We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello There! Options

coolio11110
#1 Posted : 7/10/2011 12:23:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys! I've been a long time lurker since I first heard of DMT. Ever since I've been here, I have seen the willingness of other users to help others. Usually in other forums, all people do is yell at each other all day long, but here, there is nothing but helpfulness. All of this positive energy has given me the confidence to create an account and ask other members for help with my extractions. In the future, I plan on being one of the many members who are glad to help other members that are taking their first steps into the world of DMT or just into psychedelics. I will be able to pass down the knowledge I have onto others so their first time will be as good as I hope mine will be.

Well, have a great day and to everyone here: keep up the great work!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

E-Z
#2 Posted : 7/10/2011 4:50:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus coolio! is this going to be your first extraction?
"I bought a gun and chose drugs instead."
-Kurt Cobain

"Idleness is the beginning of all vice, the crown of all virtues."
- Franz Kafka

coolio11110
#3 Posted : 7/10/2011 11:02:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yup! This is going to be my first of hopefully many. I'm going to be using bestine instead of naphtha so hopefully it turns out well. I ordered it online and it still hasn't shown up yet however Sad so now I'm playing the waiting game...

Light Dude
#4 Posted : 7/11/2011 3:05:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bestine works very well, IMO, for a very selective N, N DMT extraction. SWIM always gets clear white at first pull, and then varying shades of yellow on consecutive pulls from MHRB that has been STB'd with lye... Though, SWIM is very interested in doing a Q21Q21 Jimjam A/B next time... Good luck, and some advice:

Don't shake the solution of lye and water, it will burst on you, and the burn isn't pleasant
Always have Vinegar around, lots of it, for spills, and work near a shower or hose, in case you need to douse yourself
If you use heat to extract, use glass, a borosilicate glass, like pyrex, or mason jars
Don't shake heated bottles of Bestine, it will burst on you
Lastly, if you freeze precip your dmt, let the jars come to room temp before you open them, as opening them cold, can introduce water condensing from the atmosphere, and that's a bitch to wait for it to dry(this was a tip from a friend, never bothered to confirm it)

Namaste

MelCat
#5 Posted : 7/11/2011 3:15:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coolio11110 wrote:
Yup! This is going to be my first of hopefully many. I'm going to be using bestine instead of naphtha so hopefully it turns out well. I ordered it online and it still hasn't shown up yet however Sad so now I'm playing the waiting game...

As Light Dude said, Bestine is a VERY selective solvent, so if you only pull with it, you'll be leaving a LOT of goodies in the mix, which isn't very good practice IMO.

After you do your initial pulls with bestine, you'll want to follow it up with either some d-limo pulls (for food safe) or xylene or toulene.

Good luck with your extraction and Welcome to the Nexus!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

coolio11110
#6 Posted : 7/11/2011 10:07:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info guys! I'll be sure to not shake the bestine and to have some vinegar handy, and I do have mostly glass equipment so I should be fine there.