We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
For FAQ's Sake... Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 8/3/2012 5:10:13 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

This thread has been created due to a spike in questions that are easily answerable just by reading the FAQ, wiki, major threads, etc. Doing the proper research and taking the time to actually read through the vast amount of well-indexed information are part and parcel of extracting and working with these plants and chemicals and have been major pieces of the Nexus backbone since time immemorial (or at least since its creation).

Any thread that a moderator deems to be easily answerable by using the FAQ/Wiki or doing basic research will be moved to this thread. If your thread winds up here, please take the time to do some research on the subject matter presented in your post. If after doing that research questions still remain, feel free to ask, but please take the time to do the research.

NOTE: If you find that your posts are repeatedly being moved to this thread, it is highly recommended that you take the time to read through the FAQ and other major Wiki articles as well as the stickied threads relevant to your questions before you continue to post.

Thanks Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

purple_dye
#2 Posted : 8/3/2012 3:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great Idea!

Kudos on the title. Made me chuckle a wee bit. Razz

<3
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

tony
#3 Posted : 8/3/2012 4:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do whatever the tek you are following says. If you are not following a tek I'd suggest going to the wiki and finding one.

I don't think there is any particular naphtha:water ratio. the ratio would be mimosa:naphtha. Some people use vastly different amount of water for the same amount of mimosa, so amount of water and amount of naphtha aren't particularly related.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

anrchy
#4 Posted : 8/3/2012 6:44:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea snozz, it was starting to get kind of ridiculous. Especially when someone would state how they had done "so much research" yet had simple questions that I know have been answered a thousand times.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 8/3/2012 6:56:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Digest Yourself wrote:
By water I mean the aquas layer. The mimosa/lye/water...

I just want to know if it's ok to use less nap.

I'd think 1ml:2g is ok.

From a 1/2 lb mix doing 5 pulls ending up with 500ml of nap verse 1L.

My separatory funnel is 1000ml. I don't want to max it out and be unable to do my wash in it.

Sorry if I'm pissing people off by posting in the wrong areas.

No worries Smile

Feel free to use less naphtha...but your yield might be somewhat effected. What I would suggest is pulling with the amount you feel will fit in your sep funnel, save your aqueous basified mhrb and then once you've measured your yield, figure out if it's acceptable or not and if it's not, pull some more.

I don't do the wash, I think it's unnecessary...re-x works great.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Frogbutt
#6 Posted : 8/5/2012 2:21:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just asking a lazy ? for shits N giggles, lets say I have a 5 gallon container with 3 gallons of base in it..... Normally id pull 4 or 5 times at least using up a gallon of naphtha, but would just one pull with the entire gallon poured in be significantly less effective if agitated for a decent amount of time if im not necessarily trying to be conservative with my NPS?

MagicalOrangutan
#7 Posted : 8/6/2012 3:46:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MagicalOrangutan wrote:
1. When you add the acidic water to the root bark, what PH should the acidic water be, or what range of temperature is acceptable?

2. I don't have a crock pot, but I do have a pyrex dish and stove top; can I put the mimosa/acidic water solution on the stove top and boil it for X minutes, then let simmer for X minutes? How should I do the acid extraction on a stove top?

3. I have pre powdered bark, so after cooking for a while on the stovetop, should I put everything in the dish in a glass jar, then decant everything on top and put the sludge at the bottom back in, and repeat as mentioned in the tek?

4. After I put the basic water in the vinegar solution, what PH should this mimosa extract/vinegar/lye/water solution be? When I read "basify to 13", that does mean neutralize the acidic water, then make it more and more basic till it's 13, right? Making sure "13" doesn't refer to the PH of the basic water that you're adding to the acidic extract.

Thanks. Stoned for the first time in a while, so sorry if this doesn't make that much sense

Ancotar wrote:
Hello!

I personally have not attempted the Marsofold process yet, but have a couple of suggestions, but anyone else with more experience please step in and correct if need be!

For the acidic water to the root bark, I suggest a pH of 4. I would also suggest to stay at 110 degress farenheit or below.

For the absence of a crock pot, I do not see why a stove would not work. Just be sure to stir constantly and make sure the mix maintains a good simmer.

I believe when the tek calls for you to basify the solution to a pH of 13, that would be everything as a whole, not just the water or another element.

When extracting the naphtha from your jug/mason jar, I would first follow what is suggestedi n the tek, and then make adjustments from there.

Just a reminder, when working with the naphtha, make sure to be away from the stove and other sources of ignition!

To all, as I mentioned before, I have nto done this tek, these are suggestions based on my reading research alone! Please interject if needed.

Thanks for the directly relevant response, Ancotar. Most of my qualms are with the details of the polar extraction part. I just need to know what temperature(s) to keep the mimosa/vinegar solution, what PH that solution should be, and what to do about the fact that it's powdered bark, and how to re-cook it (youre supposed to do that 2-3 times).

Most of these online teks don't provide real numbers, as in, what PH should X solution be, what temperature etc. Or at least they don't provide as much detail as is needed to guarantee success. Or come as close to guaranteeing success as possible.

dang I wish more people knew the correct numbers for these things..I assumed there were more people here that would know this stuff, being The DMT Nexus, after all..

S.w.I.m.C.j.
#8 Posted : 8/6/2012 6:54:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

All I have is a home made bong, which has a wrench socket bowl with a screen, which is

coated with MJ resin. Would I be able to put the spice by itself in the bowl and vape it

without touching the flame to it? Or should i put maybe some... oregano(?) in the bottom and

putting the spice on top so it doesn't run? What would be my best bet?
Never give into astonishment....

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 8/6/2012 3:13:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

MagicalOrangutan wrote:
1. When you add the acidic water to the root bark, what PH should the acidic water be, or what range of temperature is acceptable?

2. I don't have a crock pot, but I do have a pyrex dish and stove top; can I put the mimosa/acidic water solution on the stove top and boil it for X minutes, then let simmer for X minutes? How should I do the acid extraction on a stove top?

3. I have pre powdered bark, so after cooking for a while on the stovetop, should I put everything in the dish in a glass jar, then decant everything on top and put the sludge at the bottom back in, and repeat as mentioned in the tek?

4. After I put the basic water in the vinegar solution, what PH should this mimosa extract/vinegar/lye/water solution be? When I read "basify to 13", that does mean neutralize the acidic water, then make it more and more basic till it's 13, right? Making sure "13" doesn't refer to the PH of the basic water that you're adding to the acidic extract.

Thanks. Stoned for the first time in a while, so sorry if this doesn't make that much sense

You probably haven't gotten much response because most of this information is easily found with some basic research.

1. It's not a big deal...something fairly acidic is enough, some people don't use acid and say they get results.
2. Yes...and the same as you would in a crockpot...
3. Sure
4. "Basify to 13 " refers to the aqueous mhrb solution.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

S.w.I.m.C.j.
#10 Posted : 8/6/2012 10:55:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump
Never give into astonishment....

arctic research
#11 Posted : 8/7/2012 3:44:16 PM

Maybe someday we'll all be trees.

Through a fairly extensive tour through extraction teks available on the web, I've found some that seem do-able for a fairly green chemist such as myself. Most start with a fairly large amount of plant material. My question is: can these be scaled-down with no problems? Is it a matter of simple math, or are there problems I should be aware of drastically scaling down the tek.

Coastal_Shaman
#12 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:09:21 PM

"That Guy"

arctic research wrote:
Through a fairly extensive tour through extraction teks available on the web, I've found some that seem do-able for a fairly green chemist such as myself. Most start with a fairly large amount of plant material. My question is: can these be scaled-down with no problems? Is it a matter of simple math, or are there problems I should be aware of drastically scaling down the tek.

Absolutely. The key here is as you said, "scaling down". Do the math correctly down to scale and everything will be successful. Do the wrong math and the results may not be what's desired. For example if you are going to try a half sized extraction, use half of everything you would have normally used etc..

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Purges
#13 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:21:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Go for it, but IMO there's notr much point doing less than 50g MHRB.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

bigj43454
#14 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:24:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I'm new here so forgive me if this is placed in the wrong spot. I wanted to know an accurate recipe for 100 grams mhrb. As I am a newbie I would like the simplest recipe out there. I prefer one that doesn't involve sodium hydroxide.

As a side note swim heard that you can smoke dmt without defatting and still get a breakthrough. Swim wanted to know if this was true too.

Any help is much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

3rdI
#15 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:39:45 PM

veni, vidi, spici

if you mix your mhrb with some baked beans, then heat, then apply to warmed buttered toast, that is a cracking recipe which involves mhrb and is pretty simple and doesnt use sodium hydroxideRazz

slightly more seriously, read through the extraction teks in the wiki and also through the
General Extractions Help thread and you will get your answers
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

SpaceSeek
#16 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome brother.

Look through the wiki for a tek you would like. Their are many to choose from.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Main_Page
SpaceSeek is a fictional character. Everything posted on this account is for educational and entertainment purposes only. SpaceSeek does not condone the use of any illegal substance. Use of post content from this account without authors said permission is prohibited.

Love,
SpaceSeek

Ice House
#17 Posted : 8/7/2012 4:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

3rdI wrote:
if you mix your mhrb with some baked beans, then heat, then apply to warmed buttered toast, that is a cracking recipe which involves mhrb and is pretty simple and doesnt use sodium hydroxideRazz

slightly more seriously, read through the extraction teks in the wiki and also through the
General Extractions Help thread and you will get your answers

Big grin
lol
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

acrosstheveil
#18 Posted : 8/7/2012 5:05:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i have tried using 100g, 190g, and a pound in a single gallon jug and I think a half pound would be the ideal efficiency/cleanness ratio if you are going to mix it all in a single gallon jug. My last extraction was with a full pound and it pulled way too many brown/orange oils that I ended up throwing at least half of it away due to frustration and mistakes (i.e. spilling naptha). The oils will NEVER separate for me if doing a whole pound in 3000mL.

civre4monkey
#19 Posted : 8/7/2012 6:29:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM knows that heptane rexing will yield a cleaner product, but can he use the hexane solution to wash the xtals in sodium carbonate? It seems that everyone who does a SC wash does it in naphtha, so Im not sure if I can use the hexane for that.

a1pha
#20 Posted : 8/7/2012 6:32:14 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

civre4monkey wrote:
So SWIM knows that heptane rexing will yield a cleaner product, but can he use the hexane solution to wash the xtals in sodium carbonate? It seems that everyone who does a SC wash does it in naphtha, so Im not sure if I can use the hexane for that.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...oes_one_recrystallize.3F
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

123NEXT»