We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Cannabis infused Hemp seed oil Options

۩
#1 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:51:47 PM

What you will need:

-100ml Hemp seed oil
-14g cannabis
-A double boiler set up with oil, not water.
-Cheese cloth
-Amber dropper bottle

Step 1: Grind cannabis as finely as possible.

Step 2: Place cannabis in double boiler and add 100ml hemp seed oil on top.

Step 3: Reflux @ 252F for no longer than 30 minutes. See chart below. At this temperature you can see 27 minutes being peak optimization. A cheap kitchen thermometer works great for this purpose. (Note: Coconut oil has been said to break down faster by the human body and therefore could possibly be used instead if you are looking for a faster hitting infusion)

Step 4: Allow to cool. Filter through cheese cloth and squeeze any remaining oil out of the plant material. If you have a small pyrex measuring cup with a pouring indentation this works really perfect for pouring the oil into the dropper bottle. You can place the spent plant material in a jar and add water before discarding. A minute amount of oil can be sucked off the top and ingested as to not waste anything.

Step 5: Lick your fingers.

Step 6: Put the oil in the dropper bottles, twist sealed, and place in your refrigerator.

1 dropper full has been tested to be potent. I decided to make this because I am a medical marijuana patient and I am sick of the expensive and ineffective tinctures many dispensaries sell.

You can also extract cannabis plant material, like leaves and stems, in ethanol or butane and use this extracted product as your tincture base, instead of ground plant material, because this can be quite expensive for some folks.

I added some hash oil along with the infused oil for good measure along with the buds, as well.

Take 1 dropper when feeling feverish, it will bring your temperature down and also allow your muscles to relax. I find oral cannabis great for the flu as well. Also for helping ease cramps and tension during LSD sessions.

Thanks to bongz and dreamoar042 for the inspiration and help making this a success.
۩ attached the following image(s):
decarboxylationchart_thumb.jpg (16kb) downloaded 786 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 7/11/2011 6:00:37 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Thanx for writing this up!

I'm very happy this recipe has been working out well for you Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

GobblinTorch
#3 Posted : 7/18/2011 4:24:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's worth mentioning that Coconut oil is SOLID at room temperature/in the fridge. Nothing a hot-water bath/sunshine couldn't solve however.

I think I'm going to give this a shot with a half ounce of some cannabis I don't quite like the smoke of. Hemp oil is a little too perishable for me, wheras coconut oil is quite resilient.

Cheers!

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 7/18/2011 3:23:47 PM

Dreamoar

If working with coconut oil, because of the fact it does solidify, you can just dump the oil and the raw herbal material in to a pot of boiling water and let it all boil for 30 mins or so then throw it in the fridge, the oil will come to the top and solidify infused with the medicine, the water layer underneath will filter out extra chlorophyll and such and can just be poured off leaving a big block of of vegan coco-ganja-oil (makes a great vegan butter replacement, especially if the coco oil is mixed 50/50 with some type of vegan margarine such as earth balance). Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Pandora
#5 Posted : 7/18/2011 3:29:27 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Everyone who likes cannabis or who has inflammation or health issues could benefit from this I suspect. Not only is it a good and potent oral "high," but from the moment the hemp seed oil touches the tissues of my mouth, under tongue, down throat, etc, it feels incredibly restorative and medicinal This is the best tincture I've ever tried. My experience isn't huge but I've had a number from dispensaries and a couple from street dealers and a couple I tried myself over the years. This is the one.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

bongz
#6 Posted : 7/18/2011 7:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coconut oil infused is not solid at room temperature from my experience, uninfused is a different story. if its solidifying at room temperature when infused it is likely not fully decarb'd, as decarb'd oil will not solidify.

GobblinTorch
#7 Posted : 7/18/2011 7:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@dreamer042: GOOD CALL! I do that all the time. Lets you really concentrate the oil also (you can use ALOT of weed and VERY LITTLE oil, with the additional volume water allows!!) which actually seems perfect for this tincture.

@Pandora: Tasty! Hemp oil sounds great, I just know I don't use weed orally often and it'd probably go rancid on me .. which would be a shame.

@bongz: I don't think there is any difference decarb'd/not decarb'd. I'll try baking my weed at 240 for half an hour next time I make this tincture and see if you're right. I normally assumed the high smoke point of coconut oil lets you heat it extensively enough just in the pot.
Thus I'm assuming your experience with infused oil not solidifying is completely due to room temperature being high enough to liquify it. Sometimes my coconut oil melts during the summer. I live in British Columbia, Pacific North West. Summers are 17-25 C when this happens. Maybe I'm wrong and your correct, but I don't see how the mere presence of decarboxylated cannabinoids causes coconut oil to remain liquefied at all times ...

I usually do the following:
1-powderise weed
2-cover in water
3-bring to boil
4-turn off heat, add desired quantity of oil
5-let cool 5-10 minutes
6-reheat @ 8/10 heat until bubbling, take off heat
7-repeat step 6 4-8 times.
8-let it cool down at room temperature for 20 min. Put in fridge until oil solidifies.

This is reallllly good for cooking, but I've never used just straight up. The coconut oil takes on a very light green colour and has a very slightly herby flavour. Not really grungy like butter usually is.

bongz
#8 Posted : 7/18/2011 11:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your not decarboxylating cannabinoids your decarbn'g THCA.
"Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive."

I honestly don't know why people insist on using water and fats to extract there cannabis as it as about as inefficient as you could possibly be.

step- 1 extract your weed with a solvent ( 1 of 500000000 ways)

step-2 clean this up if you even give a shit( you probably dont if ur making weed oil the caveman way)

step 3- decarb your concentrate on a double OIL boiler (not water) this will regulate itself to the right temperature for decarbing...do this for 25 minutes.(NO LONGER)

step 4- infuse your oil with a reasonably clean decarb'd concentrate instead of soaking it in some dirty plant

step 5- fill capsules with an eye dropper unless you like things that taste foul (seems like alot of people do)

step 6- get real high and develop a cynical attitude towards everything

step 7 - rant on the nexus

۩
#9 Posted : 7/19/2011 12:56:02 AM

It really is delicious...lol

GobblinTorch
#10 Posted : 7/19/2011 1:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I bet house. The OP has a SOLID recipe. I've never used hemp oil, but I know hemp has a really awesome nutty flavour. From my experience those types of flavour have excellent synergy with cannabis flavours.

I don't even use the coconut oil I mentioned in baked goods. I fry onions and throw them on top of a salad, or add some turmeric and go for a curry. But I'm really curious to make a tincture I can just take a drop of .. that doesn't contain alcohol. The hemp oil you mentioned is great, but I don't think it'd keep to well in 20-30 degrees Celsius without a fridge (camping/road tripping for 2-3weeks). Coco-oil is pretty much non spoil-able.

@bongz: To clarify I don't think anyone is mentioning using water to extract cannabinoids from anything. The point is you can mix coconut oil (or another fat like butter which solidifies when added to the refrigerator) with water and the water only extracts the chlorophyll/gunky nastiness (plus some minor actives) that I'd rather not have in my DELICIOUS and POTENT cannabis coco-oil. Whereas fat is a really efficient extractor of cannabinoids .. since when is it not? You throw the water/oil in the fridge. then you can pick up the chunk of oil with your hands and throw in another container or liquify to put in a bottle (with a funnel .. lick the funnel). Sure you can drop hash oil into oil, heat it up and call it a day, but making hash oil is a bit time-consuming and messy. I have enough solvents in the house relating to DMT and Mescaline, I leave the hexane extractions to other people.

The only thing I really meant to add to this thread is that coconut oil solidifies, even with THCA decarb'd and other cannibinoids extracted into it. If it's the right temperature to be a solid .. it will be a solid. If this isn't the case I apologize for being an idiot.

GobblinTorch
#11 Posted : 7/19/2011 2:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmmm .. I just might try it .. for the record house .. when you say "A double boiler set up with oil, not water." it'd be fine to use a cheaper oil than hemp oil for that part correct?

۩
#12 Posted : 7/19/2011 2:39:31 AM

Yeah you can use any oil like canola oil, it was used for it's heat transferring abilities- It was reccomended to me over water.
You have to be careful not to let the temperature get too high otherwise you are destroying terpenoids. See the chart for moar details ;]

bongz
#13 Posted : 7/19/2011 12:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GobblinTorch wrote:

@bongz:

The only thing I really meant to add to this thread is that coconut oil solidifies, even with THCA decarb'd and other cannibinoids extracted into it. If it's the right temperature to be a solid .. it will be a solid. If this isn't the case I apologize for being an idiot.

perhaps in lower concentrations.

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 7/19/2011 2:53:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

bongz wrote:
GobblinTorch wrote:

@bongz:

perhaps in lower concentrations.

??

Pure virgin coconut oil is a solid at room temp...that's not a "lower concentration."
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

bongz
#15 Posted : 7/19/2011 3:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

room temp is subjective...concentration of thc and cannabanoids to carrier fats.

GobblinTorch
#16 Posted : 7/19/2011 8:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

room temperature is subjective however the melting point of virgin coconut oil is 24 Celcius. hydrogenated coconut oil is 36 Celcius. These figures are taken from wikipedia, but also correspond perfectly with what is happening with the stuff in my kitchen.

bongz
#17 Posted : 7/19/2011 9:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But this still does not take into account the ratio of actives to carrier fats...assuming that your starting with exceptional quality material (bud matter from a well tended crop) your pulling roughly 20%. Closer to 5-15% on trim and lower popcorn , as well as average quality medical weed. So granted your are using 30 grams at 20% = 6 grams of actives compared to how ever many grams of carrier fat it is bound too. this ratio determines the strength of the dosage, and if the concentration is high enough due to the non solidifying nature of decarb'd THC the butter will not re-solidify in my experience. I hope that solves any confusion.

Xt
#18 Posted : 7/20/2011 11:59:17 AM

Cacao butter perhaps? Chocolate could be made with it... i don't know at what point you would decarb the weed tho. Making chocolate raw is ideal.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

dreamer042
#19 Posted : 7/20/2011 4:18:28 PM

Dreamoar

Raw ganja chocolates!!!! Yes please!!!!

Best Idea ever! 10,000 points to XT!

So gonna try this...

maxzar100
#20 Posted : 2/6/2012 3:33:53 AM

Earth Child

To my understanding, the double boiler will only reach the temp of boiling water (212F). By "reflux", are you talking about boiling the water underneath the oil? Sorry if this is a simple question.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

12NEXT