We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trouble With Breakthrough Options

bassmethod
#1 Posted : 7/16/2011 10:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I keep running into the same problem with this. Let me lay it out for you.

I make a nice sandwich of 50 mg of spice breaded with Pau D'Arco.
Loaded into the bowl, I take my position and usually do preparation
breathing routines and fix the immediate surroundings, i.e. music, lights,
background noise. Then, when I feel less anxiety about the upcoming launch,
I light the Pau D'Arco and take deep inhalations. I do this 5-6 times before
I feel the archetypal effects of a Tryptamine compound.

Now here's where I have trouble. I close my eyes and have pretty good visuals.
You know, dancing aerialists playing with colorful balls of light and so on.
However, it's not as intense as I think it should be. And I recall someone
saying that a true breakthrough is one where the CEV's are tantamount to OEV's.
This is just not the case with me. Any advice on how I can improve on this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 7/16/2011 10:55:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

If you need 5-6 inhalations to consume a dose, then breakthrough will be unlikely. Try to take that same dose in 2 or 3 inhalations and you might have better luck.

With a good device such as the GVG, it’s very easy to take a breakthrough dose in a single inhalation, and you can get there with 25mg instead of 50mg. There’s nothing quite like a breakthrough dose inhaled in just a few seconds. Shocked
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Rising Spirit
#3 Posted : 7/17/2011 12:41:38 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

gibran2 wrote:
Try to take that same dose in 2 or 3 inhalations and you might have better luck. There’s nothing quite like a breakthrough dose inhaled in just a few seconds.

Agreed. The first time I smoked Spice, I divided approximately 200mg into 4 small piles on a small mirror. Each portion was 20-25% larger that the previous one. Since it was my first time, I didn't vaporize my DMT, I put it in a glass bowl and stuffed some Mary Jane on top (to muffle the flame of the lighter).

Well the first couple times I loaded a bowl and took one or two very deep inhalations... I only got so far up and failed to reach a complete breakthrough. I knew that there was more to perceive so I continued my ascent with increased curiosity and desire to merge with the force i felt pulling me up. BTW, I waited about an hour and a half between smokes.

By round three, I was no longer able to hold in the plastic tasting smoke. I coughed pretty intensely, however, I was propelled to states very similar to LSD peaks... in a manner of seconds!!! The fourth load was so intense I can't recall actually exhaling. I could taste the burnt plastic so strong I literally gagged and choked out thick spice clouds. But I'm telling you, I was so high I thought I would dissipate into zillions of shimmering particles of light energy. Each point interconnected within the Grid and expanding beyond the boundaries of my mind.

The peak was so powerful I couldn't believe it. I am still uncertain, to this day, if I have ever been so high? Well, there were about a dozen LSD experiences and as many with shrooms but NOTHING to fast, expensive and overpowering. The visuals were inside, outside, EVERYWHERE!!! My immersion into the Clear Light of the Void was self-shattering and more sublime than I have words to fully express. It changed my life for all time (doesn't it always?).

The same goes for Salvia Divinorum. My experiences with Lady Salvia were similar, load-wise. A big hit, held for a long time really sends me!!! Although the reverse tolerance has kept me on my toes trying to figure out just exactly how much is enough and how much is too much. I almost thought I had some kind of natural immunity. A few times voyaging into the Salvinorin Seas, I was completely taken to another dimension, if you know what I mean?

Gulp... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

bassmethod
#4 Posted : 7/17/2011 7:40:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for your replies. I'll most definitely make that stride
and take both of your advice. I have another question actually, I have
not been using screens when smoking the spice. I simply use the layers
of Pau D'Arco to sustain the spices security and provide as barriers
for the flame. Is a screen something that's usually preferred?

Quote:
I was no longer able to hold in the plastic tasting smoke. I coughed pretty intensely

This is something else I find myself acting out. No way to combat it?

gibran2
#5 Posted : 7/17/2011 2:22:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

bassmethod wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. I'll most definitely make that stride
and take both of your advice. I have another question actually, I have
not been using screens when smoking the spice. I simply use the layers
of Pau D'Arco to sustain the spices security and provide as barriers
for the flame. Is a screen something that's usually preferred?

Quote:
I was no longer able to hold in the plastic tasting smoke. I coughed pretty intensely

This is something else I find myself acting out. No way to combat it?

Whether or not you use a screen depends on how coarse your herbs are. If nothing is falling/moving past the bowl, then a screen is not necessary, although a screen wouldn’t hurt. Screens by themselves aren’t very good at holding spice from below or protecting it from flame from above.

The “plastic” taste is an indicator of burned spice. Burned spice can be very harsh. When properly vaporized, there isn’t really any taste at all, and no harshness either.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#6 Posted : 7/17/2011 4:13:33 PM
Explorer

If you truely are interested to visit the hyperspace, I recommend the vaporgenie or glass VG. It's worth the money and if you have a proper mesh screen, you will not fail with 25-35mg. And as stated above, it can deliver it in one hit. Which is for me at least very important, I can't just ignite properly when being at least half in hyperspace.

corpus callosum
#7 Posted : 7/17/2011 6:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Breakthroughs are more likely if you get your dose in you quickly and one hit is best.The GVG is the best implement Ive come across for this; one can easily consume 40mg in one inhalation, and Ive managed 48mg in one breath with it and if I was willing, I reckon more could have been added to this.This vaporises the DMT perfectly and can be a whole different kettle of fish when compared to the bong-sandwich or multiple inhalations approaches.

It is not hard on the airways at all because theres no pyrolysis.

Other options which can make it easier to get it done quick is to infuse onto some leaf.Any leaf is ok;caapi leaf is better due to the harmalas but best of all, IME, is infusing onto a fortified caapi leaf, x11 being fairly traditional here at the Nexus.

PS-If you do go for a GVG then I wouldnt recommend doses above 20-30mg to start, or you may be in for alot more than you wished for!!Shocked Smile
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

bassmethod
#8 Posted : 7/17/2011 7:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a specific kind of GVG recommended by my fellow Nexians?

Glass Sherlock VG

Or

Glass Bat VG

I'm not too worried about the price. My main concern is achieving the mystery of hyperspace.

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 7/17/2011 8:03:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Undoubtedly, the 'Sherlock' is the one to go for and is used by all Nexian GVG afficiandos.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

smokerx
#10 Posted : 7/17/2011 8:16:07 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

corpus callosum wrote:
Undoubtedly, the 'Sherlock' is the one to go for and is used by all Nexian GVG afficiandos.

agree sherlock is the guy Pleased
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

tele
#11 Posted : 7/17/2011 9:28:40 PM
Explorer

Isn't it in every sense obvious which one is better?

smokerx
#12 Posted : 7/17/2011 10:12:42 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

I also had trouble to break through and was seeking help and advise. But than I just stop worry about it. I still have not break through yet but it is not a issue for me any more.The spice is like a new friend to me. you have to know each other before you move to the next step. when I abused it it scared the hell out of me few times and now I have a great respect towards it Smile The experience I have with lower doses is always great and with my new changa mix its is just unbelievable. There is nowhere to rush.Do not be worry about not braking through my friend it will come soon enough. Just learn how to vape properly and yes get some good vaporizer like GVG. Or make your self a good changa blend like me. It is so different from smoking freebase. If you interested I will give you my recipe for changa just PM me
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Global
#13 Posted : 7/17/2011 11:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've vaped a lot of spice, but only about 3% would probably be classified as breakthroughs, and though those 3% are like treasures to me, about 85% of the other sub-breakthrough experiences rank the most precious in my life with about the rest of the 12% being rather medial/boring, usually attained when "chasing the dragon" (the DMT dragon that is Wink )
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tele
#14 Posted : 7/18/2011 9:23:14 AM
Explorer

I find it odd that breakthroughs don't come to some people that often. Because if I load 30mg freebase DMT to GVG with chore boy copper mesh screen and inhale in one HIT, I know I cannot be left into the "middle zone" hanging, but I will have a breakthrough to the spirit domain. Even when I sometimes do sessions, that is, where there are several inhalations, about 30min to 1h separate, they still deliver the breakthrough.

I think the key to this might be:

-GVG
-Copper mesh screen (for me, is absolutely essential, nothing else works as well, I've tried liquid pad, herb bed, screens. THIS IS A MUST)
-ALL IN ONE INHALATION
-Keep the vapor in your lungs at least 5 seconds
-Dosage above 25mg
-Good A/B freebase DMT made with tek such as q21q21's tek, which is as simple as it gets(easier probably than STB)

-Above all, you will enter the domain only when you are SUPPOSED TO, that's how I consider it. Anyway, the matters above help ALOT.

Good luck with your quests for knowledge!