We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin alchemy? Options

Sadhaka
#1 Posted : 7/2/2011 12:52:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If my country has any psychedelic that can be considered as flag-ship of the class, its psilocybin. I'm looking for D.I.Y. chemistry, so easy and as safe as possible. Something that I can do in case of the end of civilization, without laboratories and chems. I have four questions on my mind and I hope to find some people qualified to answer it.

1) How to isolate psilocybin from the mushrooms?

I'm looking for easy methods that can be made from pseudo-equipment that can be bought in supermarket. I know that hot water extracts some psilocybin from the mushrooms. Can anyone elaborate on that? Your experiences? This same goes to treating mushrooms with citric acid or things like that.

2) How to potentate psilocybin?

I've heard that MAO inhibitors potentate psilocybin. I've heard that black currant is a mild MAOi but my experiences with it were inconclusive. What other foods can potentate psilocybin? Any other ideas hot to make psilocybin action stronger? I'm interested even in breathing, meditation, exercises, etc.

3) How to lower intensity of the trip?
I'm not sure if it's placebo or what but from the start I've heard that sugar lowers level of your trip. Is it true? What is the science behind that? Any other good methods? I know that staring at flame calms people down but anything else?

4) ALCHEMY OF THE PSILOCYBIN
This is the main question. How to easily change psilocybin in something else? Is it possible at all? Can I add this or that and end up with something different then psilocybin or psilocin?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 7/2/2011 1:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4) ALCHEMY OF THE PSILOCYBIN
This is the main question. How to easily change psilocybin in something else? Is it possible at all? Can I add this or that and end up with something different then psilocybin or psilocin?[/quote]

Sorry but no synths talk on this forum.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

endlessness
#3 Posted : 7/2/2011 2:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In theory psilocybin can be extracted from mushrooms by powdering, soaking in methanol and freeze precipitating. I got it to work and precipitate some clean looking white stuff, but when drying on the filter it became more gooey and yellow. It wasnt bioassayed yet.

Psilocin on the other hand is poorly soluble in methanol, you need 70% ethanol for best results, but psilocin is much more unstable, so after filtering, keep ethanol in the fridge/freezer in dark container, and drink up the equivalent amount of the alcohol (considering your 70% ethanol was NOT denatured). Im not sure if reasonably pure and stable psilocin crystals are possible to get

And yes, no synth talk here, please read our attitude page, thanks Smile

Chopstick
#4 Posted : 7/4/2011 7:51:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Psilocybin can be easily extracted from mushroom material using everclear. From this a tincture can be made or pure psilocybin crystals can be procured through freezing. However, pure psilocybin will oxidize very quickly and become useless. A hot water extraction won't work as well as warm everclear. And yes, psilocybin is definitely potentiated via MAOI's. Taken in conjunction with Caapi or Rue will dramatically increase effectiveness.

rOm
#5 Posted : 7/4/2011 8:56:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what I would do to keep mushroom is the lemon juice cold extraction, then freeze the juice as ice cube until served in iced tea, or mineral water.
or simply powder them in stock in honey.
these are quite infamous and good tasting, digestive, easy recipes.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !