We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some questions from a Caapi first-timer Options

tobecomeone00
#1 Posted : 7/1/2011 8:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I'll start quickly. I am experienced in rue, as well as rue extracts. I found that though I LOVED the experiences those substances gave me, I want to branch out a bit and try b. caapi. I look around online, and found that caapi extracts/tinctures were somewhat rare and iffy, and figured my best option was to go ahead and order shredded/powdered caapi, brew and the drink liquid, and vape hits of spice for the next 4-5 hrs...Question being, if one is used to 3g-5g of rue, what would be a good hearty dose of caapi for a well-seasoned explorer? Is there any difference between shredded/powedered as far as being easier to work with? Of course I assume the different 'colors' and 'strains' of caapi may be a marketing ploy, but just to humor myself, does anyone have anything they can chip in regarding the color coding of caapi? Will probably order today, so was lookin to get some quick tidbits from you guys.... Very happy
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 7/1/2011 9:00:41 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Only a lvl80 Über-shaman worries about caapi color. A regular joe like me can't tell a difference. I've tried white, red, yellow, and black.

I'm much more concerned about freshness and age of the vine...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

ragabr
#3 Posted : 7/1/2011 10:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had extremely weak yellow vine, and very strong black vine. Red vine seems pretty middle of the road.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only you can tell the potency of your specific, batch, unfortunately, as it is extremely variable.

My advice would be to start without the DMT. If you are very experienced with Rue, you could pour yourself a tall glass, say, 80g, and sip it slowly over the course of an hour. See at what point you start to feel things... go slowly... Once you hit a point of effects from Caapi alone, that would be a good point to start adding small amounts of admixture.

Caapi alone is wonderful, and at high enough doses, can become quite visionary. Smile

You just have to experiment to find a personal threshold (cooking bigger batches saves time!).
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

tobecomeone00
#5 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

80g of powdered caapi? damn, i only ordered an ounce....
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

MySmelf
#6 Posted : 7/2/2011 4:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:
80g of powdered caapi? damn, i only ordered an ounce....

Yeah, you probably should order your caapi by the pound or kilo!
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:11:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An ounce of liquid extract, do you mean?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

tobecomeone00
#8 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nah, like literally 28g of powdered caapi...I bought a little just to try it out, but now I'm finding 28g of caapi "ain't shit" so to speak? Well, if one can't get a single dose out of that much, could it be mixed with a 10x rue extract? I mean, I DO want to experience caapi, but what can 28g of caapi powder actually do?

smokerx
#9 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:40:14 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

28g is not much but still if you sensitive to caapi like me for example it still may give you some nice mild experience. I did 50g of yellow caapi and spent almost all the time hugging my toilet. So I guess with 28g I could have had some nice experience.

I guess there is only one way to find out for you Pleased
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

tobecomeone00
#10 Posted : 7/2/2011 7:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehehe, I like you're style, smokerx....What do you suppose would be the best way to comsume it? Caapi tea?

smokerx
#11 Posted : 7/2/2011 8:39:39 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

tobecomeone00 wrote:
Hehehe, I like you're style, smokerx....What do you suppose would be the best way to comsume it? Caapi tea?

I would brew it 4 x 30 min and reduce to about 50ml than drink together with some spice (20-30mg)in OJ . I know I would definitely have some mild experience from it but I have no idea what you gonna get out of it. Give it a try. Maybe if you only drink the brew than wait 15-30 min to see if you get any effects and than take some spice. If not enough spice take some more or vape some.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

tobecomeone00
#12 Posted : 7/2/2011 8:44:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay....let's get into details...roughly how many harmala alkaloids could be found in 28g? Suppose I boiled this down to a shot of liquid, drank say 30mg of dissolved spice, then swallowed say .3g of a 10x rue extract, then proceed to vape spice throughout the night...lol...I'm sure I'd get a sense of what's up, and now that I think of it, the caapi could be consumed not with the intention of its harmala alkaloids, but just for the sheer wanting to experience the caapi's personality...of course, I'd have to dose with rue extract to REALLY inhibit some mao...you don't think mixing these two "teachers" would be problematic, do you?

smokerx
#13 Posted : 7/2/2011 9:02:57 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

tobecomeone00 wrote:
Okay....let's get into details...roughly how many harmala alkaloids could be found in 28g?

it depends on how potent your caapi is. I guess it could be between 1 and 2%. So you can get between 280 and 560mg of alkaloids. Its only estimate really.

tobecomeone00 wrote:
I'd have to dose with rue extract to REALLY inhibit some mao...you don't think mixing these two "teachers" would be problematic, do you?

I really dont know answer to this one. If you do dose with rue you will never know how potent caapi was. Maybe some other more experience member will be able to answer this one for you.

I my self would not mix it.

smokerx
#14 Posted : 7/2/2011 9:10:38 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Read this thread as well

ragabr
#15 Posted : 7/2/2011 10:36:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gibran2 has extracted Caapi from a range of .3% to over 3%, so there's no real in general answer.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms