We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Reducing nausea from serotonergenic psychedelics - Essential lemon oil! Options

Eluna
#1 Posted : 7/21/2011 5:35:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have recently found through a bit of searching that theres recently a discovery in this field.

Essential lemon oil contains beta-pinene, which is a 5-ht3 antagonist.

5-ht3 is responsible for generating the nausea/vomit feelings/actions in your body. And serotonergenic psychedelics are agonists for this receptor. as well as other 5-ht receptors which cause the psychedelic effects.

From reports - reducing the antagonism on the 5-ht3 receptor does not quell the psychedelic effects.

Apparently - through all accounts, 5-10 drops of essential lemon oil (food grade, not fragrance grade) is enough to put a complete stop to the nausea from shrooms, yopo, dmt etc.

I'm going to be testing it with mescaline in 2 weeks and will let you all know how it goes.

Apparently beta-pinene is what ginger root contains, however essential lemon oil contains much more.

Rather then taking a pharmecutical 5-ht3 antagonist that also has antihistamine effects which could affect the trip, i feel fine taking a lemon oil extract which just affects 5-ht3 and doesnt have other psychoactive side effects.

Most of what ive written here is just what ive researched in the last few hours so please research it yourself as i may have made some mistakes.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 7/21/2011 5:59:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not supply some links that you think are useful, to help us get a head start in looking into this...?

nen888
#3 Posted : 7/21/2011 6:09:37 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..interesting, thanks..a few people i know would agree that lemon juice increases nausea.
DMT freebase itself can lead to nausea/purging (in sufficient amounts), depending on the individual, as can many food residues.
i don't think over-acidifying the stomach would be a good thing...

Eluna
#4 Posted : 7/21/2011 7:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, its actually the essential oil, its not the lemon juice your really going for. Its only 5 drops or so.

The aim isnt over acidifying - its the extract of lemon that contains concentrated actives - in this case, beta-pinene,(the same thing that makes ginger reduce nausea) but in a much more reliable/concentrated form.

Some links:
http://forums.mycotopia....ger-treating-nausea.html
http://forums.mycotopia....like-effects-orally.html
http://herbs.maxforum.or...e-effect-than-ginger-fo/
http://herbs.maxforum.or...ial-oil-using-it-safely/

Seraph
#5 Posted : 7/21/2011 12:06:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..interesting, thanks..a few people i know would agree that lemon juice increases nausea.
DMT freebase itself can lead to nausea/purging (in sufficient amounts), depending on the individual, as can many food residues.
i don't think over-acidifying the stomach would be a good thing...

Over-acidifying could easily be resolved by diluting the oil with water, maybe the pH of lemon oil is 3, add water to this and the pH goes to 5, problem solved. The pH of Coca Cola is 4 so anything with a pH over 4 and under 7 is usually safe to drink.

Freebase DMT is sometimes converted into DMT citrate by putting freebase DMT in orange juice, freebase DMT could possibly be converted into a salt by putting it in water with essential lemon oil in it. The pH would have to be checked, if the pH doesn't manage to go down to 4 a small amount of lemon juice could be used to make the pH reach 4. This could be an anti-nausea pharmahuasca variant, as long as you take an MAOI before you drink your solution of course. Smile

InLaKesh
#6 Posted : 7/21/2011 1:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting !
will definitely add ginger (or lemon oil) to my next mushroom tea Smile

Eluna: i am really interrested in why and how you think an anti-histamine effect could affect the trip ?

thx
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Eluna
#7 Posted : 7/21/2011 2:40:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just remember reading that antagonists like dramamine and others can affect the trip (just peoples reports), and i also wanted a natural and reliable method instead of pharmecutical basically

Eluna
#8 Posted : 7/28/2011 3:12:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i shall be trying this this weekend with mescaline. will update you all

gibran2
#9 Posted : 7/28/2011 3:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Seraph wrote:
Over-acidifying could easily be resolved by diluting the oil with water, maybe the pH of lemon oil is 3, add water to this and the pH goes to 5, problem solved. The pH of Coca Cola is 4 so anything with a pH over 4 and under 7 is usually safe to drink.

I haven’t studied chemistry in many years, but doesn’t pH apply only to ionic compounds that dissociate in water? Isn’t pH the negative log of the hydronium ion (H3O+) concentration? pH does not apply to oils.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Orion
#10 Posted : 7/28/2011 4:01:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline would be the best to try it with, possibly more people seem to have problems when ingesting cacti, are you using pure mescaline or cactus material ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

#11 Posted : 7/28/2011 4:43:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely looking forward to some more feedback on this. I'm anxious to try this essential lemon oil out; maybe I won't get the 'motion' sickness.
Love, Light, Peace

The elves have found a new way to say 'hooray'

Eluna
#12 Posted : 7/29/2011 10:33:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

have also put 5 drops onto 2.5g dried doses of cubensis, a few people will be having these so ill get feedback regarding body load/nausea as well.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 7/29/2011 10:45:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds interesting about lemon oil, its def worth a try. Im also curious eluna regarding your nausea with mescaline, is this with crude cactus preparation or also with pure alkaloids?

Ginger also contains a 5HT-3 inhibitor called Galanolactone. The issue is that it is NOT water soluble so its no use doing a tea with ginger and straining it, you must consume the ginger pieces.

Seraph, I dont understand what you said here: "Freebase DMT is sometimes converted into DMT citrate by putting freebase DMT in water". No, DMT would only turn into citrate if mixed with citric acid solution (like a bit of lemon juice), pure water will not turn it into citrate.

Eluna
#14 Posted : 7/29/2011 11:13:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be testing it on 15" of bridgesii tea'd using the chunk simmer reduce method.

5 people will each be consuming this much along with 5 drops of lemon oil in the tea (will be about a shot glass amount)

Dorge
#15 Posted : 7/29/2011 12:47:07 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Fantastic! Swim has a 20liter Floragenics essential oil still... And a myer lemon bush.... Heheh! The yeild of lemon oil from the skins is high.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

BabyGodFetus
#16 Posted : 7/31/2011 8:10:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I'm glad I found this topic, because I was actually about to post something about lemon oil myself.

Yes its true, lemon oil does work very well and it blocks the nausea and actually enhances the psychedelic experience. SWIM has done this with his past 3 shroom trips and it has consistently given great and positive trips everytime, SWIM will never shroom again without it.

SWIM has tripped many times before using lemon oil, and SWIM always had a low grade nausea feeling that was annoying and his trips always had a negative aspect to them, like it was a crazy shroom feeling, and the buzz always reminded SWIM that he ate shrooms. At higher doses it would trigger the vomit reflex. If SWIM could concentrate he could feel the constant nausea underlying all of the shroom's effects.

However, on lemon oil there is no nausea feeling at all, no matter how hard he concentrates. His stomach feels great and his body feels better than ever. He doesn't have to be annoyed by that constant sick feeling so he can go deeper and enjoy his trips more. He is not sure but he thinks it takes away the shroom feeling and replaces it with a different, better psychedelic buzz, he feels like he is sober and tripping at the same time - it seems like it makes it less entheogenic and more recreational.

So to test it out, on friday SWIM took a light dose (2 grams) without the lemon oil to see if it was different. He started to get that crazy, creepy yet euphoric mushroom feeling that he used to get on his trips without lemon oil and that nausea feeling. He chickened out and gave in and took the lemon oil. The nausea and the crazy shroom feeling went away and was replaced by the positive, psychedelic buzz that is not reminiscent of shrooms at all.

I urge other people to try this experiment out and see if their results coincide with SWIM's, because I really think the lemon oil positively enhances the buzz in some way. If u guys ever do try it please post it here and tell us how it affected u.

But yea, I highly recommend lemon oil.

BabyGodFetus
#17 Posted : 7/31/2011 8:16:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh and Eluna, since u guys are using cactus tea there is still some alkaloids in there that cause nausea by themselves along with the mescaline, and those other alkaloids may or may not affect the serotonin system, so don't be surprised if u still feel nauseous. A more reliable test would be to try mescaline by itself, just my 2 cents.

Seraph
#18 Posted : 7/31/2011 7:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Sounds interesting about lemon oil, its def worth a try. Im also curious eluna regarding your nausea with mescaline, is this with crude cactus preparation or also with pure alkaloids?

Ginger also contains a 5HT-3 inhibitor called Galanolactone. The issue is that it is NOT water soluble so its no use doing a tea with ginger and straining it, you must consume the ginger pieces.

Seraph, I dont understand what you said here: "Freebase DMT is sometimes converted into DMT citrate by putting freebase DMT in water". No, DMT would only turn into citrate if mixed with citric acid solution (like a bit of lemon juice), pure water will not turn it into citrate.

LOL, that was a mistake I was supposed to write 'orange juice' and not water.

The Day Tripper
#19 Posted : 8/5/2011 12:33:09 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I would like to express many many thanks to eluna for this discovery first and foremost.

Lemon essential oil indeed is a powerful anti-nausea solution to dealing with serotonegenic nausea. I tried it today with 100mg of a mix of mescaline and dmt fumarates along with 130mg of harmala hcl and 40mg of thh. I took approx 1ml of lemon oil, and that was prob a little more than necessary. Funny story with that mescalito/dmt mix, but ill save it for another day.

Lemon essential oil Works very well as described and i feel it also helps reduce some of the nausea that harmalas exhibit. Added a certain and discernible brightness and something else to the experience. Feels familiar to the lemon balm i use daily for my nerves and thyroid issues.

I got my oil, therapeutic grade from

http://www.anandaapothecary.com/

and would recommend this source to anyone. Fast shipping and no issues at all with my transaction.

Their oil is Cold pressed from organic lemons, and has the most wonderful smell. I wonder if trying to infuse some herbs (cannabis) with a bit of lemon essence could enhance the high. Being they share some terpenoids that could complex well. I'm thinking a drop or two on a paper towel into the bag for a few days could be a good place to start.

anyway, just wanted to chime in and offer my expire with lemon oil.

I will be using it every time i trip now, it has so much to offer to the experience and definitely reduces the nausea/bodyload imho.

Thanks again eluna.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

jamie
#20 Posted : 8/5/2011 1:40:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would like to try it with bufotenine. Bufotenine can have some horrible nausea..

With ayahuasca I dont get too much nausea..I sort of like the spinning sickness I do get from ayahuasca..I associate that spinning in the void sensation that comes with large doses of harmalas with the peak visions..it seems to create some of them by adding a dis-equilibrium that puts me in a sort of dreamy OBE state..I wonder if the lemon oil would block some of that and lessen the peak visions? I think some natives have the same word for the sickness and the peak visions and dont distinguish between them..I guess what I a saying is I wonder what other role those seratonin receptors the lemon oil blocks have on certain experiences, besides just nausea? Can blocking them also reduce some other desired effects?

For bufotenine though lessening the nausea would be ideal..I would try anything with it that could lessen it as long as its not going to effect my health in a negative way.
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT