We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finding a sitter Options

tigerstrike92
#1 Posted : 7/11/2011 4:21:12 AM

Homo-divinorum

I am looking forward to my first oral DMT session. Syrian rue will be my choice of MAOI, though I haven't decided on MHRB or Chali. However, I have one big concern...

FINDING A SITTER:
-I am extremely blessed to have many friends who I can openly talk about psychedelics with. That said, I can't seem to get through to them about this wonderful molecule.
-Most of them either just don't get it, don't have the respect and reverence for the experience/molecule i would want in a sitter, or wouldn't know how to react if a negative situation occurs.

How did you guys go about finding a good sitter?
If I take enough precautions, would my first trip into hyperspace navigable alone?

What are your recommendations?
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 7/11/2011 4:25:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me personally, I prefer to trip alone.

I just get a puke bucket lined with a plastic bag and lay down in my bed with a warm washcloth handy, just in case.

Just don't try to go anywhere or do anything and enjoy the ride. Smile
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Xt
#3 Posted : 7/11/2011 4:42:27 AM

I too trip alone, but it wasn't out of choice that i came to this. A sheer lack of understanding friends that i felt comfortable with resulted in this. Plus i stopped tripping near other people prior to DMT use as i grew tired of other peoples freak outs and irresponsibility causing me to adopt responsibility for them. A tiring and distracting situation indeed.

I certainly wouldn't recommenced dosing without a sitter, and only do so myself because i feel comfortable doing so. Tho i know that is somewhat foolish should i ever need help, i accept this with caution.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

rOm
#4 Posted : 7/11/2011 8:18:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're comfortable enough to do high dose of mushroom or lsd and you know you're not likely to freak out and do something stupid (call the fire-men when you think you're gonna die, while it's just an ego-shattering), and you prepare your set and setting well, you can certainly trip alone.
But prepare your first session on the weak side to get to know the effects of oral spice and harmalas.
That being said, I also trip by my own most of the time though I half of the time have my sweetie nearby.
But what I like a lot is triping with a good friend, it brings something to the experiment, plus I like to see them purging and feel great for days after!
La Purga is now legit to those eyes.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

cytokinesis420
#5 Posted : 7/11/2011 11:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could also give some to one of your friends first and train them in the shaman ways, since u already have the knowledge to guide them, then have them watch u when u trip...

justine
#6 Posted : 7/11/2011 2:03:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
If you're comfortable enough to do high dose of mushroom or lsd and you know you're not likely to freak out and do something stupid (call the fire-men when you think you're gonna die, while it's just an ego-shattering), and you prepare your set and setting well, you can certainly trip alone.
But prepare your first session on the weak side to get to know the effects of oral spice and harmalas.
That being said, I also trip by my own most of the time though I half of the time have my sweetie nearby.
But what I like a lot is triping with a good friend, it brings something to the experiment, plus I like to see them purging and feel great for days after!

Right but some people (me for instance) need silence to go in hyperspace, other pay no mind to purging/moaning/ecstatic sounds, I guess everyone
has to find out by experimenting !
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

tetra
#7 Posted : 7/11/2011 3:00:56 PM

BaconBerry

Sitters are an overrated distraction. What if you want to get naked and just wildly hump the air? Or laugh/cry/moan/groan all at the same time? All the sitter's going to be is uncomfortable and tell you cliches if you need it ("You will come back," "There's nothing to fear," blah blah blah).

The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

endlessness
#8 Posted : 7/11/2011 3:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tetra wrote:
Sitters are an overrated distraction. What if you want to get naked and just wildly hump the air? Or laugh/cry/moan/groan all at the same time? All the sitter's going to be is uncomfortable and tell you cliches if you need it ("You will come back," "There's nothing to fear," blah blah blah).

You cant generalize like that.. It depends on substance, dosage and what experience you have. What if you have a severe stomach pain or very thirsty and need a glass of water but cant walk to get it? What if its the first time youre taking and that reassurance is essential? What if some unrelated emergency happens and a straight person is necessary to make sense of consensual world? etc..

Personally I never have a sitter for the substances and dosages I am used to, in my controlled settings. I much rather just do alone (or be with other companions tripping too). But if I would take an iboga flood for example, a sitter would be in order.

tetra
#9 Posted : 7/11/2011 4:00:26 PM

BaconBerry

endlessness wrote:
tetra wrote:

You cant generalize like that.. It depends on substance, dosage and what experience you have. What if you have a severe stomach pain or very thirsty and need a glass of water but cant walk to get it? What if its the first time youre taking and that reassurance is essential? What if some unrelated emergency happens and a straight person is necessary to make sense of consensual world? etc..

Personally I never have a sitter for the substances and dosages I am used to, in my controlled settings. I much rather just do alone (or be with other companions tripping too). But if I would take an iboga flood for example, a sitter would be in order.

I guess I just presume that responsible adults would do their research and have all the basics at hand: water, purge bucket, music device, etc. And unrelated emergencies can happen all the time, we roll the dice every time we take a breath, and the wise one knows DMT is not to be taken lightly. Stomach pain? Really? So what? What's the sitter going to do for stomach pain? Tell you to wait it out? Wave their hands over the offending area like a faith healer? You have stomach pains you puke in the bucket you had set by your bed just in case. Agreed, though, that iboga is another matter, but we're talking oral DMT here.

That said, I know not everyone is comfortable being initiated without a sitter and, in fact, I am going to play sitter for two friends who are getting ready to try DMT for the first time.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 7/11/2011 7:23:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find working with anyone very difficult, so I have never used a sitter. I thought I would need one when I first tried pharma, but this didn’t end up being the case.

I have yet to find anyone reliable I would be truly happy visiting the outer limits of reality with. I have found a grand total of two people in three years of vaped spice missions who haven’t made me feel a bit awkward, but I wouldn’t be happy really pushing the boat out and relying on them should everything go wrong. It’s a lot of responsibility to place on someone. Luckily for me I have found I can deal with extreme situations by myself.

Saying all this I have had experiences that have been tortuous to say the least and I am wary of saying that everyone should fly solo. Some people probably need that cushion. How you find the person that is capable of that I don’t know. I know a lot of people who are very experienced with psychedelics and still I am not up for venturing into spice with them.
D × V × F > R

corpus callosum
#11 Posted : 7/11/2011 7:59:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I tried pharmahuasca for the first time last week and did it alone.200mg extracted harmaline and 50mg DMT fumarate were consumed and it was pleasant, albeit short-lived and not as long as I was psyched up for.

20+ years ago I often used to take decent doses of LSD without a sitter or interaction with any other individual for the duration and, IMO, this is the best training for tripping be it vaporised DMT and oral as to cope with no external frame of reference of 'normality' for 6+ hours of heavy tripping certainly aids the letting-go that a productive trip requires.I must admit, after such a long break from 'long' trips I did sit and stare at the goodies to be consumed for a good 15 minutes before ingesting but it was very nice to dip my toes into the longer-trip 'pool' once more, and I look forward to a bigger dose next time.

I think it really depends on your previous level of experience and being firm with yourself such that you only use these compounds when your mindset is right.I dont think I would be comfortable taking such a trip with a sitter at all, but thats just me.Just the concept of another person there would alter the flavour of the experience in a way I would find detracts from the pleasure and insights to be gained.

I also like Melodics approach-consume your thang and take refuge in your bed with all that you may need close at hand.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

tigerstrike92
#12 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:18:21 PM

Homo-divinorum

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think will go it alone. I have already ridden out one pretty crazy trip in the comfort of my own bed, and with enough respect and precautions taken it sounds like i should be ok. Maybe I'll just have a friend on standby, so I can phone him/her if things get to messy.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

rOm
#13 Posted : 7/11/2011 9:29:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:
rOm wrote:

Right but some people (me for instance) need silence to go in hyperspace, other pay no mind to purging/moaning/ecstatic sounds, I guess everyone
has to find out by experimenting !

Exactly. Mots of poeple I know do'nt want to even try DMT or other powerful tryptamine alone.
Most of us here in hte nexus seem comfortable enough to breakthrough alone while most ayahuasca drinker I know here and there only do it in a group setting in a healing ceremonie context...
Get to know what suits you and stay productive or at least enjoy the dynamic-orchestra.

Alone is best to breakthrough to IMO.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !