We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT In The News Options

bassmethod
#1 Posted : 7/16/2011 3:09:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just an agglomeration of DMT arrests/lab busts that if you haven't already
read, you might find them informative. Feel free to post additional news
articles, as I'm sure I've missed some. After all, this is the Nexus.

Quote:
Police said the lab was created to manufacture the drug dimethyltryptamine, also known as DMT, a powerful hallucinogen.

June 11, 2011 - Salamanca
http://www.buffalonews.c...n-tier/article451395.ece

Quote:
After wading through the marijuana smoke, Comstock said he and fellow officers found what appeared to be a well-developed mescaline and dimethyltryptamine lab. Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT as it is commonly called, and mescaline are psychedelic drugs, Comstock said.

April 24, 2011 - Oklahoma
http://www.ocolly.com/po...e-in-drug-bust-1.2163769

Quote:
This week, customs agents in New Zealand stopped an 18kg shipment of dimethyltryptamine into the country, Radio New Zealand reported.

March 18, 2011 - New Zealand
http://www.thepopulation...D=164&PostCategory=8
(If I remember right, this article actually misrepresents the 18kg of MHRB, which is the correct substance arrested for, as DMT.)

Quote:
The three men were arrested after an investigation into a Harbin Hall dorm room thought to have been used to produce methamphetamine -- a lab that, upon further investigation, was revealed to be used to produce DMT.

October 04, 2010 - Georgetown, Texas
http://www.nbcwashington...niversity-105593348.html
http://www.washingtoncit...makers-in-criminal-hell/
http://www.washingtoncit...-kept-real-dmt-fake-pot/
http://www.scribd.com/do...-Smith-Charging-Docs1025 - Scanned Criminal Complaint Documents

Quote:
Police arrested Patrick Rraylor who they say had about 8 grams of Dmethyltryptamine also known as DMT.

March 05, 2010 - Vicksburg, Mississippi (with video)
http://www2.wjtv.com/new...on_a_new_dru-ar-1192413/

Quote:
Police got a tip about a month ago that a methamphetamine lab was at the house, but further investigation led police to believe that it was actually an acid lab.

May 28, 2009 - Connecticut (with video)
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/..._haven_drug_lab_20090528

Quote:
Investigators sized undetermined quantities of the designer drugs DOC and DOI, sometimes called molly paper on the street.

January 27, 2009 - North Carolina
http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=5678
(Apparently, citizen-times removed this article. Cannot find it anywhere.)

Quote:
"The seizure of DMT is a warning shot across our bow," said State Police Colonel Rick Fuentes Thursday of the 11/2 pounds of Dimethyltryptamine seized.

January 19, 2009 - Newark, New Jersey
http://www.nj.com/news/j...997046210.xml&coll=3

Quote:
The clandestine drug lab allegedly operated for at least the past six months in a house on Fredro Street, in the Clinton- Bailey area, said Dale Kasprzyk, a Buffalo supervisor of the U. S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

November 20, 2008 - Western New York
http://www.buffalonews.c...coming/article128381.ece

Quote:
DMT resembles traditional methamphetamine labs, and one of the main ingredients used to make the drug is found in a rare tree root.

April 23, 2008
http://www.wwmt.com/news...emo-1348747-lab-dmt.html

Quote:
A local couple stands accused of manufacturing DMT - an illegal, hallucinogenic drug that officials have compared to LSD - with ingredients and instructions obtained via the Internet.

January 18, 2007 - Fulton
http://dmt.tribe.net/thr...d-4d10-8d6c-479b1d75882f

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Steely
#2 Posted : 7/16/2011 4:00:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, interesting idea. DMT will always somehow make the news, it is a nice idea to have a collection of articles; good thread.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

easyrider
#3 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's disheartening reading and seeing all these arrests. In the Connecticut bust, the lieutenant called DMT the "45 minute psychosis," and estimated it to be several hundred thousand dollars. In the beginning of the news article, they called it an acid lab. I don't know how much misinformation I can handle...
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

SWIMfriend
#4 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exciting exploits of brave and proud drug warriors!

christian
#5 Posted : 7/16/2011 8:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps the scariest of them all was the supposed 18kilos of DMT that the New Zealand post stated the guy was sending. When he actually RECIEVED 18 kilos of Mimosa Hostilis. A later report said that it was smuggled in nail varnish bottles!!

- It is scary how the Media , Police , and authorities can be so misinformed about stuff like this that they should be well aware of. And reporting like the above is just complete lies , and total misinterpretation of the facts. I wonder what happened to on_bail, i hope he got released.Surprised
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

ms_manic_minxx
#6 Posted : 7/16/2011 8:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, considering the threat an educated, self-extracting Pleased DMT user poses to himself or surroundings is basically -nil-...

If you're writing that newspaper article, you have to make something up. Confused

It is useful to have a collection of articles, though, just to be aware of how people are being arrested, how stories are being portrayed, and how we can learn to make better mental notes of conducting our own affairs.

And, finally, we can keep these newspaper clippings to show them to our children and say, "And back in the day, THIS is what they used to do when psychedelic drugs were ILLEGAL!" (And everyone will gasp, unable to imagine such a thing. Pleased )
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Seraph
#7 Posted : 7/16/2011 11:42:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Well, considering the threat an educated, self-extracting Pleased DMT user poses to himself or surroundings is basically -nil-...

If you're writing that newspaper article, you have to make something up. Confused

It is useful to have a collection of articles, though, just to be aware of how people are being arrested, how stories are being portrayed, and how we can learn to make better mental notes of conducting our own affairs.

And, finally, we can keep these newspaper clippings to show them to our children and say, "And back in the day, THIS is what they used to do when psychedelic drugs were ILLEGAL!" (And everyone will gasp, unable to imagine such a thing. Pleased )

Things are going to get worse, not better, I think the war on drugs will continue for at least another 50 years. In Scotland people are terrified of the word 'heroin', if anyone says anything about heroin everyone looks terrified but if you talk about any other drug like cocaine, cannabis or DMT is as angry but they are still angry at you. Maybe the war on drugs will progress to the point where the average person will wet themselves on hearing the word 'drugs'.

EquaL Observer
#8 Posted : 7/16/2011 12:51:14 PM

Ross

I'm not sure Seraph... compared to 20 years ago it seems there are far more people, and even organizations with drug policy reform on mind. Then again it's difficult to see it happening so soon whilst the world has all these bigger problems... we're definitely on track anyway.

The worst part of all the misinformation and dramatization in these cases is the fact that they can get away with saying anything they want because few people who read it will have the knowledge to question it..
Your depth is your integrity

Ice
#9 Posted : 7/16/2011 3:25:41 PM
silently awaiting

Quote:
In Scotland people are terrified of the word 'heroin', if anyone says anything about heroin everyone looks terrified but if you talk about any other drug like cocaine, cannabis or DMT is as angry but they are still angry at you. Maybe the war on drugs will progress to the point where the average person will wet themselves on hearing the word 'drugs

So in the world of Harry Potter, Voldemort is heroin, and other drugs are the deatheaters. I guess Harry would be whiskey?
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

BananaForeskin
#10 Posted : 7/18/2011 2:21:53 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Ice wrote:
Quote:
In Scotland people are terrified of the word 'heroin', if anyone says anything about heroin everyone looks terrified but if you talk about any other drug like cocaine, cannabis or DMT is as angry but they are still angry at you. Maybe the war on drugs will progress to the point where the average person will wet themselves on hearing the word 'drugs

So in the world of Harry Potter, Voldemort is heroin, and other drugs are the deatheaters. I guess Harry would be whiskey?

One does like a bit of whiskey...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Dorge
#11 Posted : 7/18/2011 4:42:43 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Indeed one does...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

HermeticShaman
#12 Posted : 7/19/2011 7:10:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To echo other posters, I simply cringe at the level of disinformation. I like that figure that stated that the kid who got caught with 8 grams was in possession of "$3200" of this "dangerous drug". Not to get into discussing what anything ought to cost, but how the hell did they come up with this figure? It's completely absurd.

It's ridiculous. Just because DMT's properties and effects are extremely powerful does not mean it poses any real risk to responsible and informed users. But I digress..
"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

PlainCoil
#13 Posted : 7/20/2011 9:57:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, the vicksburg, miss. case with the news video was unfortunate to say the least.

I have to admit though, I cracked up laughing when the cop said he believed DMT was probably going to replace crystal meth...

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 7/21/2011 1:16:06 AM

John Murdoch IV

easyrider wrote:
....I don't know how much misinformation I can handle...

Same here. I just can't read this crap. Makes me annoyed.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Ellis D'Empty
#15 Posted : 7/21/2011 1:34:15 AM

Snirfneblin

Wow, did not know there were so many....

Makes me lose so much hope in humanity Sad

It makes me sad...

I mean.... Come on!

Hallucinogens are the worst of the worst, they cost more than crystal meth and are more dangerous than everything combined, even though they have no recorded deaths and are actually probably the 'cheapest' on the market (I wouldn't know personally but I would guess after reading some of the comments) Pleased

*Sigh* Kind of wish I had a magic lamp and 3 wishes now....
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

DMT Psychonaut
#16 Posted : 7/21/2011 5:06:19 AM

Witness to Humanity

Wow that's so weird because earlier today I was just remember reading about that Georgia campus bust and I read that around the time it happened which was before I was a member here. So I was thinking about bringing it up. Looks like you beat me to it Wink
Disclaimer:

All these thoughts,
words arranged in this message,
come from the Tao
and return to the Tao.
Yet they do not touch it.
Each of us will perceive the message,
Yet to each our own interpretation.

I'll see you when the river meets us