We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ayahausca + kratom - safe or dangerous combo? Options

bluecurry
#1 Posted : 11/23/2008 9:28:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had conflicting advice from a few people, some saying there should be no major negative interaction between the kratom and MAOI, and another saying that there will be an interaction (similar to if you were to combine any other opiate) and either a dose adjustment is required or complete removal of the kratom from the experience.

If anyone has had experiences combining an MAOI and kratom, please lend some advice Very happy

thanks a bunch

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/23/2008 11:23:39 PM

Teotzlcoatl

First off I think this is a horrible idea... who knows what the interaction may be?

And 2nd off...

Why would you want to do this?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 11/24/2008 2:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i REALLY dont think its safe to combine...SWIM is familiar with the effects of kratom...and it really is NOT something that SWIM feels would be safe...or NICE to try...i think you would become very disoriented...probably vomit a lot...kratom just has such a broad range of effects that i really dont think it would be fun at all...

the only way i could see this working is by trying VERY VERY tiny amounts and finding out if its comfortable or not...but i dont think its worth it...

just take the maois...and get a good vaporizer...VAPORGENIE....load the thing up with a nice few doses..and sit back and take a hit whenever you feel...

the VaporGenie has become SWIM pipe of neverending spice...

its got so much in it..that he cant even remember the last time he put any in

but every time he smokes it is SOOO pleasant

seriously people...the VaporGenie is THE BEST WAY TO SMOKE SPICE

its made of wood...there is no chance of burning your precious spice..no vapor can leak out of it...its perfect...

i dont know why more people dont get one
it's a sound

ChemicalEudaemonia
#4 Posted : 11/24/2008 5:55:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my friend only uses spice when he has the kratom to go with it. ' says it makes him relax and take in the experience. however, this guy does not suffer any of the side effects of k like most people do, maybe from his tolerance... i would suggest you use the tincture extract instead of the tea cuz that won't give you as much nausea.

and obviously dont use it if you have heart/health problems.

ChemicalEudaemonia
#5 Posted : 11/24/2008 5:58:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey i have one of those vapegenies

it is very good indeed Smile

say, do you just throw your spice on the screen inside? i tried that once and it melted through... now i've loaded the chamber with ss wool and i put my salt ontop of that.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 11/24/2008 7:16:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM usually just puts some weed or blue lotus on there..any herb really..something smooth and nice..blue lotus works well...and then SWIM just loads the spice in there...

its got so much in there now that all SWIM has to do is take a sweet drag...

and if he wants to..he can easily breakthrough on one good hit of his genie

long slow hit...swallow(locks the hit in)...smile(makes it easier to hold the hit in for some reason) and then count to 25..exhale...hyperspace

edit: im saying it probably isnt a good idea to take maois with kratom...does your friend do this?
it's a sound

ChemicalEudaemonia
#7 Posted : 11/24/2008 3:58:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:

edit: im saying it probably isnt a good idea to take maois with kratom...does your friend do this?

Ah, I see what you're saying. I thought there was a concern over the DMT experience. SWIM has tried it w/ a low dose of aya no problem, but I wouldn't consider that a good indication.

I see how that could be a problem, but I don't think kratom has anything in it that would be affected by the MAOI. It sure does have great synergy with the smoked spice, tho.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:08:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im just not too sure how it would be at higher doses..SWIM has taken large doses of kratom..slightly psychedelic ones...and he just feels it might not be the safest thing to mix with maois...but seriously..if anybody knows different id love to hear it
it's a sound

lorax
#9 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:23:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i always asked me why do people want to combine even more stuff? don't you think ayahuasca is kind of enough to put yourself through?

if you REALLY wanna get wasted i advise doing this:

take 125gamma of lsd then smoke 50mg harmine when the lsd peaks. then mix 25mg dmt, 20mg psilocin, 0.25mg salvinorin A with some high grade hydrophonic weed like silver haze and take it all in with one hit. (it might be good to have a friend around to administer all these things to you because you will probably not be able to do anything else than drool on your tshirt) it would be a good idea to keep some scopolamine and some haloperidol injections nearby just in case you get psychotic Pleased

you might wanna add a drop of honey oil to that head as a topping prior to smoking it. it will probably have a nice synergistic effect.

by the way.. this combination has never been tested. this was just a joke. lsd vs. harmine has been tested tho and resulted in HEAVY CEVs and OEVs along with the fear of getting eaten by trees which were growing into the room from the outside. a blanket for hiding under is recommended!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lsd and harmine huh...interesting!!! have you tried lsd and dmt? fucking sweet
it's a sound

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:36:26 PM

The Great Namah

I would NOT do this.

A while back I was taking micro doses of Caapi vine. Whenever I would take any kratom I would get a blinding headache. Full MAO inhibition with Kratom may possibly raise up your blood pressure enough to create a hypertensive crisis.

Kratom raises BP by itself. Don't mix them!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#12 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nope.. haven't.. i usually don't combine things. i like to enjoy things as they are. i love 250mg mescaline vs. 50gamma lsd tho. LOVELY! i'll give your suggestion a try sometime.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 11/24/2008 4:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lorax wrote:
nope.. haven't.. i usually don't combine things. i like to enjoy things as they are. i love 250mg mescaline vs. 50gamma lsd tho. LOVELY! i'll give your suggestion a try sometime.

it is most certainly the most awesomely visual experience SWIM has ever had...its really something to behold..SWIM is also all about mixing stuff...it shows you different parts of the experience that you sometimes miss by itself
it's a sound

bluecurry
#14 Posted : 11/24/2008 8:21:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be sure to steer clear of a kratom/MAOI combo and will make sure to pass on the info to anyone who may be curious as well.

Normally I'm the type who likes to try various polydrug combination's because sometimes you'll get interesting results, but MAOI's are something I don't want to play around with. They seem far too serious Razz

Smile