We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
how do these Lophophora seedlings look? Options

Darkbb
#1 Posted : 11/22/2008 9:04:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My seedlings look sick what can I do to help them as they are my last ones I have. I leave them in front of my window and they some times have irregular lighting patterns will this hurt them. maybe they are not getting enough light. Is it time to take them out of the high humidity yet? I read somewhere that I should use florescent bulbs which I have available right now.

Before these seedlings sprouted they had no light and I gave up on them pretty much but I continued to water them and keep the heat up until one day I saw two taller than normal seedlings sprout up. Are these two tall because they sprouted with no light? Are they sick?

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Darkbb
#2 Posted : 11/22/2008 10:54:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Razz

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 11/22/2008 11:49:25 PM

Teotzlcoatl

They look fine except the they seem to be streching for more light...

Just get a stronger light, put them in 14 hours of light and 10 hours of darkness. A period of complete darkness every night is very important for cacti!!!

Quote:
Are these two tall because they sprouted with no light?

Ya I'd say so...

Just add more light and they should be fine! Don't add too much tho or they might dry out!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 11/22/2008 11:52:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thx for the info

why do you need to know where i live?

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 11/23/2008 6:07:36 AM

Teotzlcoatl

No prob'

Ask me anything, anytime.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Darkbb
#6 Posted : 11/23/2008 2:03:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah. would you suggest that I get a timer for my flourecent lights and just put my cactus in a dark warm place so i dont have to worry about what time the sun rises and shit. Also it would make it soo much easier with school.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 11/23/2008 4:46:51 PM

Teotzlcoatl

You need a light timer that comes on in the morning and goes off at night.

A period of complete darkness every night and a period of light everday is very important for cacti!!!

Darkbb
#8 Posted : 11/23/2008 5:17:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sweet. im gonna get a timer pretty soon i'll be all set to go Smile

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 11/23/2008 10:23:31 PM

Teotzlcoatl

They could die if you don't do that really soon!

They are cheap and easy to find! Go get one!