011 6:39:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I don't wish to scare you. But yes, things like mercury, cadmium, arsenic, lead, and chromium are abundant in nature. Even necessary metals, if taken in larger than needed doses, can be very toxic.

One reason people live longer now than hundreds of years ago is BASIC HEALTH CONTROLS we all take for granted--water testing being an important one.

flutterbi
#24 Posted : 7/21/2011 7:45:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey guys sorry for dissapearing for so long but my laptop got a virus and is DOA. I got the results of the biopsy back and its a form of exema nothing a little cream didn't fix my Dr says its stress related which doesnt suprise me a bit. so all's well that ends well. thank you everyone for your wisdome and help. flutterbi<3

MelCat
#25 Posted : 7/21/2011 7:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you're feeling better flutterbi! I hope your laptop feels better soon as well <3
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

PREV12