We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
New GVG - The Glass Bat VG Options

soma_seeker
#1 Posted : 7/14/2011 5:48:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexus,

Sorry if this is a re-post (I searched the forums but found nothing pertaining to this), but I just wanted to inform everyone that vaporGenie have started selling a new model of GVG, the 'Glass Bat VG'

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html

Thoughts/comments?....

Paz y amor.
soma5eeker

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Curious...
Perhaps they want a GVG to wholesale. But i don't know...that thing looks sturdy but also tiny ... a better "machine". I want the real GVG ...or no GVG at all.

soma_seeker
#3 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeh, this was the kind of feedback I was expecting.

They don't mention that they require signature on arrival for this one, maybe they will be more reasonable about where they are willing to post it as well....

gibran2
#4 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:17:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I see two problems: First, it looks like you have to remove the ceramic filter/diffuser every time you want to load the device. Too much handling!
Second, if you’re using a metal mesh disc, the angle of the bowl when in use would mean things tend to fall out.

I’ll stick with the “Glass Sherlock VG” (what a name Rolling eyes ).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:35:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

gibran2 wrote:
I see two problems: First, it looks like you have to remove the ceramic filter/diffuser every time you want to load the device. Too much handling!

Do you? I thought that was why it has the metal door...so you can slide it open, insert product, close and vape.

Angle would still seem to be an issue, though.

Might be a neat portable vg, especially for changa if not freebase...won't know 'til someone tries it Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#6 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

Do you? I thought that was why it has the metal door...so you can slide it open, insert product, close and vape.

Angle would still seem to be an issue, though.

Might be a neat portable vg, especially for changa if not freebase...won't know 'til someone tries it Wink

Ahh... A metal door. I didn't notice that when I first looked at the pics.

I suppose if you're lying flat on your back when using it, that the angle problem wouldn't be a problem. Wink
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

owsley
#7 Posted : 7/14/2011 6:53:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks neat, too bad I already have the sherlock GVG. If the reviews turn out to be good I'll be picking this up as a portable piece.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

soma_seeker
#8 Posted : 7/16/2011 4:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps the shorter length of this model will make the vapor significantly warmer/harsher to smoke?...

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:42:32 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

How short is it? The only specs I could see was the weight.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#10 Posted : 7/16/2011 6:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bet there's less condensation on the glass than with the "sherlock" GVG.

tele
#11 Posted : 7/16/2011 8:44:52 PM
Explorer

looks like a Great alternative for VG for those who don't have the cash for the Sherlock. I'd buy one if I wouldn't have my dearly beloved "sherlock"(Cool new name for the model) GVG.

If one knows how to use "chillum" pipe, this might work with "two hand technique" of chillum smoking.

Ice House
#12 Posted : 7/16/2011 10:44:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

obliguhl wrote:
I want the real GVG ...or no GVG at all.

Agreed.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

plumsmooth
#13 Posted : 7/17/2011 12:25:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW, could someone suggest the best screen method for GVG original.

SO far I have tried cutting a piece of a pure stainless steel shredded-ribbon-type pot scrubber into a stuff-able size.

ANy other ideas please...

Thanks...

gibran2
#14 Posted : 7/17/2011 3:54:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

plumsmooth wrote:

SO far I have tried cutting a piece of a pure stainless steel shredded-ribbon-type pot scrubber into a stuff-able size.

Thanks...

Have you tried this? (see attached photos)
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
screens.jpg (51kb) downloaded 2,251 time(s).

tele
#15 Posted : 7/17/2011 10:19:52 AM
Explorer

gibran2 wrote:
plumsmooth wrote:

Thanks...

Have you tried this? (see attached photos)

Gibran2 is my hero because of introducing me to this method. It works and it works very well. For GVG I recommend making it 13-14mm wide

I noticed the screen is best at about 3mm thickness, if it is thicker/more compressed, it is a bit more difficult to get the full dose in one hit. And for me it's quite darn difficult to take another toke if I'm "out there".

PS. If one cannot find copper mesh locally, check out ebay.com and search "chore boy copper", I had to buy from there. With shipping charge to europe it was about 8-10 euros for one package, and that's enough to last for a long time.

I guess it's best to continue the subject here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=22620&p=1

Aetherius Rimor
#16 Posted : 8/8/2011 7:54:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tried the GVG Bat with a torch lighter today. Simply could not get it to work holding horizontally. Not sure if I was supposed to hold it more at an angle downards, but it didn't really work well with the flame going into the open end.

Went through almost all my lighter fluid and almost burned my thumb, and got a tiny amount of vapor.

Finally just tried it with the lighter underneath the glass in a similar manner you'd use an oil burner. Got enough vapor that time to get a body high and very very slight CEVs.

Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong, or if this just won't work >_>...

gibran2
#17 Posted : 8/8/2011 2:04:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
Tried the GVG Bat with a torch lighter today. Simply could not get it to work holding horizontally. Not sure if I was supposed to hold it more at an angle downards, but it didn't really work well with the flame going into the open end.

Went through almost all my lighter fluid and almost burned my thumb, and got a tiny amount of vapor.

Finally just tried it with the lighter underneath the glass in a similar manner you'd use an oil burner. Got enough vapor that time to get a body high and very very slight CEVs.

Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong, or if this just won't work >_>...

What were you using to hold the DMT? (Copper mesh, screens, herb, or ???)

I'm wondering if the liquid DMT flows off of the "substrate" and onto the glass. Did you notice DMT accumulating on the glass?

As I said in a previous post (only half-jokingly), try holding it vertically (lying down would be the easiest way to do this) and see if you get good results.

Thanks for testing and reporting back!

d*l*b
#18 Posted : 8/8/2011 2:32:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah – I looked at it and thought the only way to use it would be head back, chillum-style (looks just like one after all).
D × V × F > R

Aetherius Rimor
#19 Posted : 8/8/2011 5:21:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Guess I should have done more research heh.

I put it in directly, not on a metal filter of some sort.

Figured that was fine for oil burner so it'd be fine for this o_O;

Jin
#20 Posted : 8/8/2011 6:07:40 PM

yes

still waiting to get a GVG , but i'll definetly be going for sherlock , its sooo damn beautiful , wowwww is all i can say , sherlock GVG is the most asthetic VG i've seen till now
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

123NEXT»