We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Poor Mans Tek - A 100% Fat Free, Food Safe, Grocery Store Solution to DMT Extraction Options

alzabo
#21 Posted : 4/12/2011 8:38:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for this tech, spiceman and everyone who has contributed/tested so far.
This allows me to make pharma or freebase while still preserving some of that "just making tea" feeling of doing a traditional ayahuasca brew.
I've used this successfully with grapeseed oil and soybean oil! -- yield not measured.
Next up: Coconut oil.
I'm excited about the coconut oil because it will freeze quickly, allowing easy separation of the layers.
Does anyone else have a suggestion for other oils with high freezing points?
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

alzabo
#22 Posted : 6/19/2011 12:07:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Initial tests using coconut oil and cactus are promising. A sub threshold dose produced a feeling of electricity and friendliness. Further tests are needed to verify this for sure but if that was placebo, it was very strong.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

yatiqiri
#23 Posted : 6/24/2011 5:27:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried this tek for the first time, with cactus, sodcarbonate, vegetable oil soy and sunflower mix, and lemons. I wanted to convert the foul tasting nousea inducing tea, into a more comfortable lemonade.

it worked. I like this tek, mostly because the other chemicals are hard to get for me.

I am interested in trying this tek on some acacia floribundas that may contain tryptamines. Specifically I would be trying this on the phyllodes or depending on what's available maybe bark or flowers

yatiqiri
#24 Posted : 6/28/2011 3:27:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you everyone who has contribute to this tek. I am very grateful as this for me has really opened up the way to DMT.

Using this tek on dry powedered acacia floribunda phyllodes, I was able to extract a small quantity of crystals and orange goo that smelled like tryptamines with acacia essence.

I smoked some and... its positive! I was soo happy!! I will soon be posting an full DMT extraction of acacia floribunda using this tek with pictures of everything. I would like to first buy a scale so that I could also calculate yields.

Though Im not sure exactly what this floribunda spice contains. It did last a bit longer ( a bit over 15 minutes) than what I was expecting from my experience with MHRB spice(more like 5-10 minutes) but it definatly felt like DMT. Internet sources indicate that acacia floribunda contain tryptamines and phenethylamines, but I have no idea exactly what.

DMT!!! Happiness and love to all. Mother earth really does provide everything.

PlainCoil
#25 Posted : 6/30/2011 8:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work!

Who thinks we should funnel this technique back to the brazilian natives who originally gave us this plant? I wonder if they would like a smokable form of their ally? Razz

PlainCoil
#26 Posted : 7/4/2011 12:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM got an extremely low yield from the first pull, first salting of a 500g batch.

Roughly 300g caoh was added to 500g powdered mhrb in a half gallon mason jar, then water enough to create a chunky/soupy consistency. Pure canola oil was added, ~3/4c. This was heated by a double boiler set-up for 1.5h without allowing anything to boil, stirring regularly - ensuring that the contents became thoroughly mixed.

Allowed to cool and settle for 1.5h. During this time the mason jar cracked and the oil was poured off into a smaller jar, but still contained a significant aqueous layer. The rest of the mess was moved to another jar. The oil mixture was extremely dirty from suspended plant material, so a saturated sodium carbonate solution was added to wash the oil. It became much clearer, and the separation became more defined.

The oil was a very nice shade of yellow and smelled strongly of mhrb.

The oil was separated from the sodium carbonate/sludge mix with a pipette and salted with straight 5% vinegar a la the mesc acetate tek. The vinegar layer was agitated with the oil until both changed color. This was allowed to settle for 1 hour, then the vinegar layer was separated and evaporated to yeild:

less than .3g of brownish material. SWIM kinda expected a little more from the first pull of a 500g batch, even with an experimental tek....

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

yatiqiri
#27 Posted : 8/1/2011 5:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cactus crystals using the poor man's tek,(sodium carbonate and vinegar)
yatiqiri attached the following image(s):
spaceshipiswaiting.JPG (211kb) downloaded 624 time(s).

biopsylo
#28 Posted : 8/4/2011 8:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yatiqiri wrote:
cactus crystals using the poor man's tek,(sodium carbonate and vinegar)

care to elaborate on your starting material, and steps?
looks very nice

yatiqiri
#29 Posted : 8/6/2011 11:23:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starting material: cuttings, fresh cactus, echinopsis lageniformis aka trichocereus bridgesii-found growing in La Paz, Bolivia in a residencial zone

steps

-- tea extract
whole cactus minus the core diced and liquified in a blender and then boiled in acidified water. tea squeezed through cloth filter, further separation from solids with a day or two or sediment settling, and then the tea was concentrated by boiling/simmering to a light paint consistency,
5 12 inch cuttings were used which were reduced to about 200ml of concentrated tea(i didnt measure exactly)

--- added sod carbonate, mixing and adding water to maintain a light paint consistency.
added sodcarb until the reaction appeared complete.
I totally eyeballed this, judging from the change in color (turns yellow),
and also when the viscosity became like gum for some reason, then I stopped adding sod carb. I didnt measure anything or make calculations, but I estimate in a tea concentrate from 5 12 inch cuttings I used somewere around 120 grams of sodiumcarbonate to basify, perhaps more.

---following the poor man's tek, extraction vessel was a container in a pot of hot water water. Vegetable oil was used, sunflower and soy blend, about 300ml, stirred and steeped in the hot basified concentrate for an hour then separated and salted with acidified water ( 1.5cup 5%vinegar/gallon water) repeated 4-5 times..
( the basified concentrate continued yielding salted crystals in later washes with fresh oil, the sixth and seventh washes yielded almost a gram of crystals)

-- acidified water combined, boiled then evaporated in a dish.. crude crystals, about 7-8 grams yield of impure crystals. I didnt bother being precise in general since I had no clue as the to weight of the starting material and am still experimenting with the technique of it all.

recommendations?
prehaps on purifying the acetate crystals?

I would like to know if someone knows how to calculate the quantity of sodium carbonate neccesary to freebase x amount of mescaline in san pedro... or maybe how much sodium carbonate per dried grm of cactus? (for future reference)

thanks again to spiceman and allwho have and continue to contribute to the poor man's tek. vegetable oil in chemistry extractions is far from the traditional solvents used in AB extractions, but proves to be quite efficiente in capturing freebase alkaloids of the cactus type and of the acacia type.

moyshekapoyre
#30 Posted : 8/13/2011 2:31:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!! SO MANY THANKS! Now I have pure white DMT without ever touching a petrochem! What I do is actually use d-limonene to extract, since you don't have to heat it at all and it basically takes only a minute or so to extract DMT using limonene. Then with the red DMT I get from limonene I use hot vegetable oil and BAM it's white now and way easier to smoke all in one go!

I hope everyone stops using Naptha/heptane etc. Yuuuuuccckkkkk!!! Environment gods will not like you!

jdubs
#31 Posted : 8/20/2011 8:00:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for this tek. i have been reluctant to procure chems etc, so have yet to try any sort of extraction...trying to keep my nose clean etc. This suddenly makes it seem so possible... Smile
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

most.fungi
#32 Posted : 11/30/2011 4:09:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heard about someone who recently tried this with Acacia Confusa root bark. They had pleasant, mild, and brief but extremely noticeable effects from a small amount. Vivid, rhythmic CEVs.

It was their first time successfully extracting, and they are looking forward to a larger dose with a better administration method.

They thank the author of this tek!

Doodazzle
#33 Posted : 1/7/2012 4:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
WOW!!! SO MANY THANKS! Now I have pure white DMT without ever touching a petrochem! What I do is actually use d-limonene to extract, since you don't have to heat it at all and it basically takes only a minute or so to extract DMT using limonene. Then with the red DMT I get from limonene I use hot vegetable oil and BAM it's white now and way easier to smoke all in one go!

I hope everyone stops using Naptha/heptane etc. Yuuuuuccckkkkk!!! Environment gods will not like you!

Can you clarify please? It sounds like you did something cool and I'm trying to figure out just what you done.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

moyshekapoyre
#34 Posted : 1/7/2012 6:52:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried to reproduce it once (lazily), and failed.

Basically the difference between extracting with d-limo vs veggie oil is that with veggie oil, temperature is key. The higher the temperature, the more stuff is dissolved. So if you get the sweet spot in terms of temperature, you can dissolve only the DMT. That's my hypothesis...

Nathanial.Dread
#35 Posted : 8/26/2013 12:48:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Umm...where is the Tek? The first post appears to start in the middle of the conversation.

I assume you do a basic A/B with all the foodsafe ingredients, but I can't help but feel that part of this thread is missing...
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

BecometheOther
#36 Posted : 8/29/2013 7:55:52 PM

metamorhpasizer

Yeah the tek is not there anymore Sad

I remember the basics are do an acid boil with vinegar base with sodium carb (I use lime) then pull 3 times with veggie oil over a heat bath, then you have to salt it out of the oil, then you can either concert back to freebase with more carb or keep as the acetate
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Orion
#37 Posted : 9/1/2013 7:40:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
Yeah the tek is not there anymore Sad

I remember the basics are do an acid boil with vinegar base with sodium carb (I use lime) then pull 3 times with veggie oil over a heat bath, then you have to salt it out of the oil, then you can either concert back to freebase with more carb or keep as the acetate

So how does one get freebase crystal with this method or without solvents ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

BecometheOther
#38 Posted : 9/4/2013 10:00:45 PM

metamorhpasizer

vegie oil acts as the Non Polar solvent, and you get freebase chrystal by salting the dmt out of the oil, and then re-converting it to base form by adding sodium carbonate and a touch of water, mixing and then washing with IPA that is my understanding
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

PREV12