We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
best smoking device? Options

rickersjun
#1 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:04:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never done dmt yet, but have found some smoking methods that may be better.

First, this is the one I ordered my self.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F8PLIY
ESSENTIAL EV100 VAAAPP Pocket Vaporizer, It's for hash oils, but I can see it working out.

Second, and improvement on an already seemingly popular device.
http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html
+
http://aqualabtechnologi...vapor-slide-18-mm-8.html
as a replacement slide

there are cheaper healthstones, that's just she prettiest Very happy

Also,
http://aqualabtechnologi...pe-pipe-planetary-1.html
Again there are cheaper ones, this is just my favorite Very happy

Edit: Oh yea, what do you guys think?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:07:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha
#3 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:07:03 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

GVG. That's all you need to know.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

rickersjun
#4 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:17:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:

Well, I smoke a whole bunch of oils, and I think that the first one I posted(that I ordered), would be better. Any opinions?

rickersjun
#5 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:19:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

http://aqualabtechnologi...e-pipe-planetary-1.html

Also this thing looks better than the gvg, just a bit more expensive, I might just buy this too..

I love me some glass Very happy

a1pha
#6 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:24:56 PM

rickersjun wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Well, I smoke a whole bunch of oils, and I think that the first one I posted(that I ordered), would be better. Any opinions?

No, that thing is a piece of crap. (You already ordered?)

rickersjun
#7 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:32:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
rickersjun wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Really? Well amazon didn't send it yet, so until I do some research I canceled it.

I guess I am just going to order this guy.

http://aqualabtechnologi...pe-pipe-planetary-4.html

I can only imagine this is better than the gvg..

a1pha
#8 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:35:53 PM

The GVG is tried and proven by many members here. But feel free to order what you wish.

rickersjun
#9 Posted : 5/13/2011 6:42:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
The GVG is tried and proven by many members here. But feel free to order what you wish.

Haha alright, I am just curious if anyone has tried the hsg pipe. I am a glass lover, and this just seems like the gvg 2.0. I might just get both and do a review if no one else has tried it.

T

gibran2
#10 Posted : 5/13/2011 7:57:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

rickersjun wrote:
a1pha wrote:

Haha alright, I am just curious if anyone has tried the hsg pipe. I am a glass lover, and this just seems like the gvg 2.0. I might just get both and do a review if no one else has tried it.

T

The HSG uses the same technology as the GVG – a silicon carbide (ceramic) foam is used to diffuse the heat. With the GVG, the ceramic is protected by the top glass piece and never needs to be handled directly. With the HSG, the ceramic must be handled, and based on instructions on the site, it sounds like it can sometimes be difficult to remove after use.

My guess is that the HSG is just as effective as the GVG, but a bit more cumbersome when removing the ceramic element (the “Vapor Stone”). But it sure looks nice!

edit: I noticed they also sell replacement silicon carbide filters for $26.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

rickersjun
#11 Posted : 5/13/2011 8:28:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
rickersjun wrote:
a1pha wrote:

T

The HSG uses the same technology as the GVG – a silicon carbide (ceramic) foam is used to diffuse the heat. With the GVG, the ceramic is protected by the top glass piece and never needs to be handled directly. With the HSG, the ceramic must be handled, and based on instructions on the site, it sounds like it can sometimes be difficult to remove after use.

My guess is that the HSG is just as effective as the GVG, but a bit more cumbersome when removing the ceramic element (the “Vapor Stone”). But it sure looks nice!

edit: I noticed they also sell replacement silicon carbide filters for $26.

I's there anywhere to get just the gvg slide, with out the piece?

gibran2
#12 Posted : 5/13/2011 10:06:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rickersjun wrote:

By “slide” I assume you mean the top piece? You can buy the top piece without the filter from the website. You can only buy the top piece with the filter if you are a registered owner of a GVG.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

rickersjun
#13 Posted : 5/15/2011 6:58:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
rickersjun wrote:

By “slide” I assume you mean the top piece? You can buy the top piece without the filter from the website. You can only buy the top piece with the filter if you are a registered owner of a GVG.

Hey just saw you hgs post Very happy. Glad to here people here think it's neat.

I ordered one and it should be here thursday, by afoaf won't have spice till the weekend if all goes well for him ^^. I can't wait to write a review.

soma_seeker
#14 Posted : 7/7/2011 6:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:

Really? Have you actually tried it yourself? I was considering buying one. Unfortunately I can't buy a GVG (issues sending it to where I'm living at the moment), but I can buy either a regular VG or the essential vaaapp for roughly the same price. At the moment I'm leaning towards the vaaapp.

Does anyone have any experience with both the vaaapp and the VG? any thoughts?....

MelCat
#15 Posted : 7/7/2011 10:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can't get a GVG, get a classic. If you load it with a mesh of copper brillo, you shouldn't have any runoff problems.

I can see lots of spice getting burned with the vaap..
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

DimensionlessBeing
#16 Posted : 7/8/2011 2:45:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eclipse Vape 2O. ...and a torch lighter

Dont buy it off the Essential site tho. they want $120 plus shipping. i bought mine at a head shop for $59.

gibran2
#17 Posted : 7/8/2011 3:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hueyii wrote:
Eclipse Vape 2O. ...and a torch lighter

Dont buy it off the Essential site tho. they want $120 plus shipping. i bought mine at a head shop for $59.

The Eclipse Vape 20 heats the product via conduction. With DMT, this produces a very harsh vapor and easily pyrolyzes the spice. It produces vapors in the same way as a “light bulb” vaporizer. Even at $59, that's a lot of money for the equivalent of a light bulb vaporizer.

Xt
#18 Posted : 7/8/2011 3:36:57 AM

GVG

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

soma_seeker
#19 Posted : 7/8/2011 12:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
[quote=hueyii]
The Eclipse Vape 20 heats the product via conduction. With DMT, this produces a very harsh vapor and easily pyrolyzes the spice. It produces vapors in the same way as a “light bulb” vaporizer. Even at $59, that's a lot of money for the equivalent of a light bulb vaporizer.

Convinced. GVG or VG it is. Unfortunately the vaporGenie company won't accept credit card payments from Brazil (which makes things frustratingly more expensive/time consuming for me), so I might have to settle for buying the classic VG off eBay Sad

DimensionlessBeing
#20 Posted : 7/8/2011 2:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This response is from Hueyii who had to change his name here.

gibran2 wrote:

Not sure what is bad about pyrolyzing it. Are you saying thats what makes it harsh? I do notice that if heat is applied directly under spice thru the glass the spice cooks and burns yielding harsh smoke. swim uses a different technique that involves heating the glass as far away from the spice as possible. This prevents the spice from running up the stem and prevents burning. After cooling, swim ends up with yellow leftover crystalized spice in the glass vial if he overloaded it. this makes for a convenient way to get the second hit if you put in a double dose.

While drawing on the Eclipse, you can see the air swirling in the glass chamber so with proper technique you can avoid burning the spice. Also, you can attach it to a water pipe device with the glass fittings. Cant do that easily with a lightbulb. This also smoothes out the smoke. swim prefers hooking up a clear plastic tube to it and using it like a pipe. He feels that water pipes would reduce some of the spice before it gets to the lungs.

Swim has not used gvg so cannot comment on its effectiveness but based on responses here it sounds like folks like it. That said, swim looked at vaporgenie and even bought one, not the glass one, and couldnt figure out how it prevents the running away of the spice from the heat. He bought the aluminum bat model and even after attaching an eight inch tube to it, alot of spice ran into the tube and was not recoverable. With the GVG, it appears that spice will do the same thing, no? I guess you could heat the glass where the spice ran to but that would present the same pyrolyzation issue it would seem. Also, I could see a technique where heating the GVG glass below the spice chamber before torching thru the ceramic may help prevent runaway spice but havent seen that technique mentioned.

Swim would like to try the GVG but doesnt want to buy one without knowing how it deals with runaway spice.

Not knocking the GVG but swim has been around the block with vaping on multiple contraptions/methods and found that the runaway issue is the biggest problem. Even the Eclipse Vape H2O has the issue if not used the way described above.

Spice is too divine to let it get away!

12NEXT