We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Keep 'em or lose 'em (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Pharma + Product are obsolete 1 16 %
Pharma can stay, but Product can bounce 1 16 %
I love my product, but pharma is derogatory 0 0 %
Pharma + Product are choice words 4 66 %

Origins of Pharma + Product Options

۩
#1 Posted : 10/14/2009 4:18:00 PM

Can anyone enlighten as to the origins of the word "Product" that people use to discuss their extracts?
Is this a common chemistry term or something? Or is it just some random word people use?

Also, the word Pharma. Where did this come from?
Why pharma?
"A pharmaceutical drug, also referred to as medicine, medication or medicament, can be loosely defined as any chemical substance intended for use in the medical diagnosis, cure, treatment, or prevention of disease." - wiki

Doesn't really sound like taking a shot of THH + sp!ce in lime juice...

If I had it my way, Product + Pharma would be abolished from the land Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rolling eyes véale en Sacramento Rolling eyes

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Fatcat
#2 Posted : 10/14/2009 4:24:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pharma refers to Phamahuasca (sp?) and the product is the end of an equation.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Touche Guevara
#3 Posted : 10/14/2009 5:02:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Can anyone enlighten as to the origins of the word "Product" that people use to discuss their extracts?
Is this a common chemistry term or something? Or is it just some random word people use?

Also, the word Pharma. Where did this come from?
Why pharma?
"A pharmaceutical drug, also referred to as medicine, medication or medicament, can be loosely defined as any chemical substance intended for use in the medical diagnosis, cure, treatment, or prevention of disease." - wiki

Doesn't really sound like taking a shot of THH + sp!ce in lime juice...

If I had it my way, Product + Pharma would be abolished from the land Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rolling eyes véale en Sacramento Rolling eyes

Pharma comes from the Greek 'pharmakon', meaning both remedy and poison. The Greeks understood that drugs could both heal and harm depending on use. The word 'product' is commonly used to denote a good or item that satisfies a need.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 10/14/2009 10:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pharma=Pharmahuasca, yes?

To me it sounds just right, like an extract is done on the desired plant and taken that way, the word pharma to me sounds like something that has had human influence in the outcome.

For product, I think it must come from the end product that is being produced, ready for use.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 10/15/2009 10:53:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always thought that product was just a drug dealer/manufacturer's term, but it seems that it is actually a chemistry term:

Quote:
A product is a substance that forms as a result of a biological- or chemical reaction. While the end product of some chemical reactions may be the result of a relatively rapid reaction, nanoseconds to seconds, chemical equilibria in complex systems may require years or even centuries to be established. For example, equilibria in groundwater systems with multiple components are achieved on timescales of millennia, if ever. When a chemical change occurs, reactants are rearranged. The result of these rearrangements is the formation of new, different substances (products)also properly having the effect on mutation.

Product (chemistry) - Wikipedia

I reckon words are words though. Some new ones annoy me but I often find myself using them in the end. In English we are lucky though. There are so many words for everything. If you really hate a word you're not forced to use it! As long as we can all get our point across to each other we can all use whichever ones we want (I've never used pharma or product before this post).

D × V × F > R

RayOfLight
#6 Posted : 6/30/2011 9:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had christian friends run away scared because i offered them ' pharma ' witch they related to pharmakia in the old testimant
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E