We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings friends! Options

OVERDOSE
#1 Posted : 7/15/2011 10:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been lurking around for awhile so I thought I'd finally take the time to introduce myself. The website and the people on it have been an invaluable source of info and advice, so first thank you to all the brilliant minds that make this place awesome.

I'm 24 now, and have been interested in psychedelics for the last 6 or 7 years. When I take psychedelics I feel like I'm turning on to something more universal than my day-to-day, monotonous and culturally relative existence. Also I'm an artist, and I take a lot of inspiration from these funky geometric patterns we all see. I've dabbled with acid, shrooms, little morning glory, not very often though as my access was limited.

Maybe a year ago I became interested in DMT. I spent a lot of time doing research and eventually had a successful first extraction. Man...... For awhile all I could say to anyone about my first experience was "Holy shit......." I remember the first trip VERY well. Probably the only one I can recall with ease. I inhaled the dose and my body was lifted up into a vortex of space and stars and color. I was soaring, and the sound of loud high pitched buzzing was nearly overwhelming. I stretched my arms in front of me, and I saw two or three rainbow-swirl colored arms and hands holding each of my arms up. I realized I was being lovingly carried by these beings made of pure color through the cosmic vortex. I had the feeling I was finally seeing what had been there the whole time.... I opened my eyes, looked up and the ceiling was raining light on my face. Eventually I stopped tripping/crying... I've got maybe 60-70 freebase trips under my belt at this point, and soon I will be trying pharmahuasca for the first time.

Thanks for reading, and again I'm thrilled that this community exists. I love you all.

Hope this is ok, but I also wanted to show off some of the DMT inspired artwork I do, so here are a few of those:

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

OVERDOSE
#2 Posted : 7/15/2011 11:00:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually I thought those would be bigger. Oh well, here's one bonus piece that's actually large enough to see Smile

bassmethod
#3 Posted : 7/16/2011 1:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!
I'm digging those photo's, they're different from a lot of the psychedelic
artwork you see these days and it has a archetypal tone that I think you did
a great job in portraying the idiosyncratic characteristics.

Liked the introduction as well, hope to see you around!

BM

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 7/16/2011 1:11:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

those look awesome, nice work. heres a design i drew used for a t-shirt design. very similar style.
olympus mon attached the following image(s):
shipibo_oddshirt_blu.jpgsmall.jpg (45kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

OVERDOSE
#5 Posted : 7/16/2011 2:04:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey mons I like your design! I make handmade tshirts as well in the same geometric Inca art style. BTW forgot to specify media, but they're all handmade ink/marker drawings 9"x12" or so.

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 7/16/2011 12:20:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

check out the shipibo Indians of Peru. their art is quite amazing as well.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

nen888
#7 Posted : 7/16/2011 12:37:47 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Smile hi,likewise dig the art..!very shamanogeometric.
reminds me of a thread somewhere in the nexus about 'they' communicate through the Static Overlay Pattern...
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=5667

endlessness
#8 Posted : 7/16/2011 2:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Awesome art!! I really dig that, spot on in the rendering of psychedelic experience 'snapshots' Smile

What dosage are you considering for ayahuasca? And how are you going to consume it?

OVERDOSE
#9 Posted : 7/16/2011 3:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! I was thinking 300mg Harmine + 120mg freebase DMT, both consumed in OJ, the Harmine preceding DMT by 20 minutes or so. The plan is to do this in a remote cabin in the woods with some friends. I definitely want to feel the trip, but I still want to be able to move around and go for a walk or something. I think I have less sensitivity to psychedelics than most, which is why I'm starting out with what seems to be considered a high medium dose. Do you think this is a sound idea?