We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introducing myself Options

lambep
#1 Posted : 7/3/2011 11:26:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

I'm interested in phalaris arundinacea extracts and although I theoretically know what the process is I thought it would be best if I registered here to see what information you have gathered.

I hope I will be able to contribute to this site some text and pics.

That's it for now.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 7/8/2011 2:38:16 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

hello & welcome to the nexusVery happy ,

wondering what you've learned so far about phalaris arundinacea..& why this phalaris as opposed to others?
i'm not a phalaris expert, & i haven't searched this or other sites yet, but seem to recall 5meoDMT coming into the picture with this species.(which a few
would consider even better, others more cautious).
have you come across the Phalaris 'AQ1' strain? (Alkaloid Quotient 1 - found by Giorgio Samorini in Italy & reported 1% (dry weight) mainly dmt)

look forward to hearing about & learning from your Phalaris explorations...

lambep
#3 Posted : 7/8/2011 10:55:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi nen888,

I learned how to identify phalaris arundinacea and theoretically how to perform an extraction.

Mimosa hostilis root bark (and other "mainstream" sources of DMT) are unavailable where I live and shipping would be quite costly so I had to look into other ways to acquire DMT. Phalaris arundinacea happened to be very abundant where I live so I started reading about it in general, about its alkaloid content and about relevant extraction teks.

This plant contains DMT, 5MeO-DMT, other psychoactive compounds in trace amounts and gramine which is toxic in sheep (thus probably in humans too). I have researched different possibilities to get rid of the gramine and found out it theoretically is almost impossible. Anyway - using chromatography one might have a chance of cleaning his product. The better way IMO would be to distill/sublimate the psychoactives (as they have notably lower boiling points) in an oxygen free atmosphere (because otherwise DMT vapor should oxidize readily). Also, in my humble opinion, gramine having a flash point at 131C means that it should oxidize before DMT evaporates when smoking your extract but don't count on my theoretical speculation.

I've only read about the AQ1 strain and I doubt that I can acquire it.

It's exams season here so I'll need some time before I start doing some real work (beside reading the theory) on my phalaris project.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/8/2011 12:05:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Ive been pointing this out since long and nobody seemed to consider it, but merck index says both gramine and hordenine are insoluble in petroleum ether (=naphtha). Maybe a simple recrystallization or just doing normal room temp naphtha pulls would separate those 2 unwanted alkaloids from the DMT.

By the way, why cant you order seeds from AQ1 (and turkey red for 5-meo) strains? Im sure there are suppliers around, some nexus members are growing them, so maybe they can chime in on suppliers. I should be testing some of them this summer, maybe can help a bit with the phalaris info around.

magickpsychonaut
#5 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:55:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!~
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

nen888
#6 Posted : 7/12/2011 5:52:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Very happy ..hey lambep, how's it goin?

have you seen Is this Phalaris arundinaecea?

i reckon tryptamine mixtures (such as DMT/5meoDMT, DMT/NMT, bufotenine/DMT etc.),
can possess unique properties, turning them into 'macro' or 'metasubstance' like experiences.

have you had any experience of extracts of this grass?

of course, always double check your Occupational Health & Safety guidelines in such little known places...