We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Will humans ever stop fighting wars?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 10 47 %
No 10 47 %
Unsure 1 4 %

PREV12
Will humans ever stop fighting wars? Options

Jin
#21 Posted : 7/9/2011 1:35:47 PM

yes

totally have to agree with benzyme

human beings are totally self-destructive creatures and will wage a war forever , if human beings will stop fighting other human beings - they will wage a war against animals , plants and the planet ,

if nothing is left a human being will wage a war against himself as that is how self destructive human nature is

even if their is one world government soon they'll colonise mars and then it will be two planets that will fight a war , war will never end , possibly this is what has kept the aliens and guardian beings away from our planet for so long , who wants to hang with pissed off lunatic humans fighting for no reason

i am hoping all the politicians , soldiers , terrorists , warlords and agressive people can get together and kill each other off until no-one is left , then humanity will be safe
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jbark
#22 Posted : 7/9/2011 2:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

War, like technology, is an adaptive strategy. It is a part of who we are, and how we get further (as paradoxical as this sounds).

So no, we will not cease warring, unless we stop fucking - and I mean this in many senses, but above all, if we stop procreating, there will be no one left to war! Cool Ending war is about as likely as stopping people from poking each other in every available orifice - never gonna happen! Both are products of lust: LIFE & DEATH.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

kyrolima
#23 Posted : 7/9/2011 2:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The moment WE reach critical mass it will be hardwired in the mass conciousness, so that it devaluates war and suffering as not prefered states of being and therefore will vanish from human experience.
elusive illusion

nen888
#24 Posted : 7/9/2011 2:14:08 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..war is inherently tied to concepts of separation(& state)...only through modifying existing ideas will war, in it's current sense, cease...

benzyme
#25 Posted : 7/9/2011 3:12:42 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Aldous Huxley had a very nice (albeit naive) concept in Brave New World, but present/future society is/will likely be more like Orwell's 1984.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

dreamer042
#26 Posted : 7/9/2011 3:23:03 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I hope so!

I'd very much like to believe in the 21st century mankind has evolved beyond such pointless acts.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

benzyme
#27 Posted : 7/9/2011 4:40:06 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Keep dreaming.

We don't even have flying cars yet.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

onethousandk
#28 Posted : 7/9/2011 5:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kyrolima wrote:
The moment WE reach critical mass it will be hardwired in the mass conciousness, so that it devaluates war and suffering as not prefered states of being and therefore will vanish from human experience.

This here. Human culture HAS to evolve, like all things do, it's just a question of where we're going. I think history is on the side of the empathetic civilization.

benzyme
#29 Posted : 7/9/2011 6:30:04 PM

analytical chemist

well, for society to feel empathy, we need to abolish apathy. we can't have this "not my problem" attitude. society needs to get over this complacency, which is inevitably the byproduct of the overabundance of choice.

the ignorant response of "if you don't like it, move somewhere else" will never solve anything.
actively making people more aware and subsequent mobilization will.
revolution is a form of war, whether violent or non-violent, it will always be necessary.

onethousandk
#30 Posted : 7/9/2011 9:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
War, like technology, is an adaptive strategy. It is a part of who we are, and how we get further (as paradoxical as this sounds).

So no, we will not cease warring, unless we stop fucking - and I mean this in many senses, but above all, if we stop procreating, there will be no one left to war! Cool Ending war is about as likely as stopping people from poking each other in every available orifice - never gonna happen! Both are products of lust: LIFE & DEATH.

JBArk

You have a point but I think your own example betrays you. People do and will fuck, but we've gotten smarter about it too. Marriage (in certain parts of the world) is now more about love than about property (as it has been for most of human history). Sex is as much about bonding as it is about lust and procreation. None of these ideas are new, they've always been a part of sex in the same way that peace has always been a part of war (we're only fighting to stop all the fighting!). I'm not saying the instinct to fuck and dominate will go away, just that we'll be smarter about how we do it.

The question again comes down to progress. For everyone's example of history's long line of poor decisions made by ignorant men and women there are examples of people going above and beyond to do the right thing. For every Vlad the Impaler, for every Hitler or Stalin, there have been thousands more that have done their best to fight the worst of man's instincts. Their fight has not been frivolous and again I'll make the claim that the side of humility and empathy have put us in the most moral and reason driven age in the history of mankind. Are we still doing it wrong? Absolutely! But I don't think we're as wrong as pre-19th and 13th amendment America or colonial Spain. I think our ethics and enlightenment are better than medieval Europe's. I think we're doing better than Caesar's Rome or Gangis Khan's Asia.

benzyme wrote:
revolution is a form of war, whether violent or non-violent, it will always be necessary.

I wouldn't argue this point. I think we will always fight intellectual wars and this is a good thing; conflict can bring about growth. This is the essence of peer reviewed science. We'll debate truth until our species ends. It's the physical wars I think we'll move beyond. Or at the very least, the large scale physical wars.

moksha
#31 Posted : 7/9/2011 11:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The videos by John Hagelin. who has done phd in consciousness, may be within context of the topic.

part 1 of 2 - http://youtu.be/OrcWntw9juM

part 2 of 2 - http://youtu.be/FSxluvq5HI0
"I" is as fictitious as unicorn in jimjam land.

PREV12